Dear Friends,

I am looking for a home loan for one of the Project in Nodia, could you please guide which bank is a good option to pick, considering:
- Interest rate,
- services
- charges
- prepayment formalities

among followings:

1. LIC Home loan
2. HDFC
3. AXIS
4. Any other

Also if any tips/guideline before taking home loan?

I am sorry if am creating a duplicate thread,please share the link if same is already available.

Thank you so much.
Read more
54 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by GharChahiye
    Dear Friends,

I am looking for a home loan for one of the Project in Nodia, could you please guide which bank is a good option to pick, considering:
    - Interest rate,
    - services
    - charges
    - prepayment formalities

among followings:

1. LIC Home loan
    2. HDFC
    3. AXIS
    4. Any other

I am sorry if am creating a duplicate thread,please share the link if same is already available.

Thank you so much.

As per majority,HDFC and AXIS bank is best among all banks for home-loan.
    CommentQuote
  • HDFC, ICICI, AXIS and other private lenders are good in providing housing loan in easy way....

But don't forget... They are evil in terms of hidden charges.
    CommentQuote
  • Go with IDBI. Very easy in their processes & you can reach them very easily on emails / phones, whenver needed. I have very god experience with IDBI. Its a pubilc sector bank.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arpitk1008
    Go with IDBI. Very easy in their processes & you can reach them very easily on emails / phones, whenver needed. I have very god experience with IDBI. Its a pubilc sector bank.

idbi, hdfc are the best
    icici is also good but i have heard their interest rates are a bit on the higher side

have got some bad feedback abt LICHFL .. they delay the disbursements a lot
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Guys.

Any tips/guideline before taking home loan?
    CommentQuote
    Dear Friends,

- Interest rate,
    - services
    - charges
    - prepayment formalities

among followings:

1. LIC Home loan
    2. HDFC
    3. AXIS
    4. Any other

Thank you so much.

Any bank which does not ask for EMIs... :)

On a serious note... IDBI / HDFC are good... look for service / being approachable first as the relationship is for a longer tenure... next look for ROI (EMI per 1 lakh)

Sarkari banks are also okay, but rula dete hain paperwork mein...so avoid..aajkal kiske paas itna patience hai...
    CommentQuote
  • I feel SBI should also be considered...

Recently after RBI policy change, only SBI has reduced the home loan rates. While other bank says "Abhi hamare paas email nahin aaya".

However SBI is not financing lot of projects. In Noida to be specific many of Jaypee WT projects.
    CommentQuote
  • Axis Bank and HDFC are very good. With nationalised banks, you have to be a little patient as they do their due diligence thoroughly, otherwise they are very transparent in their dealings.

I will suggest one more thing: don't take the rates given on websites sacrosant. You can always negotiate ROI and processing fee. ROI can be easily negotiated by 0.25%. In case of PF, you can bring it down to anywhere between 0 and 5000 for any amount of loan.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you friends, btw what is ROI?
    CommentQuote
    Thank you friends, btw what is ROI?

Rate of Interest
    CommentQuote
  • AXIS bank offers home loan at 10.75% and whereas HDFC at 10.5%

I had a really bad experience with INDIABULLS so dont even think about it. Most of the banks are not financing Jaypee resales so I had to go with Kotak ( 10.75%)

Go for HDFC I'll suggest...
    CommentQuote
  • Any preferences for NRIs? Is it really necessary to have NRE/NRO account in the same bank ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sethia
    Any preferences for NRIs? Is it really necessary to have NRE/NRO account in the same bank ?

I would say HDFC is very quick and not necessarily you can have NRE/NRO account with same bank. You can the account with other bank which provides NRE account.
    CommentQuote
  • IDBI,HDFC, AXIS are surely best banks for homeloan.

My personal experience with LIC Housing Finance has been very bad in the gurgaon branch, where the staff has been asking for bribes while I was nearing the date of disbursement of home loan, so would advise to stay away from govt. banks if possible.

One of my friend had a strange experience with HDFC, when they refused to santion homeloan for Ground Floor of Kresent Homes, giving the reason that HDFC does not finance ground & first floor, which was very surprising to me. My friend lost 10 days due to this and had to go to AXIS which resulted in delayed payment to Jaypee. He is now following up with Jaypee not to penalise him for late payment. I cannot follow why HDFC is giving this treatment to GF and FF, no one can build a structure without these floors ..:) :) :)

IndiaBulls is the worst of all, please do not think of it. very unprofessional.

The very important thing that I would like to highlight to you is that do not too happy seeing your home loan sanction letter as banks do delay things a lot in between sanctioning a home loan and making the final disbursal.

Thus follow up very rigourously with your bank till the final disbursement is made to the builder.
    CommentQuote
  • IDBI / HDFC are good...
    CommentQuote