Last updated: August 1 2013
8 | Posts
1462 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power of Attorney?

Hi All

I am in UK and got my possession letter from Mahagun. I don't have any blood relative in NCR who can execute possession formalities, Is that possible if I can give GPA to my brother in Law? Is it neccesary to give GPA to a blood relative? Please advise.

Thanks a lot.
    Sachin

Re : Power of Attorney?

Nope you can give POA to anyone, not necessary that he or she should be ur blood relative... btw i will suggest u to go for Special Power Of Attorney instead of General Power of Attorney.

Comment

Thanks you for your reply. I have been given GPA template by Builder. Does it really need to be Special Power of Attorney? Please advise.

Comment

If it is given by builder then it must be a SPA.. SPA is made for a specific transaction and GPA is general so can be used for multiple transactions ..

Comment

Builder gave me GPA. SO you mean SPA is a subset of GPA if that's true then it means GPA can work in my case. What do you think?

Comment

SPA is executed for a particular, say in ur case it must be for possesion of your apartment no# in Mahagun.. where as a GPA will say that person whom u authorise can do all kind of transaction on ur behalf be it buy/sell/rent etc..

Comment

I trust my Brother in Law so I can give GPA. I know property matters are always complicated but...
              Thansk JSharma for your help. Cheers

Comment

Any idea how to get the POA done in India? I am in India and want to give POA to my brother who is in India.

Comment

Visit my Post Power of Attorney - Amendment February - 2012
                  -
                  https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...--2012?t=61910
                  -

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X