Venture Capital for New Ventures

Last updated: November 15 2012
10 | Posts
1087 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venture Capital for New Ventures

Hi Guys.. I hope we all will agree that a successful start-up can give returns like no other investment..

I am well aware that most of IREF members are very highly qualified and are doing well in their lives.. Most of you would be in your jobs.. in India or abroad who want to invest their money..

I have an idea.. I am an entrepreneur and am a passout of one of India's most coveted colleges.. I have seen many people closely.. For example - the CEO of Flipkart was from my hostel itself.. They were brilliant in execution and luck favoured them.. I am sure there are many more like them but they do not get to the tipping point..

We can help these guys to reach the tipping point.. I plan to start a fund where you can invest small amounts - ranging from 5 - 10L onwards, this fund will be used to fund start ups mainly by students from IITs, IIMs and other coveted institutes.. If you look at the game changers like Google, Facebook, Dell etc. they have all been started by college students/dropouts... I believe that these guys have very fresh and innovative ideas and the biggest problems that they face is of funding and executional experience..

So, if we can fund their ideas and guide them (which I am sure we can as we all are experienced here), then we can have very good chances of success..

This way we could all be owning a small stake in these bright start-ups and who knows, we have another Google or Flipkart or Facebook from here.. And we get to be share holders without leaving our current profession and hence low risk too..

What say guys?

Re : Venture Capital for New Ventures

Originally posted by BlessMe View Post
    Hi Guys.. I hope we all will agree that a successful start-up can give returns like no other investment..

I am well aware that most of IREF members are very highly qualified and are doing well in their lives.. Most of you would be in your jobs.. in India or abroad who want to invest their money..

I have an idea.. I am an entrepreneur and am a passout of one of India's most coveted colleges.. I have seen many people closely.. For example - the CEO of Flipkart was from my hostel itself.. They were brilliant in execution and luck favoured them.. I am sure there are many more like them but they do not get to the tipping point..

We can help these guys to reach the tipping point.. I plan to start a fund where you can invest small amounts - ranging from 5 - 10L onwards, this fund will be used to fund start ups mainly by students from IITs, IIMs and other coveted institutes.. If you look at the game changers like Google, Facebook, Dell etc. they have all been started by college students/dropouts... I believe that these guys have very fresh and innovative ideas and the biggest problems that they face is of funding and executional experience..

So, if we can fund their ideas and guide them (which I am sure we can as we all are experienced here), then we can have very good chances of success..

This way we could all be owning a small stake in these bright start-ups and who knows, we have another Google or Flipkart or Facebook from here.. And we get to be share holders without leaving our current profession and hence low risk too..

What say guys?
    Good idea, but whats the security of the investment in fund...agar startup company chor nikali toh (no intentions to hurt anybody)

Comment

Originally posted by 1900sqft View Post
      Good idea, but whats the security of the investment in fund...agar startup company chor nikali toh (no intentions to hurt anybody)
      of course. due diligence will be done before investing.. complete plan will be made.. ek dum saara paisa thode hee dena hai..

all the investors will be in loop while disbursing money..

thoda risk toh lena hee padega dude if you want to taste entrepreneurship..

Comment

Startup me invest karna hai to "security of funds" bhool jao! Its like "n times or nothing".

"security of funds" chahiye to FD le lo!

Comment

of course. due diligence will be done before investing.. complete plan will be made.. ek dum saara paisa thode hee dena hai..

all the investors will be in loop while disbursing money..

thoda risk toh lena hee padega dude if you want to taste entrepreneurship..

This is not the way to go about it.
          You are talking basically about crowdfunding albeit ..not so much crowd.

Waise what will be your role ? and what you will take for it??

Comment

Typically what %ge of shares does the "guy with the idea" gets to keep?

Comment

Originally posted by fatichar View Post
              Typically what %ge of shares does the "guy with the idea" gets to keep?
              Dear these thinks and ideas are not discussed like this..
              There are separate forums for these..
              This forum is to discuss the real estate of India
              If some is having a idea related to RE then I can put my money in..

I am not goons invest on the name of google and Facebook..

Also flip cart like venture are also not in good position all are wait for amazon to buy them, then only they got good valuation else they are hand to mouth..

Comment

Originally posted by Rebele003 View Post
                Dear these thinks and ideas are not discussed like this..
                There are separate forums for these..
                This forum is to discuss the real estate of India
                If some is having a idea related to RE then I can put my money in..

I am not goons invest on the name of google and Facebook..

Also flip cart like venture are also not in good position all are wait for amazon to buy them, then only they got good valuation else they are hand to mouth..
                I shared this because I believe that IREF is a good place where all members are experienced professionals and it would help to channelise these thoughts..

Comment

I shared this because I believe that IREF is a good place where all members are experienced professionals and it would help to channelise these thoughts..
                  If u have any idea related to real estate find then put here,

When u started this thread u must Hebrides I. Your mind, please share...

Comment

What say guys?
                    why shall I trust you ? Also IIT/IIM are no gurantee of success.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X