Board irons out development bottlenecks
Jan 12, 2013, 01.41AM IST TNN

NOIDA: Several development projects were approved in the joint board meeting of the Noida, Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway authorities on Friday. Even though the main focus remained on boosting connectivity and developing industrial clusters, the authorities even attempted to pacify agitating farmers by amending provisions related to land acquisition.

Noida Authority CEO Sanjeev Saran said rapid population growth has led to an urgent need to improve the transportation system. An additional 170 buses, including 20 semi low-floor buses and 50 feeder vehicles, will be started at the cost of Rs 40.5 crore. "The Authority will develop the city bus terminal in Sector 82 on 3.9 hectare with world-class infrastructure," he said.

Concerned over rampant accidents on Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, an Rs 15 crore Intelligent Transport System (ITS) will be installed to monitor and manage traffic flow.

To counter farmers' agitation, the board passed several amendments in the provisions to sort out abadi regularization, disbursement of developed land, enhanced compensation and inherited and non-inherited property issues.

"The land in Gautam Budh Nagar district was acquired in three phase in 1976, 1979 and 1997. Earlier, those farmers whose land was acquired in 1976 were eligible to get 5% abadi land, while those whose land was acquired between 1979 and 1997 were kept out of pool. The board has approved to grant abadi land to these farmers too," said Rajesh Prakash, administrative officer, Noida Authority.

"The minimum size of developed plots to be given to farmers whose land was acquired will be 40sq.mtr. The 5% developed plots will also be given to those farmers who were found eligible for plots below 40sq.mtr," Prakash added.

Around Rs 650 crore has already been disbursed towards enhanced compensation to farmers and the board has approved another Rs 450 crore. For village development work, the engineering department will not need approval from the land records department now.

The number of highrises in the city is expected to increase in the next two years, so there is a need of updated fire safety infrastructure. "The Authority will buy 72m hydraulic machines in case of fires in highrises," Saran said. A 1MW solar power plant will be developed on a 5 acre plot over the Sector 135-152 irrigation drain mainly for streetlights.

NOIDA: Several development projects were approved in the joint board meeting of the Noida, Greater Noida and Yamuna Expressway authorities on Friday. Even though the main focus remained on boosting connectivity and developing industrial clusters, the authorities even attempted to pacify agitating farmers by amending provisions related to land acquisition.

Noida Authority CEO Sanjeev Saran said rapid population growth has led to an urgent need to improve the transportation system. An additional 170 buses, including 20 semi low-floor buses and 50 feeder vehicles, will be started at the cost of Rs 40.5 crore. "The Authority will develop the city bus terminal in Sector 82 on 3.9 hectare with world-class infrastructure," he said.

Concerned over rampant accidents on Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, an Rs 15 crore Intelligent Transport System (ITS) will be installed to monitor and manage traffic flow.

To counter farmers' agitation, the board passed several amendments in the provisions to sort out abadi regularization, disbursement of developed land, enhanced compensation and inherited and non-inherited property issues.

"The land in Gautam Budh Nagar district was acquired in three phase in 1976, 1979 and 1997. Earlier, those farmers whose land was acquired in 1976 were eligible to get 5% abadi land, while those whose land was acquired between 1979 and 1997 were kept out of pool. The board has approved to grant abadi land to these farmers too," said Rajesh Prakash, administrative officer, Noida Authority.

"The minimum size of developed plots to be given to farmers whose land was acquired will be 40sq.mtr. The 5% developed plots will also be given to those farmers who were found eligible for plots below 40sq.mtr," Prakash added.

Around Rs 650 crore has already been disbursed towards enhanced compensation to farmers and the board has approved another Rs 450 crore. For village development work, the engineering department will not need approval from the land records department now.

The number of highrises in the city is expected to increase in the next two years, so there is a need of updated fire safety infrastructure. "The Authority will buy 72m hydraulic machines in case of fires in highrises," Saran said. A 1MW solar power plant will be developed on a 5 acre plot over the Sector 135-152 irrigation drain mainly for streetlights.
Read more
4414 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • hahaha ...

You definately need better medical facilities :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    I live in Gurgaon.. invested in gurgaon and even buying in Greater noida..
    better you come down on earth..

I dont care where you live or what you intend to buy....

My posts clearly show where I am

and your answers clearly Prove where you are

so lets keep it at that.....

If you have a problem accepting facts....then be it....

dont discourage others ....
    CommentQuote
  • Cookie, I don't believe this is correct news.

Bangalore have a lot of software startups and even established players like facebook are likely to set up office there. Even Hyderabad and Chennai beat Noida/Ggn very very easily. Those are the 3 top cities in terms of real industry. Yes, I am talking of only s/w industry as of now as I am more awre on this.

Also, even Ggn beats Noida hands down in terms of new startups or some big companies. Again I am talking from s/w POV

Tell me where are new companies which can employe 2-3k people are coming to Noida. Don't talk of shifting from Sec-62 to eway because they were originally in Noida as well.

Originally Posted by cookie
    Gurgaon, Noida set to eclipse Bangalore in IT space

North India has emerged a hot spot for IT and IT-enabled services industry with many large companies setting up their businesses here. While Shimla and Chandigarh are among the top cities with investment potential, it is the National Capital Region, including Gurgaon and Noida, that is becoming the preferred destinations for companies offering IT, ITeS, BPO, BTO and KPO services in various domains such as banking, financial services, insurance, pharma, auto, FMCG and manufacturing.

According to a study by Assocham, Bangalore may lose its crown of India’s Tech Eden to Gurgaon and Noida. The study showed that leading IT and ITeS vendors prefer to shift their focus from Bangalore to other cities — especially the satellite cities of Gurgaon and Noida — to generate more revenues.

Assocham interacted with around 800 directors, CEOs, CFOs, chairmen and managing directors of Indian and multinational companies in various verticals with a choice of five cities to relocate their businesses to garner more revenues.

CONDUCIVE ENVIRONMENT

As many as 30 per cent of the top-ranked officials of IT companies based out of Bangalore said they prefer to shift their business to Gurgaon. Of the remaining, 25 per cent respondents said they would prefer to shift their base to Noida or Greater Noida which are rapidly developing software and BPO hubs. About 20 per cent said that they would prefer to shift their base to Chandigarh, which offers a conducive business environment.

“Gurgaon’s cosmopolitan culture, modern infrastructure, availability of skilled workforce and proximity to Delhi along with industry-friendly government policies are the factors which give it the edge,” Assocham said. Some of the top names in IT, including HCL, NIIT and Genpact, are based in NCR . “The advantages we see in this part of the country include good infrastructure with better connectivity within the area. Another major enabling factor is the relevant pool of resource/talent available due to the spread of reputed educational institutions in this area,” said the NIIT Technologies spokesperson. The company has 4,700 employees in the NCR region across three offices spread over 7.8 lakh square feet. Himachal Pradesh is portraying itself as an alternative location to the NCR. Nasscom conducted an extensive survey amongst 11 cities/ towns to find out the relative advantages/disadvantages of these cities/towns to attract IT investments.

The survey discovered that Himachal Pradesh is uniquely positioned to exploit its inherent as well as inculcated plus points for furthering IT in the State.

The major advantages include excellent power situation, salubrious climate eminently suited to IT industries, capability to increase the pool of skilled manpower, engineering colleges and other educational institutions, low cost of setting up an IT unit as well as low recurring cost (including cost of living).

SOFTWARE TECH PARK

Chandigarh and Jaipur are the other emerging cities for IT investors. The Software Technology Park in Mohali is the top exporter of software among the Tier 2 cities in North India. It is also one of the top three software exporters amongst the Tier 2 cities in India. Chandigarh got a boost for IT investments when the Government set up the Rajiv Gandhi Chandigarh Technology Park. “Chandigarh, being one of the first planned cities in India, always had an extremely good civic infrastructure and power situation. The connectivity to Delhi is excellent due to the Shatabdi trains and has, therefore, attracted many companies to consider the Tricity as an alternative location in North India,” says a PwC report.

Gurgaon, Noida set to eclipse Bangalore in IT space
    Hindu Business Line-09-Jan-2013
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realguru
    Cookie, I don't believe this is correct news.

Bangalore have a lot of software startups and even established players like facebook are likely to set up office there. Even Hyderabad and Chennai beat Noida/Ggn very very easily. Those are the 3 top cities in terms of real industry. Yes, I am talking of only s/w industry as of now as I am more awre on this.

Also, even Ggn beats Noida hands down in terms of new startups or some big companies. Again I am talking from s/w POV

Tell me where are new companies which can employe 2-3k people are coming to Noida. Don't talk of shifting from Sec-62 to eway because they were originally in Noida as well.

I am just sharing news..
    we are not resourceful enough to certify correct or incorrect..
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon Master Plan 2021 aims to bring the city at par with Singapore. However, the master plan is a distant dream and the present Gurgaon is marred with various infrastructure problems. Although the city claims to be international and known as the millennium city of India, there are a number of loopholes in town planning.
    All those who live in Gurgaon or have bought properties here know that the city is facing a number of problems. Big builders like DLF, Unitech, Ansal, and Vatika, hace dotted the landscape of Gurgaon with impressive skyline. Big MNCs, IT firms, and corporate have added to the modern socio-economic development of Gurgaon. The citizens of Gurgaon have huge choice when it comes to possessing beautiful and stylish homes built inside secured societies. But the moment we step out of our homes, the scenario changes.
    The moment we step out on Gurgaon roads we face the stark reality of an inadequate infrastructure. Broken roads with numerous potholes, unorganized traffic condition, missing street lights, lack law and order, and absence of any public transport, are a few problems that Gurgaon residents have to face day to day.
    Let us see some highlights of Gurgaon infrastructure:
    Poor Road Condition: Most of the major roads in the city are broken with a number of potholes. The road that runs through Cyber city and Infinity Towers poses a driving risk as it is completely broken. Although it is a prominent road of Gurgaon with presence of big and major corporates, the authorities have not taken any action. Driving on Gurgaon roads is even riskier during the night as there are no street light and clear driving directions.

Absence of Public Transport: Dearth of public transport is not a new story for Gurgaon. It is a well-known fact the commuting inside Gurgaon wrecks hell for its residents. Arrival of metro has definitely improved its connectivity with the rest of NCR, but when it come to travelling within Gurgaon, the city weeps for a sound public transport system. People are left with no choice but rickshaws and shared autos that are not decent and safe enough for all kinds of commuters.
    Insufficient Power: Gurgaon is always reeling under power crisis. The total requirement of power in Gurgaon is around 1500 MVA however the production is not more than 500 MVA. Almost all the big office complexes in Gurgaon generate their own power.
    Depleting Water Level: There is serious concern over the depleting ground water level in Gurgaon. There is no check on water usage in the city. The widespread construction going on results in plenty of water consumption. There is no system of rain water harvesting in the city. If the situation remains the same then Gurgaon is going to face huge water crisis in the coming years.
    Gurgaon is a long way to go if it actually aims to be an international city. The glitzy malls and tall buildings alone cannot render a positive image to the city. The stark necessities like good roads, safety of citizens, proper electricity conditions, and a good public transport system, have to be taken care of by Gurgaon authorities.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by advant
    I dont care where you live or what you intend to buy....

My posts clearly show where I am

and your answers clearly Prove where you are

so lets keep it at that.....

If you have a problem accepting facts....then be it....

dont discourage others ....

better ignore my posts..
    I am not imposing my views all over the thread.. so accepting or not accepting is not the point..

happy ranting in noida-greater noida thread.:D
    CommentQuote
  • Even I don't know whether its correct or not.

But the general consensus is that there is not even adequate industry in Noida. But flats will come thick and fast, although I believe that not all projects will get completed for various reasons .

But who is going to live in all these projects if the market is not driven by end-users. Rates might not fall but they wont rise a lot . Even rents will stagnate . Its sure. We can't run away from all this . And Noida has no industry and if FAR goes to 3.5, its going to be a chaos.

BTW I don't agree with Zohaib because Ggn also has a lot of supply even with less FAR. I think more than infratsructure and medical faclities, industry will drive the people to live in these flats .

But where the hell is industry in Noida !!

I am just sharing news..
    we are not resourceful enough to certify correct or incorrect..
    CommentQuote
  • Same to you mr.cookie..with your Cut, copy. pastes

with no ground facts

enjoy
    CommentQuote
    Even I don't know whether its correct or not.

But the general consensus is that there is not even adequate industry in Noida. But flats will come thick and fast, although I believe that not all projects will get completed for various reasons .

But who is going to live in all these projects if the market is not driven by end-users. Rates might not fall but they wont rise a lot . Even rents will stagnate . Its sure. We can't run away from all this . And Noida has no industry and if FAR goes to 3.5, its going to be a chaos.

BTW I don't agree with Zohaib because Ggn also has a lot of supply even with less FAR. I think more than infratsructure and medical faclities, industry will drive the people to live in these flats .

That guy has been ranting for the last 2 years in different different avatars ..
    he has become a comic character on IREF.:D
    I simply ignore him
    I wish he would have expressed his view in Gurgaon thread also ,, then we know where he stands..
    CommentQuote
    He He He

Gurgaon Medical facilities are far better than Noida
    Just visit Medanta, Fortis medi city and Max gurgaon

and compare with
    Dingy max noida
    Fortis noida....which dwarfs in comparison to fortis gurgaon

Medanta medi city...well what to say....

Of course Gurgaon has the cream crowd....so such hospitals will open there only

And Mr. Cookie...I love your attitude...i just hope that facts dont catch up in ur dreams..and you wake up

This guy's attitude is beyond limit.

If you think only Gurgaon has cream of society, why even bother to interact in Noida thread with non-cream 2nd grade public who are happy to live in the city they chose for themselves.

I have no problem if you want to hard sell Gurgaon for any reason known to you only. Please do that in Gurgaon thread. Please don't throw your downright derogatory, filthy and snobbish weight around Noida endusers/ Investors.

Note: I know u will turn a deaf year to my request thus proving some souls are jst incorrigible.
    CommentQuote
    Even I don't know whether its correct or not.

FACT NO.1....Not even a single industry came to noida-gn region in past 8 years

FACT NO.2.....Ready to move office spaces in best locations on noida expressway are having a tough time finding tenants

Greater noida has No tenants at all

Yamuna expressway...projects have stalled

Anyone feels this is wrong...can come with facts

The situation in Noida is GRIM

Lack of interest from Industries....Luke warm responce from MNCs

and an expected supply of 3 lakh flats in Noida

(TOTAL NUMBER OF FLATS IN ENTIRE NOIDA TILL DATE SINCE ITS BEGINING...IS FAR LESS !!!!!!!!)

From 1980 to 2010...Add all the housing units in Entire Noida

ITS LESS THAN

The Supply coming up in next 3-4 years

Aur Kucch ??
    CommentQuote
    Same to you mr.cookie..with your Cut, copy. pastes

with no ground facts

enjoy

love that.......
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cyberjunkie
    This guy's attitude is beyond limit.

If you think only Gurgaon has cream of society, why even bother to interact in Noida thread with non-cream 2nd grade public who are happy to live in the city they chose for themselves.

I have no problem if you want to hard sell Gurgaon for any reason known to you only. Please do that in Gurgaon thread. Please don't throw your downright derogatory, filthy and snobbish weight around Noida endusers/ Investors.

Note: I know u will turn a deaf year to my request thus proving some souls are jst incorrigible.

People have big issues accepting facts here

Jo hai..so hai....

MIG is not derogatory...

Dont buy an alto thinking its BMW or even try to compare thinking

alto bhi office 30 mins main pahunchati hai...aur BMW bhi....to kya farrq padta hai

CommentQuote
  • I dont agree with him . But if FAR goes to 3.5 then do you think the current supply will be consumed even in next 10 years with the given industry in Noida.

Some of the aftereffects that I can see

- Investors will have to pay maintenance and do the resgistry. Registry cost in Noida now is joke. Circle rate for LB was 5200 which is a joke .
    And its going to rise ven more. Selling won't be easy as finding end-users won't be easy as well.
    - If they register and rent out , rents will have to be sufficient because builders have kept high maintenance charges. And how are people going to pay so much of rent when they are no earning that much. If somebody is not earning 1 lac he wont pay more than 25 k for his rent. Its not easy to earn 1 lac for so many people in Noida.
    -Don't expect Delhi people to live in thse super dense societies.
    Even DDA guys will prefer their flats.

So, I think its very easy to identify a vicious bubble that is created in Noida and in Ggn as well. Its true for both cities but if FAR goes to 3.5 then Noida will be affected more.

That guy is ranting for the last 2 years in different different avatars ..
    he has become a comic character on IREF.:D

I wish he would have expressed his view in Gurgaon thread also ,, then we know where he stands..
    CommentQuote
  • I guess all posts should be fact based rather then personality based. Neither Zohaib avtar bashing nor Zohaibs avtar bashing GN and Noida will change buyer or endusers decision. But stating facts may help in arriving at own conclusion. Lets take a constructive view of the facts, a little bit of masala always helps to keep the forum going. :-)
    CommentQuote