X
Collapse

Construction Activity In The Neighbourhood Leads To Abnormal Noise Levels

Last updated: January 7 2019
346 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Construction Activity In The Neighbourhood Leads To Abnormal Noise Levels

Lot of people say ats village or emmar palm or pioneer park were great investments. But when launched they were all priced at premium to other cheaper projects. And price conscious middle class did not book but went 200 or 300 rs psf cheaper booking.

I myself have made this mistake 3 times in my life. Just because I am a value investor.

As buffet says value doesnt mean cheap
    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

• Re : Construction Activity In The Neighbourhood Leads To Abnormal Noise Levels

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post

A simple question for all. Just name the project started in 2009 which has been delivered in noida or ggn.

Dont say 3c because phase 1 with less floors was starting construction in q1 2009. And 3c is the best builder of the lot. What even he sold in q4 of 2009 is still not constructed
      Just to answer (not from a JP critic point of view): Prateek Fedora.

I think Supertech 32 pavillion, Mahagun Maple as well fit the criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by leechawla View Post
        I came close to buying an appt in wishtown twice(2010 and 2012) but decided against it :

> In 2010
        I wanted to buy in Jaypee because few of my friends and relatives had bought there. I was getting Kosmos, Klassic, KB at around 3200 BSP but decided to buy a unit in LP at 2900 BSP becuase was not aware about Jaypee GN and was under impression that Jaypee has not delivered anything and will delay a lot.

> In 2012
        Sold the LP unit at 30% higher BSP than the resale value of Kosmos, Klassic, KB. This time I wanted to buy a golf facing unit in Jaypee.
        Friends who hold units in Klassic are extremely unhappy and frustated with the progress and they said these units are very illiquid.
        Still, I wanted to buy in Jaypee because I was super-impressed with Jaypee-GN and WT's golf course.

Orchards and PC were the only options in my budget but I decided against buying there after looking at the quility of PC. Everyone who visits PC has same opinion. This makes me wonder about the quality of Orchards and other non-golf properties. Kalypso/Imperial on the other hand looked too good. Nothing beats that.

To summarize why I stayed away from Jaypee, others may have different opinion :

1) Not sure about liquidity.
        2) It seems rates of Jaypee properties do not move much for first two years(maybe becuase of lack of construction activity or launch price is more than market price).
        3) Lack of transparency. Nobody knows anything about club/other facitlies of PC.
        4) Not sure about quality.
        5) Speed of construction.
        Liquidity is not a valid concern. It is true that jp rates wont move so investors should avoid prelaunches. It is also true that club and other facilities are unknown. It is absolutely true that speed of construction will be an issue. As I said 2015 to 2018 for different launches.

Quality is something I dont know. I would say go for either the cheapest in the township which is kosmos. Or go for the best like pebble.

Everything in between will face the issue something is better elsewhere or its not good enough or cheaper options in others projects were better or that something cheaper within jp is also equally good

To me quality means plumbing without seepage. That is not available anywhere because plumbing technology in india is 100 years outdated
        Last edited December 26 2012, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leechawla View Post
          To summarize why I stayed away from Jaypee, others may have different opinion :

1) Not sure about liquidity.
          2) It seems rates of Jaypee properties do not move much for first two years(maybe becuase of lack of construction activity or launch price is more than market price).
          3) Lack of transparency. Nobody knows anything about club/other facitlies of PC.
          4) Not sure about quality.
          5) Speed of construction.
          I faced the same dilemma in 2010 when chosing my first property, even visited WT to get some insight, it was unorganised and chaotic to say the least, too many projects, too many brokers to deal with. First a first time buyer, I had a horrible experience, never thought it could be so complicated. I think it was roughly 3500 rates which were quoted, dont even remember for which project.
          Eventually, I decided for 3C LP, a deal at 2600 BSP in DP plan which has very well doubled in 2 yrs, either way you look at as investment or end user perspective. All this while, there is hardly any substantial movement in price or ground work for WT.
          I strongly recommend FIRST TIME house buyers to think TWICE before booking WT as their first house. As Venky said in his earlier post, you are hopeful of possession by the time you retire, so forget about time bound delivery. Quality is another thing, no where the specifications are clarified, all it says is everything would be of GOOD quality like tiles, wooded flooring, etc. It never specifies the brand or even comparable brand, so one is never sure what would turn out.

MY POV

Comment

Liquidity is not a valid concern. It is true that jp rates wont move so investors should avoid prelaunches. It is also true that club and other facilities are unknown. It is absolutely true that speed of construction will be an issue. As I said 2015 to 2018 for different launches.

Quality is something I dont know. I would say go for either the cheapest in the township which is kosmos. Or go for the best like pebble.

Everything in between will face the issue something is better elsewhere or its not good enough or cheaper options in others projects were better or that something cheaper within jp is also equally good

To me quality means plumbing without seepage. That is not available anywhere because plumbing technology in india is 100 years outdated
            If prices do not move and prices of similar projects move then liquidity goes for a toss. IMO liquidity is a big concern.

Comment

I am glad that people with this lottery approach are not a part of wishtown.

We do better without this negative approach to life ( minds).

wishtown is nice not just because its beautiful, also because people with right frame of mind are going to be living in it. people who are not running behind short term lottery gains and actually artificialy inflating the market better not come here.

These kind of people artificialy inflate the prices of properties and are a big obstacle in the development of our country.

once again, thanks for not choosing wishtown as your home.
              stay away..
              "Jab naash manuj per chata hai pehle vivek mar jaata hai"

Comment

Originally posted by fatichar View Post
                Just to answer (not from a JP critic point of view): Prateek Fedora.

I think Supertech 32 pavillion, Mahagun Maple as well fit the criteria.
                From what I remember werent these started in q4 2008 and till q1 2009. Correct me if wrong. Too many projects to remember.

Leech sorry I misunderstood you. Liquidity of jp is not an issue.

Personal liquidity is a major issue. Those without holding power should avoid jp like the plague. You have to buy and forget for 10 years. No question of early profitable exit in emergency. More like exit with hair cut.

Comment

I bought pavilion exactly 10 months ago for 5200, today it is at 6800 to 7000, how much gain is that?
                  orchards was 4900 a year ago, today it is around 6000.

There was an initial delay , agreed, but now it is better.

There could still be some slow progress in one or two projects, but mostof the projects are moving pretty fast after the initial delay.
                  That happened because jaypee was concentrating on formula one and yamuna expressway.(not sure)

Comment

Those without holding power should avoid jp like the plague. You have to buy and forget for 10 years.
                    EXACTLY, you hit the nail on the head, thats the point a lot of us have been trying to put forth on JayPee forums. This philosophy of 10-yr plan may work for people with deep pockets or already with one/several roofs on their head but for average middle class (AKA end users) folks looking for decent, timely, affordable housing, this is a BIG NO NO. Even for investors looking for short-mid term horizon, this does not sound very promising unless you have BLIND FAITH in the builder.
                    After 10-yrs, only GOD can tell what would come out of the hat, Singapore or ....

Comment

Originally posted by jsbhatia View Post
                      EXACTLY, you hit the nail on the head, thats the point a lot of us have been trying to put forth on JayPee forums. This philosophy of 10-yr plan may work for people with deep pockets or already with one/several roofs on their head but for average middle class (AKA end users) folks looking for decent, timely, affordable housing, this is a BIG NO NO. Even for investors looking for short-mid term horizon, this does not sound very promising unless you have BLIND FAITH in the builder.
                      After 10-yrs, only GOD can tell what would come out of the hat, Singapore or ....
                      What 10 years????????

get a life........

can you declare with confidence that kosmos/aman for the low middle class and pavilion for the upper middle class will be delievered in ten years?

I openly challenge that all these will be delievered with in two years from today.

Who on this forum is telling me that aman and kosmos(thousand of units) will not be delivered with in two years??
                      Who can challenge me on that?

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X