Construction in Noida Sector 75 and 120 stayed - Indian Express

Projects of at least 6 builders hit, petition says land wasn’t formally acquired from farmers.

The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday stayed construction of multi-storey residential projects of nearly half a dozen private developers in Sector 75 and Sector 120 of Noida.

The court took the decision while hearing of a petition, which alleged that the Noida Authority allotted land to private builders without formally acquiring the plots from farmers.

A division bench of Acting Chief Justice Amitava Lala and Justice P K S Baghel gave two weeks to the respondents to file their replies. The matter will come up for hearing after three weeks.

The bench said the allegations in the petition raised the question whether any public authority has the power to allot land to a third party without acquiring it from the land owner.

The petition filed by Kalu, a farmer of Sarsabad village, through counsels Shiv Kant Tripathi and Amrita Rai, said a notification under Section 4 (indicating the intention of the Authority concerned to acquire land) of the Land Acquisition Act for 120 hectares in Sector 75 and Sector 120 was issued on April 7 last year.

The land concerned falls within Sarsabad village.

Nearly 600,000 square metres of land, which is roughly half the total area for which the notification was issued, was allotted to builders between 2010 and 2012 without completing the acquisition process, the petition alleged.

“Our contention is that 17 months after the notice under Section 4 was issued, the acquisition process has not moved forward. In accordance with the norms, the notice under Section 6 (pertaining to finalising the plots to be acquired) of the Act should have been issued within a year. Our objection is that land could not be allotted to private builders before it was acquired from farmers,” Mishra said.

He said all private developers involved have started construction on the allotted land.

The petition demanded quashing of the notice issued under Section 4 and cancelling of the lease deeds awarded to the private developers.
Read more
266 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Arre yarr

it's really bad news.
    which all projects are affected? I guess all projects in this sectors are at advance stage...

I'm sure things will be sorted out soon.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    Arre yarr

it's really bad news.
    which all projects are affected? I guess all projects in this sectors are at advance stage...

I'm sure things will be sorted out soon.

1. Amrapali Zodiac
    2. RG Residency
    3. Prateek Laurel
    4. Gardenia Golf City
    5. Panchsheel Pratishtha
    6. Indosam75
    7. JM Aroma
    8. Designarch
    9. Maxblis White House
    CommentQuote
  • Authority and BMW should be held responsible.
    CommentQuote
  • Its bad news.. I feel bad for the ppl who have invested in these projects .. NA should not allow such projects from the start .. Until everything is clear ( all approvals in place, land is registered , money paid to farmers etc.. ) projects should not be launched .. No point halting the projects after so long .. I hope it gets sorted out soon ..
    CommentQuote
  • Really bad...Noida can never be out of real estate news
    CommentQuote
  • This is all mess.. thats why I moved out of Noida.. you never know even after getting possession, A new news come like this and you cannt sell your property then...
    I think ppl should stay away from Noida, Noida Ext... till air is cleared by SC..
    No issues in paying 500-700 per sq ft extra rather making you BP high..
    CommentQuote
  • Most of them are near completion.
    why legal hurdle comes in place at extreme stage? huh.
    CommentQuote
  • Cookie.. I think case is filed long back..
    CommentQuote
    Most of them are near completion.

Only #1 and #3 are near completion.
    There is some progress for #2.

Remaining projects are in Sector 75 and are in initial phase and are at max risk of being scrapped by HC.

1. Amrapali Zodiac
    2. RG Residency
    3. Prateek Laurel
    4. Gardenia Golf City
    5. Panchsheel Pratishtha
    6. Indosam75
    7. JM Aroma
    8. Designarch
    9. Maxblis White House
    CommentQuote
    Most of them are near completion.

Any surety of investment in any area in Noida / Noida Extension ??? Who knows how many more such cases pending in area like Sector 7x and 118/119.
    CommentQuote
  • can anyone tell us when this news came in.
    CommentQuote
  • I dont think that now anything can be scrapped by SC.. If yes.. than NE is 100% not safe..
    CommentQuote
  • refer 1st post in this thread!!!!

Originally Posted by devesh_gupta1976
    can anyone tell us when this news came in.
    CommentQuote
  • what is thisss .. :(
    CommentQuote
  • what the ***k is going on? shame on govt/judiciary...why wait so long if it was illegally acquired? Were they waiting for till the project is mostly sold out and/or 95% payments are collected from innocent buyers and then give judgement to halt construction? And look the aggressive advertisements for newer projects in noida far sectors and even NE where builders/brokers are selling dreams like never before! I am sure many more of these will get stuck in legal hurdle in 'just the right time'...
    CommentQuote