Hi,

This is a new project in sector 100 on greater noida express way. Does anyone have any idea on the Builder ? They are providing 2-3 BHK flats 2825 psf.

Thanks
Read more
5127 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Don't listen to me. Recently Mark Faber warned that our brains are our worst enemies, captured in one word: overconfidence. Check out his GloomBoomDoom.com site: Investors are “deeply asleep at the switch.” Investors feed on happy talk. Investors minimize warnings, hard facts and the truth: “My experience has been that most investors (including myself) who lose money fail because of overconfidence … convinced that an investment will be highly profitable and seldom consider that they could be wrong.”
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rovingeye
    Don't listen to me. Recently Mark Faber warned that our brains are our worst enemies, captured in one word: overconfidence. Check out his GloomBoomDoom.com site: Investors are “deeply asleep at the switch.” Investors feed on happy talk. Investors minimize warnings, hard facts and the truth: “My experience has been that most investors (including myself) who lose money fail because of overconfidence … convinced that an investment will be highly profitable and seldom consider that they could be wrong.”

Investors should always anticipate the risk involved before investing. However, the class of investors in Urban RE in India is one of its own kind. The basic idea is to build a home for investment (should be disposable to gain liquidity) or else in worst case scenario, it should be good enough if you would yourself want to stay there. There is still a huge shortage of housing in this country. Supply is increasing but still way behind what is actually needed. I am talking of suppy of assured units not hawabaazi and 10 year possession plans.

& good for Mark Faber if he can connect to certain audience class with his predictions. That just again proves, everything sells..you just need a buyer.
    CommentQuote
  • The true picture will become more clear once possession starts. We are waiting for that. The true price, value etc... will come into play.....
    Politics is being played at highest level. I donot know why possession is being delayed and may be authorities are scared of opening Yamuna expressway as opposition will get a very good tool in their hand to show their progress card. Clearly bhaiya ji came on populist note and he know that he will not be able to deliver the things.
    CommentQuote
  • I don't buy this theory of huge shortage of housing. Whoever can afford a house is living in one - rented or otherwise. As and when they have money to buy, they will. But, making that a reason to come and party in real estate is just, in Mark Faber's word "overconfidence". Real Estate prices should and does increase (on the longer run) in tune with inflation, so do wages. Any irrational exuberance in short term prices do get corrected (in every goddamn asset under the sky and in any corner of the world). I'm just saying - be aware.

A lot of hot air is baked into 3C apartment prices - just be open to that idea.
    CommentQuote
    I don't buy this theory of huge shortage of housing. Whoever can afford a house is living in one - rented or otherwise. As and when they have money to buy, they will. But, making that a reason to come and party in real estate is just, in Mark Faber's word "overconfidence". Real Estate prices should and does increase (on the longer run) in tune with inflation, so do wages. Any irrational exuberance in short term prices do get corrected (in every goddamn asset under the sky and in any corner of the world). I'm just saying - be aware.

That's the thing - "You do not buy the theories". Well, your purchase perspective is not really taken into consideration at the time of theory evolution. I am glad there are folks like you & Mr. Ganguly to challenge these theories and notions and ready to take a leak against the wind. I mean, it really does sound courageous.

For others like myself, unfortunately, we are conceded to the fact that this is NCR and historically there has never been almost any downfall in property values here and do not see it happening(maybe stagnancy but no fall) in near future (looking at the influx of young dynamic folks with a purpose to prove a thing or 2 moving from interior Haryana, Punjab, UP, Himachal and where not from all across India).
    CommentQuote
    I don't buy this theory of huge shortage of housing. Whoever can afford a house is living in one - rented or otherwise. As and when they have money to buy, they will. But, making that a reason to come and party in real estate is just, in Mark Faber's word "overconfidence". Real Estate prices should and does increase (on the longer run) in tune with inflation, so do wages. Any irrational exuberance in short term prices do get corrected (in every goddamn asset under the sky and in any corner of the world). I'm just saying - be aware.

Sir, the problem IMHO is rationality and valuation have been servants of momentum and sentiments in India RE especially near home in NCR. How else would you explain that Noida as an investment destination has given 23-25% compounded returns for the last 28-29 years. Wages at best have compounded 10-12% and over this many years this is an un-ignorable statistic. My property lying vacant is earning more than me.

Of course you are right that correction will come, question is when. Even in the 2008 fall when the stock prices went to a third of their peak valuation, RE prices were'nt really off. Sales (fresh/re-sale) were slightly off for a few months and again things were back to 'normal'

I do agree with LChands views that we shouldnt forget that LB has given very good returns. But it was NOT sold as the best product in the business. Any objective individual just needs to visit the site and will know for himself that it is dense, no point denying that.

I would give very good rating to 3C to have built this at ferocious pace and with good quality, and that is the No. 1 contributor to the LB price increase.

But this is an event that has happened. The only other thing that can raise prices is another trigger, another wave, another differentiaor for example top notch maintenance and more important the 'Livability Experience' aka ATS or something else.

Again, I salute 3C to have delivered this at such pace and quality, at the same time, I would ask current investors to think about future triggers and if LB is actually primed to get on one of the waves created by this new trigger. Trigger ~ Differentiator

Although, not being transparent with the customers on posession has been the first real problematic thing (in scale) that they have done. I think a lot of people have given them the benefit of doubt (which was required/deserved). But its been so much time - it cannot only be a problem of NA (talli do haat se bajti hai). Some formal transparency is needed and should be forthcoming.
    CommentQuote
  • Another point is that there are chances that when correction comes, it may be accompanied by another drastic event like recession. Possibly then even if the prices of RE were to go down and correct, chances are - so will your buying capacity.

Just a thought
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Another point is that there are chances that when correction comes, it may be accompanied by another drastic event like recession. Possibly then even if the prices of RE were to go down and correct, chances are - so will your buying capacity.

Just a thought

Capacity will surely go down - if you're dependent on financing.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Rovingeye (and all other super bears),

If one is working in Noida, and looking for a house for self use. Does not have budget for independent house. Suggest him something. Whether he should

1. stay on rent forever
    2. wait for X years
    3. Buy XYZ.
    CommentQuote

Sir - isnt it fair to say that 90% of the Users of LB/LP (or in general, the segment we are discussing currently) would be dependent on financing?

How many people (barring professional investors) would you know who would buy an LB/LP cashdown with their own money, without being dependent on financing
    CommentQuote

How? during recession, interest rates tend to go south. but salaries do not get cut for most people. so how does buying capacity go down?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by samirpanache
    Tis could only be done by a person who is either out of the project ... because somebody who has invested good amount in the project, after doing a lot of Recee of the area would tend to support it... Thats his self interest.... Pray that the final product is the best in its segment

Kyon bhai! if someone comes to know some negative point after purchase, should he not point out? will pointing out a flaw correct the prices? What self interest does it serve to ignore whatever bad the builder does?

Last week LChand mentioned here that 3C will not pay penalty unless asked for by the buyer. Many got shocked due to this. Did they start selling their flats at 10% discount? No. They got aware and a were saved from being robbed of a few thousand rupees.

Visit thread https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/noida-real-estate/10709-helios-by-sunshine-developers-in-sector-78-noida?t=13044 . Here all buyers always discuss the +ves and -ves of the project. When some -ve is of real concern, we take that up with the builder as well. Some times it makes a difference. That is in the self interest, not emotionally defending the project/builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    How? during recession, interest rates tend to go south. but salaries do not get cut for most people. so how does buying capacity go down?

Fatichar Bhai - to this point, I'd agree with RovingEye (even his initials are RE, proves that he loves Real Estate in his own little way :)).

In recessionary situations, although salaries of most people does not go down but it is a fact that available liquidity does get sucked out of the system (classic happening in a recession) AND if you factor inflation (without a corresponding RISE in wages) - your net buying capacity does have an impact.

Finally, in these times - a classic problem is of reduced spending, one tends to save up for a rainy day - chances reduce that you will initiate a fresh loan to buy a property. But you may initiate a purchase if you have a pile of cash and you see a discounted property
    CommentQuote
  • That's precisely my point - for the people who joined the bandwagon without any intention of living in these houses (read:small time investors), they are just rent seekers who have probably taken the homes out of reach from their rightful owners. And the rightful owner is someone who can afford the homes without piling on excessive debt burden on himself - recession or not. And if a recession shakes away these small time punters, then so be it. The guy who can afford the house will buy it - with or without financing.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar

I think he meant - in the worst case scenario - if a guy loses his job, he would be more interested in preserving capital, rather than making a big ticket spend.
    CommentQuote