Hi Guys,

I was wondering why Gurgaon property is expensive than Noida. Despite considering following facts supports noida.

1. Infrastructure
2. Connectivity : Metro + DTC Buses
3. Good IT Companies.

Is this just because of UP tag. or Noida will get some boom in coming years as big players like Jaypee has invested a lot.
Read more
Reply
70 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Whosoever says Gurgaon's infrastrucure is better than NOIDA's, probably need some reality check.

    I have been staying on the "better" side of Gurgaon for almost 3 years now. If by infrastructure you mean better public transport, good roads, good power supply etc then let me tell you my friend, you're highly mistaken. There is almost nil internal public transport in Gurgaon. (Roads were in poor shape till last month but not sure what "kaya palat" has happened in last 1-2 months, that I am seeing new roads being laid out almost everywhere now. Even the remote village sectors have got good roads but this too has happened in last 1 month.) Again we face 6-7 hrs power cuts in summers and water tankers going to some of the societies is a well known fact.

    I am a software engineer and have stayed in Bangalore for good 5 years. Infrastructure wise Bangalore is no better. There are huge jams during office hours at almost every junction there.
    During my initial years in Bangy, I was intrigued and asked many senior colleagues the reason for the influx of IT companies in Bangy. The #1 reason was always "Good Weather". Red tape, corruption etc in Bangalore is as high as in any other part of North India.

    For Gurgaon, (other than minor reason of proximity to Airport), the reason may be presence of DLF. Almost every big corporate/MNC in India has a head office/branch office in Gurgaon. DLF with help from Govt. may have lobbied hard in the initial years to woo these companies to set offices there. Once you're able to setup a trend, others will follow suit.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ankurj
    Whosoever says Gurgaon's infrastrucure is better than NOIDA's, probably need some reality check.

    I have been staying on the "better" side of Gurgaon for almost 3 years now. If by infrastructure you mean better public transport, good roads, good power supply etc then let me tell you my friend, you're highly mistaken. There is almost nil internal public transport in Gurgaon. (Roads were in poor shape till last month but not sure what "kaya palat" has happened in last 1-2 months, that I am seeing new roads being laid out almost everywhere now. Even the remote village sectors have got good roads but this too has happened in last 1 month.) Again we face 6-7 hrs power cuts in summers and water tankers going to some of the societies is a well known fact.

    I am a software engineer and have stayed in Bangalore for good 5 years. Infrastructure wise Bangalore is no better. There are huge jams during office hours at almost every junction there.
    During my initial years in Bangy, I was intrigued and asked many senior colleagues the reason for the influx of IT companies in Bangy. The #1 reason was always "Good Weather". Red tape, corruption etc in Bangalore is as high as in any other part of North India.

    For Gurgaon, (other than minor reason of proximity to Airport), the reason may be presence of DLF. Almost every big corporate/MNC in India has a head office/branch office in Gurgaon. DLF with help from Govt. may have lobbied hard in the initial years to woo these companies to set offices there. Once you're able to setup a trend, others will follow suit.

    yeah I have seen those new laid roads where there is not even demarcation ... but still no proper footpath, no road light, no proper signage, no foot over bridges, no bus stops... hell..
    infra ke naam par kuch bhi nahi hai..
    Bus stand huh... so dirty.. even Village bus stand is better..
    CommentQuote
  • FAR is another "official" reason why GGN is expensive than NOIDA Check this article - Increase in Floor Area Ratio can make housing affordable: Mayor - Times Of India
    CommentQuote
  • I think after 5-10 years Noida will be in a better position purely because of Infrastructure.

    But if the focus of Gov. would shift to Delhi- mumbai Industrial corridor then Gurgaon would go ahead than Noida.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    But plot prices in Noida are equal to or more than those in Gurgaon!


    What sort of price range can someone buy residential plots ranging from 250-500 sqyard in Gurgaon ?

    Any ideas ??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ypankaj
    I think after 5-10 years Noida will be in a better position purely because of Infrastructure.

    But if the focus of Gov. would shift to Delhi- mumbai Industrial corridor then Gurgaon would go ahead than Noida.




    I am forced to agree your post.=== Logically.
    CommentQuote
  • Most area in GGN rate are not more then 2 L yard (DLF plots)
    Most area in Noida rate are more then 4 L Meter (Sec 15 A)

    and minimum rate in GGN is 50K to 60K Meter(Undeveloped sector)
    and minimum rate in noida is 1 L Meter(Undeveloped sector)




    Originally Posted by sjoshi
    What sort of price range can someone buy residential plots ranging from 250-500 sqyard in Gurgaon ?

    Any ideas ??
    CommentQuote
  • Is Noida effectively expensive than Gurgaon

    Hi Friends,

    Noida expressway is the region which I am considering in comparison to new Gurgaon locations (8x, 9x, 1xx).

    If you see the average selling prices are nearly same between 4000 psf to 5000 psf. But there is a fundamental difference of density, in Noida expressway region the FAR is around 2.75 - 3.5, while in Gurgaon it is only 1.5

    Now keeping this factor in mind, is not noida really expensive then Gurgaon? for example a project of 3.5 acres in noida contains nearly 450 flats while a project of 7.8 acres in Gurgaon contains 480 flats.

    Keeping this in mind which particular area would you still suggest to buy for a mixed usage (end use but should be generating good return if required to sell in future).

    Regards,
    Anuj
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon V/S Noida is a never ending debate

    Gurgaon carries a premium because of proximity to the airport and a being better commercial hub. Its a much mature market now as the growth story started earlier. It has been positioned in a way where it appears to be more upmarket . Property prices have zoomed to very different levels altogether . So is the impression that Gurgaon is very expensive.... May be the recent slowdown can bring in some sanity to the thought process.

    On infra Noida is way ahead. Better roads etc.. More so with recent developments Noida may even extend that lead.

    My take on Law and order is almost the same at both the places.

    Wonder how Delhi scores in comparison?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Cookie
    For example Sector 137 on expressway coming out very good as compare to Gurgaon New sectors. Occupancy level tells this.


    Which project you suggest to buy for end use?

    I have seen paras & vivante and found room size is very small & construction quality is just avg.
    CommentQuote