Collapse

Opportunities in Noida at the 2CR level

Last updated: December 12 2012
50 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Opportunities in Noida at the 2CR level

thanks for your opinion iMohak. Actually, I have family support in UP which makes it considerably easier for me to do this. I agree Gurgaon has many more opportunities, but if I want to go to the premium segment then GGN is priced out for me.

My investment strategy is targeted around the premium class - since Noida has less of those, I really want to invest in that segment since I believe Noida will be growing a lot more as a multinational business destination. Secondly, since I have family in this area, I dont mind making this my own house option as a last fallback - which means (as I mentioned previously), I need to really target the "gentry".

Lotus 300 is looking very attractive, but I think it is going to be sold out before I invest.

About the loan part - I only have my salary earned money. This is my first RE investment - I have no cash investments.

Originally posted by iMohak View Post
    In favour of Gurgaon:
    - More choices for a 2cr budget
    - More appetite of buyers for 2cr budget
    - Higher chances of getting an all white apartment deal - in resale
    - Better suited if you are looking at only one purchase
    - *may perform better in the VERY long run, but in the medium term I may stick my neck out and say Noida may deliver similar returns as gurgaon, or maybe better on smaller budgets for u/c properties.

About Noida:
    - If you plan to pick up 2 or maybe even stretch to three properties, noida works good
    - L300 - I am openly biased, but not invested. Stay away from Edifice etc if this is the ONLY RE in your investment portfolio.
    - Jaypee is a good option looking at your time horizon. 7-8 years will provide maximum returns with wishtown more closer to completion than in 3-4 years.
    - Unitech Amber/Burgundy - again depends on your end use/risk appetite etc., but I will not discount it - in terms of location, gentry, brand (conditions apply ofcourse), it would be an iconic project for Unitech and Noida in the long run.

Etc:
    - What you haven't mentioned is whether this has any end use, or only investment, and your risk appetite.
    - Pure investment for 2 crores when 80% is leveraged doesn't sound too good to me - but I am a non-loan type of guy

Comment

Originally posted by vnwarrior View Post
      @dineshsays - thank you so much ! I really appreciate your help. I have one question - from what I have understood about Lotus 300 is that it is really premium living ( I see that Lotus 300 has the biggest apartment areas among all the other ).

One of the philosophies I am having with this investment is that if the market goes down (in the 4 year outlook that I have), then I should be comfortable hanging onto it for many more years. If that is so, then I would like to buy a place that is has the (forgive me for putting it this way) CEO feel to it.

I'm assuming Lotus 300 has that about it - even in terms of "gentry". Will you classify any of the other projects in the same way ?

hard to say - L 300 does have bigger units but Jaypee etc has the best apartments (some are over 5000 sq ft as well), townhomes, golf courses in Noida. UGCC is superb as well.

I think you will hv good gentry.

CEO types in luxury apartments - u will get more in ggn. Though at 2 CRs - you'll get a normal 3BHK at GC road. Hardly the budget of CEOs these days

Comment

Originally posted by VedKapoor View Post
        If can wait for 3 years, even a nose unit in Orchards is worth considering. Payments would also be somewhat leverage friendly. But, then, there will be some colored component...roughly around 25-35 Lacs, depending on the login price.
        unfortunately no possibility of colored component for me
        I need to look at all white.... Thanks for the suggestion though.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieRaand
          agar naam se character jhalakta, toe fritolay abhi tak chips khaa khaa kar swarg sidhar gaya hota (or - gayi hoti)!

- Raand
          Very true...if u replace b with L in my name i will become Lobby ... Luckily you choose R instead of G else it wud have been total shock for many...lol
          If thou wilt make a happy man, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires

Comment

unfortunately no possibility of colored component for me
            I need to look at all white.... Thanks for the suggestion though.
            See your point. However, since you mentioned it is your first RE venture...feel like sharing some more thoughts :

1. In RE, some flexibility of colored component, at times may give you a good option, at a given point in time vis-a-vis various investment options available.

2. Nose unit - layout and room sizes are great. As an investment it is great...construction has begun and is likely to take off. As a fall back place to stay, it is quite nice. Rest, it is a matter of personal choice.

In any case, to my mind, it is a great VFM property.

3. Even though you are willing to spend 2 Cr..but you will have a large leveraged portion...now, it is none of my business really...but with Orchards, you will have lower leverage %age...investment size being smaller...around 170 Lacs roughly.

Finally, your call.

best of luck.
            Do unto others as if you were the others.

Comment

If it were my money, I would consider buying 2 properties instead of 1 premium. Property that is in a good location and affordable by market standards would sell quickly and may even give you better returns than the premium one. In my opinion, premium-ness of one property is subjective, especially if something new and better becomes available especially with the aspects such as CLP giving people more time to successfully take the leap.

Ofcourse I can be totally off-base but I am also brand new in RE but I am in the same boat as you, just smaller budget and aiming at end-use.

Comment

@VedKapoor - I tried, but could not find. Do you know if Orchards (esp nose properties) are available in full white ?

thanks!

Originally posted by VedKapoor View Post
                See your point. However, since you mentioned it is your first RE venture...feel like sharing some more thoughts :

1. In RE, some flexibility of colored component, at times may give you a good option, at a given point in time vis-a-vis various investment options available.

2. Nose unit - layout and room sizes are great. As an investment it is great...construction has begun and is likely to take off. As a fall back place to stay, it is quite nice. Rest, it is a matter of personal choice.

In any case, to my mind, it is a great VFM property.

3. Even though you are willing to spend 2 Cr..but you will have a large leveraged portion...now, it is none of my business really...but with Orchards, you will have lower leverage %age...investment size being smaller...around 170 Lacs roughly.

Finally, your call.

best of luck.

Comment

@VedKapoor - I tried, but could not find. Do you know if Orchards (esp nose properties) are available in full white ?

thanks!
                  Sorry, Nose units in the desirable higher floors are available only in resale and hence colored component is a must.
                  Do unto others as if you were the others.

Comment

Originally posted by united70 View Post
                    Interesting Observation! Not to ignore, the Home Loan worth crore+ Even Thinking of Noida with this budget is a crime. Noida is getting worse day by day. I had the oppurtunity to see jaypee wishtown inside out a few days back and it was a complete let down. A complete concrete jungle even the golf course side. And the broker was repeating like a parrot ''its least dense in noida'' If THATS least dense, then what is left in Noida even for a end user ?? People say Crossing Republik is too dense !! I say' just wait another 2-3 years, all noida-gnida new sectors will make CR look like Heaven
                    Do brokers also use service of other brokers ?? I guess they should only. But, even for a real estate guru like Zohaib ?? Maybe only Zohaib/ united can answer this

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X