Golf Course View Properties

Last updated: December 10 2012
24 | Posts
2910 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Course View Properties

Recently there has been a huge Craze for golf course property specially on this forum .So have some questions for which I would like the honorable members to answer

1) Is golf view more important than the internal flat layout .

2) How much time will you spend in your flat balcony vs ur flat ?

3) Does no sunlight entering your flat preferred over partial/full golf views ?

4) Is one balcony enough for a flat be it GC facing or not e.g 2105 unit in orchard

5) Do you prefer a good internal park within your society or just the golf view with no parks for children to play .

6) Is only GC views enough or one should take golf course membership in case opting for GC facing property

7) Is is good to pay 1000-1500 in case of Imperial in JP wishtown more for just golf views in the same tower with all same facilities except GC views

Please take this in good spirit . I have nothing against any project .

Re : Golf Course View Properties

Originally posted by amit234 View Post
    Recently there has been a huge Craze for golf course property specially on this forum .So have some questions for which I would like the honorable members to answer

4) Is one balcony enough for a flat be it GC facing or not e.g 2105 unit in orchard

5) Do you prefer a good internal park within your society or just the golf view with no parks for children to play .

6) Is only GC views enough or one should take golf course membership in case opting for GC facing property

7) Is is good to pay 1000-1500 in case of Imperial in JP wishtown more for just golf views in the same tower with all same facilities except GC views

A golf course is nothing but a glorified park with holes in it

In a park you can atleast walk safely - here you need to walk with a helmet

Ultimately I have to live IN the flat, not in the GC, why should I pay extra for a glorified municipal park

Golf balls are like missiles - before you know it, all your windows will be broken and lot of people will get hurt

A home is someplace SAFE where I can walk about without any fear of anything hitting me

These golf courses are marketing stunts, all this will be covered by new launches

A golf course is just something where the villagers will come and graze their cows

Only the rich can afford this - its like a supermodel you can only see but not touch

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited November 17 2012, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dineshsays View Post
      A golf course is nothing but a glorified park with holes in it

In a park you can atleast walk safely - here you need to walk with a helmet

Ultimately I have to live IN the flat, not in the GC, why should I pay extra for a glorified municipal park

Golf balls are like missiles - before you know it, all your windows will be broken and lot of people will get hurt

A home is someplace SAFE where I can walk about without any fear of anything hitting me

These golf courses are marketing stunts, all this will be covered by new launches

A golf course is just something where the villagers will come and graze their cows

Only the rich can afford this - its like a supermodel you can only see but not touch

Sir u r taking it wrong ...dont expect this from u atleast ..let have a healthy debate .....due diligence is very important rather than being carried away by the name GOLF COURSE

Comment

Sir u r taking it wrong ...dont expect this from u atleast ..let have a healthy debate .....due diligence is very important rather than being carried away by the name GOLF COURSE
        I'm just quoting some replies I have seen on the forum till date.

Dekho yaar, why do we pay more for something. Is it just the obvious outside value?

Is iphone 5 25 times better than the cheapest handset. Can I make 25 times better call in an iPhone than the 2k handset.

Should a Rolls Royce cost 150 times as much as a Nano. Can I go from point A to B 150 times faster or in 150 times more comfort

Should rates in Lutyens Delhi be 10 times more than the best sectors in Noida. Will I sleep 10 times more soundly in Lutyens Delhi

Why are you ok if your son plays cricket but scold him if he plays marbles. Why does he not play kabbadi and gilli danda

Why are people ok to pay 4 times in a first class seat compared to economy - I get the additional comfort but the seats arent 4 times bigger?

Why aspire to buy an Omega watch. Will it really tell better time than a Titan watch

Why should we pay twice as much to live in GOLF CENTRIC properties.

The answer to all if these questions is not because of intrinsic value but a heightened sense of social status. Yes there is value but its not the main reason

Do these sound like Ameeron ke shownk - well ask your domestic help he will say how extravagant a lifestyle YOU have with your 3 pairs of shoes and 5 trousers and 10 shirts. Its ALL about where you are and how you percieve things in the social ladder

What is BASIC and REQUIRED to you may be the PITS for others and vice versa

As you keep getting up the social ladder, life is not a numerical game where we add up two sides of the equation - we strive and we aspire. To some this simply means a bigger place and more clothes, to others it means standing out from the crowd, being associated with something exclusive.

Golf living is just not about having a balcony and staring into a golf course. Its about belonging to a select club, being associated with a better gentry, getting access to low density living and larger floor areas with premium specs

If you can appreciate this FIRST - I believe some of your questions might change. Only if you buy into the idea in the first place will you appreciate what this (GC living) stands for

Else if you take a strictly practical approach - then you will be unable to get a reply which makes sense

I've seen lot of the people asking the questions I put up earlier

Last edited November 17 2012, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Amit234, I think DineshSays has only responded to your questions.

What's aspirational for some, is khatte angoor for others. What's khatte angoor for some, is wastage of money for others. Whats wastage of money for others is investment for some. What's a golf course for some of the golfer's, its just another way to have a green belt.

The difference in pricing is justified to someone who appreciates greenery that would be manicured and kept with utmost maintenance (hopefully), without the noise and activity of a community park.

Get a higher floor to avoid mosquitoes and other flying creatures, and ofcourse the golf balls.

Comment

Awesome reply dinesh bhai..
            Amit GC view properties are exclusive... Even if you have 20 crores u cNt construct a GC outside your Lotus 300... But with 1 crore you can make your Orchards unit a five star hotel suit with a Golf view...

Comment

My 2 cents inline with the q's you have raised.

No, I guess not....from an end-use perspective flat lay-out is paramount. However, i believe from an investment perspective/rental perspective golf-view becomes more important than flat-layout.

See, this q in the context we are talking is not exactly very relevant. If staying in the flat Vs views (i.e time spent on balcony) was the moot point, then sea - view properties in Mumbai wouldn't ever enjoy the kind of premiums they enjoy.

Similarly, it could be argued that since I have stay inside the flat why stay, say in Jor Bagh or Maharani Bagh or Sainik Farms, and instead stay in Dilshad Garden (no offence to either location )

Idea is, a GC view gives you access to a a life style, an image - more intangibles than tangible benefits....but then you will have to choose how important the intangibles are for you.

Very relevant q....again - if you are a pure investor - potential appreciation matters - you don't give a damn to sunlight or moonlight. But, if you are an end-user, then a call can be taken.

For instance, I know a lot of people who would rather be closeted in their rooms barricaded with thick curtains than enjoy the sunlight....they are gonna think very differently than some who value the natural light.

Again a q of personal choices.

I have a 2015 unit. Honestly, I am deeply unhappy about the single balcony. I would have loved to have more balcony's with one on the back side.

But then wishes aren't horses.....and you have to make do with some compromises.

But, I agree with you on the point - 2100sqft ka flat aur sirf ek balcony...ghor anyay hai !!

On this, as you have posed....i would choose internal park for kids than GC view with no parks.

Pl note, I am deeply taken in by the GC views but if it comes to make a choice between a park to play Vs no playground, i guess the park wins.

Well, well, if one has the monies, one should take GC membership whether staying in GC or non GC membership.

Without any doubt.......Ain't GC views the USP of the Imperials & Kalypsos or for that matter any GC property.

I would say that better to go for Orchards GC view than Imperial non GC.

Comment

Originally posted by locopoco View Post
                My 2 cents inline with the q's you have raised.
                Awesome reply ....This is what I was expecting

Again I REITERATE that I am not bashing GC properties or their rates but I certainly value some critical things from end use perspective

1) LAyout and openess of flat is very important .Sunlight is a very impoitant factor scientifically as well

2) Recreational open area for children/elderly is must even if you have GC view or not

Comment

Golf course of jaypee is surrounded by concrete jungle on all sides.

For a better view; at least they should have kept one side open.

Noida builders are selling concrete jungles view as golf course view

Comment

Dinesh, Your answers hold true "for overseas Golf properties" not the one which we discuss specifically Jaypee Noida. No doubt it is one of the betters, and we dont have choices...but its not good to hype it like you are doing: Few things which I would like to share with you is:

1) Jaypee Golf Noida is the one of the highest density Golf property. Even Golf Area of 18hole+9 hole totalling 170 acres approx would be used up against FAR. So, people living there would have to sacrifice their "internal society greens" to Golf area which they wont use. To explain, 10 acre of any other apartment would have atleast 5 acres of Internal park verses "not more than 1 acre" of internal park in Jaypee. Rest 4 acres would be used up by Golf course. And quote from JP employee "we will not let even 1 inch unused of FAR, and no builder wouild do that".
                    Which is more important: Looking at Golf course from balcony daily or take a stroll at yr park ? U decide !

2) Other good properties like Lotus300, Edifice, and many others have better amenities for kids and parents as compared to Jaypee Golf properties. Kids wont play with other kids in golf course. They need play areas, parks, etc etc. These facilities are less in JP when compared. And there are no boundaries ( this is must for parents with small kids).

3) Regarding your relation to Gentry with price: Parparganj/Mayur Vihar flats are > Rs10K, even costlier than Jaypee Golf..So you mean Gentry in these places is even better?? Is family Moral values directly propotional to richness ??

Two very great advantages gold properties give because of which they are sold at premium are:
                    1) Extreme privacy. Very low # of residences /towers , and virtually its only you.
                    2) Huge green patches of Golf all around.
                    Now come to Dinesh's Kalyapso court analysis. No doubt you can see wide upto 1KM in particular direction, but that just a small angle. But he never discussed , you can virtually overlook each and every balcony of other towers. Eyes see atleast 180 degrees without moving yr neck. And many flirty eyes even 270. Where is the privacy?

And just look at the JP golf course in real as well as in wikimapia. ? 3 small long green strips surrounded by towers and towers and towers. In total, 150++ towers would emerge out of this gof course when it would be complete( 15yrs from now).

And status comes into limited edition things, not for bulk luxary.

In nutshell, Jaypee Noida Golf doesnot give those advantages of actual golf property.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X