BAD NEWS. FAR within 1 km of Noida-G. Noida route to be raised from 2.75 to 3.5.

Noida-Greater Noida, City Centre to Sector 62 Metro Projects get nod | NDTV.com

Noida and Greater Noida Boards on Friday gave green signal to Noida to Greater Noida and city Centre to sector 62 Metro rail projects.

Though it was planned during Mayawati's tenure as Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, the change of guard saw the project being put on hold as new officers and the state government wanted changes in the project before giving the approval.

Noida CEO Sanjiv Saran and Greater Noida CEO Rama Raman told media after the meeting of the two Boards that the total length of the Metro project is 29.70 kilometers.

It will be run on 1433 gauge and will have 22 stations.

The maximum speed of train would be 95 kilometer per hour while scheduled speed is 35 kilometer per hour.

The total estimated cost at June 2009 prices is Rs.2781 crore without land and Rs.3017 crores with land.

Present-day cost of the project is expected to be around Rs.5500 crores, they said.

The areas to be covered under the project are Sectors 32, 51, 83, 101, 143, 147, Knowledge Park II, Pari Chowk, Sector Alpha, Delta and Knowledge Park IV.

As Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority as per NCRPB master plan approval has to construct 20 to 25 per cent EWS and LIG houses in near future, the authority has planned to develop 10000 such houses.

Metro rail project will provide these areas also with connectivity.

As NCRPB expect 28 lakh population by 2031 in Greater Noida, the authority has been planning for infrastructure and Metro rail will help in populating the area.

The present population of Greater Noida is 2 lakh. Besides, around one lakh students are studying in various colleges in the city.

Metro rail between Noida and Greater Noida will also help the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor project's investment region of Dadri-Noida-Ghaziabad.

In future, talks with DMIC too could be held to have some funding from them too.

To recover the cost, it was decided to increase the FAR (floor area ratio) of group housing projects from 2.75 to 3.5 in the projects falling within 1 kilometer distance on either side of the metro rail track.

The Board also approved the Noida City Centre to Sector 62 Metro rail project whose total length is 6.675 kilometer. The total project cost is Rs.1807 crores and the number of stations is six.

As per traffic forecast study of this stretch by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, by 2016 the expected passenger volume is 76,768 which will rise to 98,390 in the year 2021.
Read more
31 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • The Noida-G Noida metro might not be possible in near future but Noida and Greater Noida Authorities would increase the FAR from 2.7.5 to 3.5 right away. This would enable them to take hefty amount from builders. Increase in FAR to 3.5 would result in either more floors or more towers. Both would impact the quality of living.
    CommentQuote
  • yeh to hona hi tha....but den also i thnk gud news for noida exp and greater noida people...now they will have the connectivity which they were lookin fr years
    CommentQuote
  • Re: FAR within 1 km of Noida-G. Noida route to be raised from 2.75 to 3.5

Ok a question to the group. By doing this, obviously Authorities have found a way to make more money. If Metro does get made it will be a bonus - if it doesnt then the government will blame BSP or the centre or the builders or even the pope. I think Indian Government officials are probably the WORLDS BEST at deflecting responsibilities and allocating blame.

My question is this - along the route the FAR will increase from 2.75-3.5 either side.

While those away from the 1km distance will see no FAR increase.

So on one hand we will have metro connectivity yet will be subject to conditions of MASSIVE DENSITY. These will take longer to complete as well.

On the other hand will be areas > 1km yet having manageable density and faster delivery

Which of the two regions do you think will appreciate more from hereon and why?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • With my limited knowledge please allow me to speculate ...

Appreciation will be similar in both areas if only density and distance from metro line is factored in. I am not including age of project or uniqueness like golf course view etc in my speculation.

Projects >1Km less dense but far from metro line
    Projects <1Km more dense but near metro line

With age, better maintained project will demand premium. Plus unique projects will demand premium.
    CommentQuote
  • Whatever the FAR, people are fed up of traffic and Metro is gonna make life comfortable.

Take appreciation as directly proportional to connectivity & amenities..
    Villages have least FAR, so does it make them expensive vs the Mainstream cities..Worldover trend is lke this only. Most Expensive land on the periphery of Metro cant be left like that..Decision of FAR increase is rational. It had to happen one day...no matter after 5 years of Metro or before 5 years of Metro. Govt learns from other region and worldwide experience.

This is common sense, no rocket science here.
    CommentQuote
  • I think high FAR will be applicable for commercial and office space which will come up side of metro route. So a mix of commercial/office/residential will dot this route.

FAR for Wave city center, if I can recall, is also around 3.75 being a commercial land.
    CommentQuote
  • The question remains whether existing under construction projects will also have 3.5 FAR and why should allottees not object to same as they will be the ones who will be affected. Builders have already published the layout and no of floors it should be contractual obligation of builders to make layout and floors as per their earlier paperwork.

Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Ok a question to the group. By doing this, obviously Authorities have found a way to make more money. If Metro does get made it will be a bonus - if it doesnt then the government will blame BSP or the centre or the builders or even the pope. I think Indian Government officials are probably the WORLDS BEST at deflecting responsibilities and allocating blame.

My question is this - along the route the FAR will increase from 2.75-3.5 either side.

So on one hand we will have metro connectivity yet will be subject to conditions of MASSIVE DENSITY. These will take longer to complete as well.

On the other hand will be areas > 1km yet having manageable density and faster delivery

CommentQuote
  • Sahab-ji quality of life is not only FAR of society, much bigger factors than that.

Noida and G/Noida are well planned city with excellent infra of wider Roads. Thats only what matters..

Roads and Other infra should support transporting masses in fraction of hrs to longer distances so distances reduce by time no matter how far in Kms they are.

FAR increase has nothing to do with deterioration of life within societies..
    Indian with its limited resources and high land psf price should allow even higher FAR 3.5 to me is still small and our cities population might expand exponentially...how are you going to provide residence to millions..by more deforestation and converting farmland to concrete...Bull Shit approach..

Good decision by the authorities..Aftereffects await..
    Corruption is a different issue and has to be tackled separately.
    Real impact of Metro Connectivity should only bring positive vibes..

Originally Posted by sanjeevchaudhri
    The Noida-G Noida metro might not be possible in near future but Noida and Greater Noida Authorities would increase the FAR from 2.7.5 to 3.5 right away. This would enable them to take hefty amount from builders. Increase in FAR to 3.5 would result in either more floors or more towers. Both would impact the quality of living.
    CommentQuote
  • Mark your post dineshbhai and lets revisit it after 5 yrs when whatever authority has planned as metro connectivity or FAR increase becomes reality..

So appreciation should be much higher near to Metro...I would say around 15-20% difference in psf for same Super Area with current transportation cost.

With further increase in energy cost...it should further increase.
    So if Petrol touches 150/Litre in next 7-8 years assume 30-40% clear gap in psf rates..ENJOY!!!

CommentQuote

Originally Posted by Ranjeetnew
    The question remains whether existing under construction projects will also have 3.5 FAR and why should allottees not object to same as they will be the ones who will be affected. Builders have already published the layout and no of floors it should be contractual obligation of builders to make layout and floors as per their earlier paperwork.

Well 99% of the cases builder says anything is subject to change at the sole descretion of the builder and WE sign the dotted line. The only case where the buyers have made a difference is the Belair project and that only because it had a SC lawyer as a resident.

There are societies by Amrapali and others in Ghaziabad/Gurgaon who have not given completion since 2006.

So holding any of the builders to their promises is like expecting a 7 year old to top IAS. While the latter may still happen one day, the former will def not happen.

Unless the builder has done full completion and handed over to RWA - he will build more - should he sniff any opportunity. See Supertech Emerald as case in point.

CommentQuote

Originally Posted by neptune
    Sahab-ji quality of life is not only FAR of society, much bigger factors than that.

Noida and G/Noida are well planned city with excellent infra of wider Roads. Thats only what matters..

Roads and Other infra should support transporting masses in fraction of hrs to longer distances so distances reduce by time no matter how far in Kms they are.

FAR increase has nothing to do with deterioration of life within societies..
    Indian with its limited resources and high land psf price should allow even higher FAR 3.5 to me is still small and our cities population might expand exponentially...how are you going to provide residence to millions..by more deforestation and converting farmland to concrete...Bull Shit approach..

Good decision by the authorities..Aftereffects await..
    Corruption is a different issue and has to be tackled separately.
    Real impact of Metro Connectivity should only bring positive vibes..

While you are correct in most cases - do NOT - underestimate the adverse power of FAR

CommentQuote
  • FAR will be officially increased to 3.5....but in reality will be close to 4.....this is standard practice by bribing officials

FAR condition will be permitted within 6 months max and builders will utilize it to maximum.....:-)

metro on this route will take minimum 8-10 years....they have enough ''bahanas'' like the ones used since 2005-06

all in all...be prepared to see a congested concrete jungle all over new sectors of Noida with crumbling water, electricty, security, traffic issues......
    not to forget third class buildings with seepages...peeling interiors and exteriors and parking issues

let me remind you....making 150 empty flats per acre is easy but maintaining 150 families per acre is a nightmare

80% pf high rises in Noida have poor maintenace and quality issues....and they are far less dense than the upcoming ones.

maintenance of such concrete jungles willl be a mess and end users will suffer
    CommentQuote
  • Hey..dineshbhai, thanku 4 d comment..cant understand adverse effect. Less FAR is always best and so villas on beach or on prime roads sell most expensive...

Point is what shd be authorities approach while sanctioning Metro for specific areas which are not yet habitated..

Why shouldnt Metro be first sanctioned to Gzb pockets or expand within Noida with dense population before talking Noida-G/Noida..

I know you are wise enough and understand basic mathematics..
    THATS IT Buddy..I am not emotional over such debates.

While you are correct in most cases - do NOT - underestimate the adverse power of FAR

CommentQuote

Originally Posted by neptune
    Hey..dineshbhai, thanku 4 d comment..cant understand adverse effect. Less FAR is always best and so villas on beach or on prime roads sell most expensive...

What shd be authorities approach while sanctioning Metro for specific areas which are not yet habitated..

Why shouldnt Metro be first sanctioned to Gzb pockets or expand within Noida with dense population before talking Noida-G/Noida..

I know you are wise enough and understand basic mathematics..
    THATS IT Buddy..I am not emotional over such debates.

I meant adverse effects of High FAR. Look urban centres of Hong Kong etc probably have a FAR of 10. Point is they take things wholistically. They have stories upon stories of parking. Green areas upon multiple levels. Amazing lifts. Great roads and multi layer public transport.

Point is you cant get in committee of beurocrats and say we increase FAR.

There are MASSIVE implications on the urban fabric - do we have transport, sewerage, security, roads, electricity, water, jobs, governance, fire and earthquake handling etc to handle redensification.

Tell me how much was discussed yesterday before taking a finger in the air approach.....hmmmm from 2.75 whats the next nice number, how about 3.5, yeahhh.... sounds nice, good number, my panditji says its a lucky number. I am telling you thats what would have happened.

CommentQuote
  • open chor-bazari
    next year they might announce that a new airport is coming up and nearby areas of tht airport which "will" come after 5 years, for land around airport FAR is changed to 5.
    height of fooling people.
    in delhi even after fully functional metro govrnmnt is in planning stage whether to levy extra charges for houses near metro. and in UP/ noida even before plans or commencment of metro construction they hav increased FAR and what not. and all this among an environment where people r fed up with prolonged court cases/illegal acqisitions etc.
    yet another big time fraud !
    CommentQuote