Hi Guys,

I was wondering why Gurgaon property is expensive than Noida. Despite considering following facts supports noida.

1. Infrastructure
2. Connectivity : Metro + DTC Buses
3. Good IT Companies.

Is this just because of UP tag. or Noida will get some boom in coming years as big players like Jaypee has invested a lot.
Read more
70 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • sorry for mistake

plot price almost 2 time in noida as compare to GGN

noida sec 15/A rate is min 3L to 4L meter, sec 44 min 3L to 4L meter

and in DLF most Posh area rate is 1.5L to 2L yard

in noida in sec 12(very very avg sec) avg rate are 1.25L meter
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TopServ
    Hi Guys,

I was wondering why Gurgaon property is expensive than Noida. Despite considering following facts supports noida.

1. Infrastructure
    2. Connectivity : Metro + DTC Buses
    3. Good IT Companies.

Is this just because of UP tag. or Noida will get some boom in coming years as big players like Jaypee has invested a lot.

One big but simple reason - core Gurgaon is merely half the size in SQ KM compared to Noida and most of it sold-out during the low-density era.

By core, I mean from Ambience to Sec 77 and Sec 1xx to Sushant Lok III.

On the flipside, I like to think of Noida as the capital of Brazil... UP is that size in many respects - including the lawlessness :-)

-v
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon is sour grapes for Noida people

They too know that even with all problems, Gurgaon was,is and will remain superior to noida anyday

Noida is U.P-Gundaraj, unsafe

Gunde locals and total lawlessness, you can find every road with people driving in opposite direction, Daily people dying on expressway.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by united70
    Gurgaon is sour grapes for Noida people

They too know that even with all problems, Gurgaon was,is and will remain superior to noida anyday

Gunde locals and total lawlessness, you can find every road with people driving in opposite direction, Daily people dying on expressway.

Sour grapes?

people are discussing why rates of Noida are lower. Citing +ves of Gurgaon. Where is the case of sour grapes?

Your opinion is highly biased. Both Noida and Gurgaon suffer from "lawlessness", " driving in opposite direction", "Daily people dying".

Many people here (including me) have stayed in both cities, and can stand by what I have said.
    CommentQuote

Boss nobody is saying Gurgaon is inferior than Noida. We all know Gurgaon is above Noida atleast in terms of property price.

But in lawlessness also,Gurgaon would score higher than Noida. That is for sure.
    I am living in Gurgaon since last 3 years and was in Noida for 4 years prior to that.I feel Noida safer than Gurgaon any day. Atleast you will find public transport,street lights in Noida.My POV only.
    CommentQuote
  • To me, it is the govt which has played key role in development (or rather mis development) of Noida. Govts have been changed on alternate elections and each government has made sure that policies of earlier govt are srew** up without caring for impact on the region. E.g. Ambanis were allotted land during SP regime and BSP overruled all that...
    Where as I believe GGN has lesser problems on this front.

As per few of my friends in Chennai, though there were changes in govt, but at least govt did not pose issues for industry....

Had BSP/SP kept a long term view of Noida/GNoida in terms of development of the region, Noida would have been even better than it is today....
    CommentQuote
  • If one looks at the ecosystem of both these places, answer would emerge out of it. Noida an acronym for New Okhla Industrial development area was setup to facilitate the growth of small scale industries that were finding hard to get land in Delhi. With courts decision to ban all the industries from delhi, Noida came out as the viable alternative for the industries here.

In terms of the economic value added by these industries ,these were just a notch above the ancillary units of Faridabad. Faridabad till date is stuck with the same ecosystem as it was 30to 20 years ago hence it is still far behind then both gurgaon and noida.

But due to effective planning and good administration of Noida development authorities, basic infr conducive for the growth of manufacturing units was set up in Noida. This led to sudden rush of many Mnc and Indian companies setting up their manufacturing base in Noida. For these units to be cost competitive, it was pertinent the Eco system to support it with abundant supply of cheap labour And for cheap labour to sustain low cost of living was must. 
    Hence NOida for years enjoyed low cost of living and which led to growth of lower middle class there. There were also few sectors like 15 a and others which became a habitat for bussinessman running the factories here or the businessman from south Delhi for want of big house at one fourth the price of south Delhi shifted there. That's why today one can see two extreme sides of gentry in Noida. But largely the ecosystem and the gentry there kis of lower middle class or lower income group.
    This is also one of the reason why even the govt promoted low cost housing and by increasing the FAR, giving the option to builder to pay the land cost in 10 years thus reducing the cost of construction and ownership by a huge margin.
    Together with the job opportunities with low income possibility, Eco system conducive for low cost manufacturing or service sector, NOida would always be an economical alternative to Delhi or GUrgaon.

Most of the positives of gurgaon have already been mentioned hence won't disc us in detail but would certainly like to highlight one big point which has lead to such high prices in gurgaon. 
    Contrary to Noida where govt acquires land for builder, gives higher FAR and gives a 10 year EMI plan to pay for the land, in gurgaon, land has to be acquired by builder directly from farmer and there is no concept of paying in 10 years. It's outright purchase. This has made the acquisition cost mNy times higher then NOida and hen d higher price.
    Lastly about the ecosystem, well gurgaon was supposed to be the low cost bAck office solution for most of the Mnc but the pace of growth of the back office Lso caught Attention of many Mnc to shift their Corporate office to gurgaon due to proximity to airport,lower rentals etc and thus creating a ecosystem of knowledge based industry. It started with GE but later pepsi, nestle, Ericsson, and later more than 500 Mnc setting up their base in gurgaon.
    When you look at gurgaon today, this momentum is difficult to get reversed. With Fdi in retail getting through and many more Mnc waiting to enter India, gurgaon is their first port of call.

Another big catalyst for the growth of gurgaon is slow decay of Mumbai . This city was the darling of Mnc 10 years back especially in BFSI segment. But due to deteriorating commercial and social infra in the city, no Mnc want to go and set up it's base there. Infect one won't be surprised in future to see many companies shifting their base to gurgaon for want of better ecosystem.

I have tired to put forth my points purely on the basis of factual info and with my understanding of the reason. By no means there is N attempt to favor one region over the other or show one off the city in low esteem. 
    My apologies in advance in case if this post hurts someone.

RA
    CommentQuote
  • A lot of the views are correct, the following is my assessment:

1. Noida was always bought up as a middle class, though low rise bungalow/plot centric development (as an Industrial suberb, with no real industries - even till date). Very low rise always. This as a settlement was a start from scratch dwelling/industrial hub in the late 70s
    2. Gurgaon was a much older place, a village-city of sorts, a small hamlet some distance from Palam airport and the first sort of landmark on route to Jaipur
    3. Noida was principally setup by its more active government authority (NA) and Gurgaon was given into private hands like DLF and Unitech
    4. A lot of Delhi people moved initially into Noida and the NA sectors filled in quite rapidly with bungalows. While there were a few industrial sectors - most people relied on Delhi as an employment destination.
    5. Gurgaon being with the builders was MUCH more responsive to the demand of the industry and apartments etc started flourishing which attracted the IT crowd - which in anycase had the advantage of the airport
    6. So you had a point where Noida people were happy in their bungalows and Gurgaon's new age techies and similar service people were happy in their high rises and apartments
    7. This followed by some cross overs with Noida welcoming apartments in 5x, then 7x, then 10x, expressway - BUT, Mayawati etc went overboard. With greed came additional FAR and high density. So you had a situation where the plots remained very popular while the flats were looked at as a lower cost destination.
    8. Gurgaon however retained a lower FAR and there the apartments were rarer (as the core size of Gurgaon remained smaller than Noida) and the people who could afford those - rose rapidly as Gurgaon became a national power in terms of IT and ITES. The plot market in Gurgaon was on the whole nascent and the demand was high without being MASSIVE - it being a largely service oriented market

What we should continue to keep noting is the obvious notion of MOMENTUM - Noida plots retained the momentum as they were fully occupied, largely owned by Delhi going businessmen and generally well to do people - AND in high demand (talking of core sectors)

I believe BMW and others just allowed the apartments etc to be made a hash off - massive density, huge FAR etc AND huge supply. Add to that all the negative news that keeps people on their toes for all the wrong reasons.

Gurgaon retained and extended the Momentum in the apartment scene - with exploding growth in the services sector, more control of the builders, less supply, more demand and geographically a smaller area - AND being more predictable delivery (no real issue leading to bad sentiments like NE). Then recent phenomenon like NH8 converted to an expressway and T3 becoming world class have helped. The rapid metro is also a step in the right direction.

Its difficult to predict the future - as a town - Noida is FAR better in terms of planning and execution - Gurgaon seems to have greater resolve to grow.

I feel that Noida will retain its advantage in plots - while Gurgaon (though seeming inflated) will build on its advantage in apartments - the sheer Supply side mismatch in Noida will really put a kerb on any outperformance. Yes - I do believe that the luxury apartment segment in Noida is in short supply and at a massive discount to Gurgaon - may see pockets of outperformance there.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    A lot of the views are correct, the following is my assessment:

Yes - I do believe that the luxury apartment segment in Noida is in short supply and at a massive discount to Gurgaon - may see pockets of outperformance there.

Bang on....thats the only safe pockets in Noida flat class
    CommentQuote
  • Noida is not just about small industries. Armed forces and public sector has made lot of contribution to Noida.

It is during the Rajiv Gandhi regime that many public sector units were asked to shift their office from Delhi to Noida. Big companies like NTPC, BHEL, ONGC, IOC etc shifted their base to Noida during that period.

The whole of sector 62/61 and part of sector 50 is occupied by public sector officials. Sector 26,29 etc are mostly armed forces personnel. Employees in these organisation are from all parts of India and highly educated. Their children are now moving to IT field.

Many of the big private engg comapnies do lot of business with public sector companies and they have shifted/planning to shift to Noida. Alstom , BGR etc are few examples. So as Noida develops there is no dearth of companies who are ready to shift to Noida as most of the MNCs are on rent and can shift their base very quickly.

Most of the original sector 15 A allotees were govt officials.
    CommentQuote
  • Actually noida prices are higher than gurgaon in plots and in lig mig flats.

For low specification bare flats noida price is higher. Dont compare high specification ggn flats because none of the noida flats are even available in such high specification 3xcept jp which is the only segment which is cheaper.

Similarly the low specification lig mig flat is not available at all in ggn.

Apples and oranges
    CommentQuote

Ive been living in Gurgaon since the last 10 years. The villagers are rouges & the cops are corrupt to the core. If you are unlucky Gurgaon can get as lawless as the baddest of badlands of UP.

If anybody preaches about safety & low crime in Gurgaon I guess they don't know the complete picture yet.
    CommentQuote
  • In the recent National Industrial meet that happened i think in Gurgaon (not very sure), Industry minister from UP was also present.

All the leading industrialists present agreed to the concept of Noida, its infra & its closeness to delhi. They were impressed with the infra progress & future infra projections for Noida.

But in last, minister was asked "What can the govt do to ensure that the policies doesn;t change with the change in state Govt in UP?

The UP minister was obviously answer-less.

And there lies the answer why Gurgaon is ahead of Noida.

(Note: this was a news in newspapres few days back. )
    CommentQuote
  • Excellent thread would request this thread to be made an sticky. So that people investing in Noida can see all the pro's and con's in one place.
    CommentQuote
  • a few points from my side....

GGn is ahead of noida because of

1 Haryana-Up factor
    2 more MNC's
    3 Big real estate players
    4 Aiport
    5 Inclination of south delhi people towards ggn.

3-4 years back the way noida infra was improving ..i was thinking noida will match to noida in coming years 7-8 years....
    but alas...the haryana-UP factor comes in the picture and spoil every thing for Noida.....maya's greed has spoiled noida chances big time.....

FAR is now the major factor which will keep Noida always on 40% discount of ggn in apartment segmment....

Till 2 year back i was quite optimistic on noida...but now..look at Amrapali saphire & 3C's lotus boulevard....they are so highly dense..it scares me...who will live there..obiously people will live there...because every pocket has a limit.....but seriously..coming don 4 years..things will be scary in Noida...

High rise is ok..but towers are so close by ..it doesnot make sense to me...

In ggn some undersonstruction..socities(having 50 flats per acres) are trading at 7K per sqft...and one in Noida having 150 flats per acres trading at 5.5 per sqft..location( sohna road & Noida exway) and builder(3c's & unitech) is gud for both the socities.....

which socity is at discount...i guess GGN is still cheaper then Noida..or Noida rates are inflated....
    CommentQuote