Hi Guys,

I was wondering why Gurgaon property is expensive than Noida. Despite considering following facts supports noida.

1. Infrastructure
2. Connectivity : Metro + DTC Buses
3. Good IT Companies.

Is this just because of UP tag. or Noida will get some boom in coming years as big players like Jaypee has invested a lot.
Read more
70 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I would like to add few of my observation by considering all the valuable inputs from you guys.

Its true at present GGN commands more in real estate. One reason behind this is DLF. Ofcourse backed by congress govt. But whatever govt will come there their policy will remain same.

Now come to Noida.. Its true earlier SP govt had some hate for noida. But this won't work now and they also understand this. If you have seen in last 7-8 months. Development work goes on as usual infact. Reason behind this is JayPee group counterpart of DLF in noida. Some how I feel JayPee is not the leveraged company and the kind of infrastructure has developed on expressway is amazing whether is Jaypee Greens or Companies coming on Expressway.

So, I personally feel at least in 5 years Noida and GGN prices will be same and in long run this will beat GGN. UP tag and all won't work since its business driven economy.

But one major blot on noida map is mushroomed joker builders.. Don't want to name you all know..

Rest I feel noida will rock.. my POV :-)
    CommentQuote
  • FAR is important but not many consider it becasue there are many other factors, I even see more opportunity to make profit by investing in NOIDA ( as prices are affordable in comparison to GGN). All NCR would be at par in next 5 years and those who haven't seen jams in Gurgaon , might need to visit the main MG road in peak office hours.
    CommentQuote
  • Airport

in old time people used to live near rivers, for transportation through boats. Then people lived near expressway for transport through road, then near airports for transport through air.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by uppalsan
    in old time people used to live near rivers, for transportation through boats. Then people lived near expressway for transport through road, then near airports for transport through air.

The our greed increased...we starting living near airport+expressway e.g NH-8
    expressway+river e.g noida expressway....
    Now looking for a place which has airport+expressway+river.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Masque
    The our greed increased...we starting living near airport+expressway e.g NH-8
    expressway+river e.g noida expressway....
    Now looking for a place which has airport+expressway+river.

airport+expressway+river -----
    So called Proposed Airport at Mathura/Agra belt fits in....

Yamuna Airport +Yamuna Expressway + Yamuna River:bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • Why a city A is more posh/expensive than city B is very complex phenomena. I see people trying to explain the "posh-ness" of city in term of logical arguments. It is more or emotional/sociological phenomena instead of rational one. Consider the following arguments which do not really cuts much ice.

1) GGN is expensive beacuse it is close to airport. really? This thing hardly matters as Noida is also within 50 KMs of airport. Having been lived in bangalore, I could vouch that airport is more distant there in comparison to Noida. Surely this has not made any effect to its Silicon Valley tag.

2) Infrastructure. really? Infrastructure also has little effect on how costly a city is. In terms of infrastructure GN>Noida>GGN>Bangalore>Mumbai. However the companies are attracted to city in reverse order.

Now the thing that really matters is emotional and social reason which could be difficult to explain.

1) First mover advantage is almost impeccable theory. New york, London, Tokyo etc will always have same pull, because they have a long history and base no maters how much congested it becomes. Mumbai goes back very long has some culture and is not going to fade away...period. We people have kind of herd mentality and posh-ness has kind od cascading effect on perception.

2) Posh-ness of city depends massively upon the kind of companies they attract. Noida mostly has low paying IT companies. It needs companies like Mckc, BCG, Delloite, E&Y, PWC, Google, Yahoo, Amazon type to create any kind of buzz. These are companies, whose business is not overwhelmingly driven by cost cutting in term of real estate and rentals. GGN has very good avenues for top shot MBA types. Even for very good techie, GGN has better options as it is home to many of upcoming eCommerce, travel tech start ups.

Noida vs GGN is UP vs Haryana. This is a main reason and I believe it will continue to remain so. I don't see Noida catching upto GGN in future.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pankaj4ublue
    Why a city A is more posh/expensive than city B is very complex phenomena. I see people trying to explain the "posh-ness" of city in term of logical arguments. It is more or emotional/sociological phenomena instead of rational one. Consider the following arguments which do not really cuts much ice.

1) GGN is expensive beacuse it is close to airport. really? This thing hardly matters as Noida is also within 50 KMs of airport. Having been lived in bangalore, I could vouch that airport is more distant there in comparison to Noida. Surely this has not made any effect to its Silicon Valley tag.

2) Infrastructure. really? Infrastructure also has little effect on how costly a city is. In terms of infrastructure GN>Noida>GGN>Bangalore>Mumbai. However the companies are attracted to city in reverse order.

Now the thing that really matters is emotional and social reason which could be difficult to explain.

1) First mover advantage is almost impeccable theory. New york, London, Tokyo etc will always have same pull, because they have a long history and base no maters how much congested it becomes. Mumbai goes back very long has some culture and is not going to fade away...period. We people have kind of herd mentality and posh-ness has kind od cascading effect on perception.

2) Posh-ness of city depends massively upon the kind of companies they attract. Noida mostly has low paying IT companies. It needs companies like Mckc, BCG, Delloite, E&Y, PWC, Google, Yahoo, Amazon type to create any kind of buzz. These are companies, whose business is not overwhelmingly driven by cost cutting in term of real estate and rentals. GGN has very good avenues for top shot MBA types. Even for very good techie, GGN has better options as it is home to many of upcoming eCommerce, travel tech start ups.

Noida vs GGN is UP vs Haryana. This is a main reason and I believe it will continue to remain so. I don't see Noida catching upto GGN in future.

Must say that after a long time seeing some matured and sensible post.

Kurla is a slum, the nearest posh area of Mumbai airport can be Juhu and there are tons of similar example. Airport does not matter for most of the people. We have not yet come to that age of aerotropolis!! India is still planning for 2 aerotropolis ... if you hear the location then you might fall-off from your chair!! ... Ludhiana and Durgapur!!

Why some area is posh and why some areas are not is a complex and debatable topic ... same like why Fa.cebook is so popular?

UP probably is a factor, DLF or Jamairaja might be a factor but these are all "hole in swiss cheese"

Anyway, logical discussion mein maza nehin hain!! So lets add Ponty angle!!

Why GGN is ahead of Noida? Look at this

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pankaj4ublue
    Why a city A is more posh/expensive than city B is very complex phenomena. I see people trying to explain the "posh-ness" of city in term of logical arguments. It is more or emotional/sociological phenomena instead of rational one. Consider the following arguments which do not really cuts much ice.

agree to some extent, but IT company wise, Noida has much much better base in Adobe and Oracle, two high paying well known companies in NCR.
    CommentQuote
  • Jobs? How many MNCs operate from south and new delhi ? They are poshest areas with probably no jobs Its the profile of people living in the area which attract similar class Gurgaon earliest settlers were south delhi class people and builders there made similar high class societies Noida had middle class settlers and even now builders are making middle class societies, probably worse than before U.P is Gunda state and will remain, till both SP and BSP are finished, thats impossible as of now As i said, its a case of ''sour grapes'' Gurgaon is expensive because it has class. Class is always expensive
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by united70
    Jobs? How many MNCs operate from south and new delhi ? They are poshest areas with probably no jobs Its the profile of people living in the area which attract similar class Gurgaon earliest settlers were south delhi class people and builders there made similar high class societies Noida had middle class settlers and even now builders are making middle class societies, probably worse than before U.P is Gunda state and will remain, till both SP and BSP are finished, thats impossible as of now As i said, its a case of ''sour grapes'' Gurgaon is expensive because it has class. Class is always expensive

jobs may not be the only thing that matters but they do matter A LOT..CEOs of Noida companies are not going to settle in Gurgaon bcz of so called class...and what exactly u mean by builders making middle class societies in Noida, u think 9-10 cr Mist bungalows or Jaypee wishtown golf facing apartments are for middle class?

off course buisness men earn much more than salaried ppl, and mumbai and delhi r business capitals of india, that's y dey have d most expensive real estate
    CommentQuote
  • The main reason why under construction properties are cheaper in Noida is because the builders have got land at much cheaper rates as compared to Gurgaon builders under the BMW Ten year payment plan . The same is reflected in JP projects also as land is free and they cannot sell more than the market rates.

Wave city center land has been purchased on cash down payment and therefore rates are much higher without any significant change in the specification.

As availability of cheap land in Noida decreases new projects will be launched at much higher prices like Prateek Edifice.

So people who have bought in Noida should thank BMW for the current low rates.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by united70
    Jobs? How many MNCs operate from south and new delhi ? They are poshest areas with probably no jobs Its the profile of people living in the area which attract similar class Gurgaon earliest settlers were south delhi class people and builders there made similar high class societies Noida had middle class settlers and even now builders are making middle class societies, probably worse than before U.P is Gunda state and will remain, till both SP and BSP are finished, thats impossible as of now As i said, its a case of ''sour grapes'' Gurgaon is expensive because it has class. Class is always expensive

Now I really doubt if you know the meaning of "sour grapes".
    CommentQuote
  • here are some of points as per my understanding

1. Noida In UP that is major factor. Due to bad image of Govt people don't want to opt noida and gaziabad as 1st option.
    2. People form haryana, punjab, rajasthan etc prefer GGN is closer to native place.
    3. Noida is based on single Industry that is IT . But GGN have other industries also apart from IT
    4. I am not sure but I think FAR is low in GGN that's also a factor for high price.
    5. Land price is also high in GGN
    6. DLF is also major factor, they did early marketing/publicity of GGN. ( i mean DLF constructed good infrastructure to attract buyers). So ggn RE was promoted more earlier than noida.

It's my POV :)

May be someone has differ POV
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajsgnr

5. Land price is also high in GGN

Really?
    CommentQuote
  • I don't think GGN Vs Noida is actually UP Vs Haryana.. If that logic goes Faridabad, Bahadurgarh would have been fetching more premium than Noida..

But the fact is area like indirapuram is fetching more premium than faridabad .. just forgot bahadurgarh :-)
    CommentQuote