Collapse

3C Lotus Boulevard by The 3C Company in Sector 100, Noida

Last updated: 6 days ago
5426 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : 3C Lotus Boulevard by The 3C Company in Sector 100, Noida

BTW, what is the ideal ratio of no. of flats per lift.
    Any inputs from Manhanttan or HK?

Comment

Originally posted by dineshsays View Post
      Thanks Bhai - do note I am not recommending one project over the other or a builder over the other. This is written only so a very important aspect can be understood correctly.

The following is just something I feel is true on the ground.

Lets take a minute to talk about density.

Density - what is density - high density is a 'feeling' of being crowded. Other aspects of density are - high waiting time (for lifts), lesser facilities to share with more people, smaller personal areas, parking etc at a premium - you get the idea

Note very carefully - if you take high density 'literally' then - none of the above is true. What do I mean - look at areas of Kowloon in HK or Manhattan - FAR in some areas is 10-12 - in these pockets a person in a psf space is WAY higher than say Noida - BUT it does not appear that you are crowded - facilities dont come at a premium - still there is an abundance of green areas - i.e. you DONT get the feeling of BOXED IN

We discuss projects and talk of density because we know our builders and authorities cant even manage projects of low density and when the density will be high - the accompanying BAD things (high wait, strain on infra, poor parking, lack of water, lack of green spaces, lack of privacy etc etc) will rear their ugly heads - RIGHT

Net Net - its not HIGH density that is a problem (else NY, HK etc would be unliveable - and we know they are top cities of the world) - it is the side effects exacerbated by our builders and authorities lack of vision, being experts in cutting corners and general greed that we are worried about.

THAT my friend is how we should approach density and its effects on us on a day to day basis

Therefore we look at FAR as an indicator. Standalone - it does not mean a thing - BELIEVE ME. It is just an indicator of high density - NOT of how other aspects to reduce the effects of high density are mitigated. High FAR areas may be much better to live in low FAR areas with poor / crumbling infra (NA/DDA built up units or areas in Old Delhi as an example)

Still we know and believe all builders are greedy, will cut corners, will provide poor green areas, strained infra so high FAR = POOR Project

----

Ok - we need to buy a house to live in - we are middle class or upper class people and need to look at a 15 year horizon. Amongst other things we must ensure that it should have the lowest side effects of high density (not so much as not have high density as that is unavoidable in Noida)

Key things (adverse effects of high density in our Indian context):
      - Low wait time in lifts
      - Big rooms and homes (ideally)
      - Enough infra (abundant water, gas, electricity, good roads, sewerage handling, fire fighting)
      - Abundant parking
      - Enough green areas and lung space
      - Big enough club house
      - ideally good facilities for day to day commercials
      - Open spaces to look into

(Obviously there are other things like budget, nearness to schools, workplace etc - but I am only talking of how we should approach density in evaluating a buying decision)

How do we approach this for Wish Town since that is the question

First from an overall perspective the FAR for WT is 1.75 (roughly) as it was approved under the sports city scheme. Overall - imagine WT = 25 LBs placed side by side - it will have an overall built up area of 1.75/2.5 that of LB (I understand LB is a little more than 2.5 actually because it was a certified green building)

It is my opinion that we do NOT approach it from an overall perspective because as an individual in WT one will be subject to very different densities (or adverse effects of high density in the Indian context) - the above was still put out so we know upfront that overall FAR is low in WT

Lets approach it like this:

For LB for example, total area = carpet area of all flats + area for parking + society greens + club + sports areas + roads + commercials + society maintenance offices + service areas like (ESS + STP etc)

ALL of this in TOTAL within the boundaries will give a brief idea of density (harmful effects)

For WT, if we go into the individual project level then the thing to note is that a LOT of the total area lies OUTSIDE the specific project boundaries. For example - the club, sports areas, roads (part of), commercials, maintenance offices, service areas etc are 90% OUTSIDE the project boundaries

Therefore it is incorrect to say Orchards is highly dense - it may be a high density building cluster - but lets go back to our list and see that in the context of Orchards:

Key things (adverse effects of high density in our Indian context):
      - Low wait time in lifts - CHECK - each tower has 4 lifts
      - Big rooms and homes (ideally) - CHECK - minimum 3 BHKs - very big open rooms
      - Enough infra (abundant water, gas, electricity, good roads, sewerage handling, fire fighting) - CHECK - well lets hope so with so many promises on this account by JP
      - Abundant parking - CHECK - 2 floors of basement parking, reportedly space for 2 cars per house
      - Enough green areas and lung space - CHECK - despite not great cluster green space, WT has massive green areas and lung space that one wants on a day to day basis
      - Big enough club house - CHECK - not only does Orchards come with a very nice club of its own (really nice) but you have option to join potentially the best club in Noida. I dont want to start an LB vs Boomerang club discussion but Boomerang is a paid club - which is meant to be exclusive and high-end (see GN for example)
      - ideally good facilities for day to day commercials - CHECK - outside the periphery of Orchards - there is a plan for massive internal malls and commercials
      - Open spaces to look into - CHECK - front you have 2 km long views of the GC and reverse - no towers for 100s of meters (KB)

Finally - some debate of wether the Golf Course can be seen in the context of density.

Well - there are two aspects of the GC - one is usage as a golfer and second its addition as a great view and lung space. The second aspect is practically more applicable to the folks taking units around the GC

It is clear that people like me who play golf thank our lucky stars to have gotten the opportunity to have the chance to spend the few hours every other day in a place as tranquil as a properly manicured Golf Course. Make no mistake - for the golfers - it is sheer pleasure, sheer bliss

BUT that represents a very small (but rapidly increasing) population of people effected by a GC

For the people bothered about views - well lung space, green views IS VERY VERY important in de-densification. You do me a favour - go to Kalypso / Imperial - walk up 3-4 floors. Look out the balconies, drawing room and bedrooms. Tell me your breath wasn't taken away - brother, it is an awesome, therapeutic sight - it is a vastly different effect than say having a tower 25 meters away from you. So - the GC, whichever way you look at it has a very important role to play in reducing the ill-effects of high density

I'll be happy to take other views, but please keep an open minded view.

This is not about one project vs another, its just my thought of how density needs to be percieved in general and how it should be taken in the wishtown context and if at all the GC has any role to play in de-densification

For the record - I am very fond of 3C - I love their CRM - their speed is superb and the workmanship is excellent as well. I have personally worked in a few 3C commercials in Noida, I rue the missed chance to get in LB (yes we were getting group discounts at ridiculous prices - which have increased by a factor of 2.4).

Infact the owner is my batchmate in school
      Dinesh Sir,

ek baat bataao

I have seen JP WT main entry / exit gate ( near kalypso Tower 3 & 4 ), next to shipra plot. I have seen the internal roads etc as well

suppose - on this gate - there are 6-7 buffalows or broken down truck/tempo in the middle of road - just outside this main gate ...road which leads to expressway and underpass ....basically traffic JAM.......and there are serpant que of say just 150-200 cars coming out of WT ( out of thousands of cars within WT ) and many cars wants to enter from the same gate .....and you are stuck in between this jam...what are the alternate route to reach expressway, atta, Delhi etc ( discount bund road ) if you are stuck on this gate ( near kalypso) ?

-- would you go back inside WT ...all the way from kalypso > imperial > PC > KP1 & 2 plots dividing road then cross the WT using the bridge near ATS or there is another way ?

the reason i am asking bcoz i have seen long ques of cars stuck on the service lane going towards expressway - if this is the what it is today - what should i expect when there will be atleast 1.5 to 2 lacs cars inside WT ?

PS - i like short and crisp reply. ( aaj holi hai maaf kar dena :-)

regards
      sbajaj
      Last edited by sbajaj; March 27 2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nitin2376 View Post
        one more thing guys if i don own a car and want to commute to nearest metro station everyday via public transport like share auto or bus what are the options available at present in sector 100 as taking auto everyday for metro is not that cheap.
        At some point 3C was to start shuttle service to major location, I believe metro will qualify for a major location. How is that coming?

Comment

Re: 3C Lotus Boulevard

Originally posted by sbajaj View Post
          Dinesh Sir,

ek baat bataao

I have seen JP WT main entry / exit gate ( near kalypso Tower 3 & 4 ), next to shipra plot. I have seen the internal roads etc as well

suppose - on this gate - there are 6-7 buffalows or broken down truck/tempo in the middle of road - just outside this main gate ...road which leads to expressway and underpass ....basically traffic JAM.......and there are serpant que of say just 150-200 cars coming out of WT ( out of thousands of cars within WT ) and many cars wants to enter from the same gate .....and you are stuck in between this jam...what are the alternate route to reach expressway, atta, Delhi etc ( discount bund road ) if you are stuck on this gate ( near kalypso) ?

-- would you go back inside WT ...all the way from kalypso > imperial > PC > KP1 & 2 plots dividing road then cross the WT using the bridge near ATS or there is another way ?

the reason i am asking bcoz i have seen long ques of cars stuck on the service lane going towards expressway - if this is the what it is today - what should i expect when there will be atleast 1.5 to 2 lacs cars inside WT ?

PS - i like short and crisp reply. ( aaj holi hai maaf kar dena :-)

regards
          sbajaj
          You go back take next exit prior to Jaypee school. And get on expressway. There are to be 12-14 gates in WT.

ps There will NOT be anywhere close to 1.5 lak cars in WT. 40K residences...at MOST 80-85 K cars.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Ps and while I can discount bund road now..hv you seen it lately, its coming up as a fully developed 4 laned road virtually as a parallel expressway.

And what if I extend ur theory onto LBs main gate or any society u can think of. Are there any secret buffalo escape routes other builders hv thought of??

Comment

You go back take next exit prior to Jaypee school. And get on expressway. There are to be 12-14 gates in WT.

ps There will NOT be anywhere close to 1.5 lak cars in WT. 40K residences...at MOST 80-85 K cars.

Dinesh Sir,

-- 12-14 exits ? where are they ? I have seen only 2 and 3 towards main expressway .....am i missing something ?

-- I was told WT will house 50k flats + plotted development + villas + commercial + schools + college + malls + religious places + petrol pumps, paid sports facilities, hospitals etc etc .....above all - will provide passage from bund road towards core noida - which mean possible traffic movement from delhi towards noida.

Do you really think only 80-85k cars will be using WT infrastucture bcoz i don't think so.

seriously - am i missing something from the larger picture ?

regards
              sbajaj

Comment

Ps and while I can discount bund road now..hv you seen it lately, its coming up as a fully developed 4 laned road virtually as a parallel expressway.

And what if I extend ur theory onto LBs main gate or any society u can think of. Are there any secret buffalo escape routes other builders hv thought of??

Yes, I have seen bund road but i am talking about movement from WT towards expressway side ( not the back door one ).

it's not about escape routes - but about alternative routes - proper routes. cramped underpass and narrow service lane ( do not forget it will be used heavly once proposed commercial comes on E way ) - is this sufficient ?

i am not degrading WT or LB but seriously evaluating some investment options in noida.

would love to hear more to clear my doubts.

regards
                sbajaj

Comment

Dinesh Sir,

-- 12-14 exits ? where are they ? I have seen only 2 and 3 towards main expressway .....am i missing something ?

-- I was told WT will house 50k flats + plotted development + villas + commercial + schools + college + malls + religious places + petrol pumps, paid sports facilities, hospitals etc etc .....above all - will provide passage from bund road towards core noida - which mean possible traffic movement from delhi towards noida.

Do you really think only 80-85k cars will be using WT infrastucture bcoz i don't think so.

regards
                  sbajaj
                  Above are not inside wish town and hence will have entry and exit from outside only.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cookie View Post
                    Above are not inside wish town and hence will have entry and exit from outside only.
                    cookie bhai,

yaheen pe aap maat kha gayee.

everything is inside & part of WT.

regards
                    sbajaj

Comment

Dinesh Sir,

regards
                      sbajaj
                      6 exit to abhi hai. I can count fr you if ud like. 7 - 8 exits more planned....to slip road, almost direct on expressway, sector roads, bund road etc. I am certain you can find that out Bajaj Sir

I had hrd of 40k residences myself including plots etc. Perhaps I may be wrong but with an overall FAR of of 1.75 it will be about right. Most commercials, hotels etc will be on the periphery and will hv their own exits. Temples etc are all internal and I doubt ppl make WT a religious hotspot. Yes outside golfers may come ~ 20-25-50-100 cars a day

The hospital is also on sector road - while directly connected to WT but similarly connected on its own to the outside.

Passage from bund road to core noida???

Sir pls explain...why would anyone take bund road go to WT and the go to core noida. If coming ahead of WT (i.e from 93 side)...then ppl from bund road will be connected via sector road to clover leaf and then onto Noida.

Else ahead of that at most go via 127 where there is a direct connection ahead of Shipra plot to expressway slip road.

Why would anyone exit the bund road INTO WT for thoroughfare.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X