Hi,
I am looking to shift to Noida from Gurgaon. I have a builder floor in Gurgaon which I am planning to sell off. There are two reasons to move to Gurgaon are

1.looking for bigger/better RTM house which I do not think can come in Gurgaon in 1 CR budget

2.Current prospects of my job looks more in Noida than in Gurgaon

I have following going on and seeking an advise from senior guys

1. is it a nice/wise decision to move to Noida. will Gurgaon be the future of NCR and selling an house here will be a bad decision.

2.I have shorlisted 3c Lotus Boulevard Especia project in Noida. How is this project from location/metro/appriciation prospects. I know Possession is 1 year away but can manage on rent till then.

Please help!
Read more
44 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • set aside returns and oversupply for a moment.
    Living cost in Gurgaon is much higher ....
    CommentQuote
  • When i saw the title, I said, oh noo, another GGN Vs Noida bashing!!

I agree with that rent suggestion. Appreciation in GGN is better than Noida and hence rent will kill many birds in one stone. After 1 year in rent, you may change your mind and you have earned the difference in rent too!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by NoidaShift
    I am getting 5500 AI for Espacia from a broker for higher floors but have not gone yet for meeting as do not have the amount handy untill I sell the builder floor.

I see better prospects in Noida as office is going to be in greater noida soon. but I am double minded in terms of future prospects for myself and kids. As we all know that Gurgaon is almost out of reach today for RTM falts for sure. today I am having a small house here but the way Gurgaon RE pricing is going in another 4-5 years down the line it will be absoluetly impossible to buy a flat for a middle class person

Check with your broker again... is it 5500 AI or 5500 BSP..
    If its AI, then its a great deal... even I am looking to buy something..
    Would be willing to share broker details..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by maddy87
    Check with your broker again... is it 5500 AI or 5500 BSP..
    If its AI, then its a great deal... even I am looking to buy something..
    Would be willing to share broker details..

the rate quoted doesnt seem genuine to me...rates are between 5500-5800 bsp on average ...
    CommentQuote
  • In a market of oversupply; scent of cheque book breaks a lot of so called "market rates"
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abc111
    In a market of oversupply; scent of cheque book breaks a lot of so called "market rates"

Very true. When one is having Cash on the table, rates can be negotiated hard.
    CommentQuote
  • Originator of thread

are you staisfied now?????////////

still need suggestions/ideas?????????????????????
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by planner
    Originator of thread

are you staisfied now?????////////

still need suggestions/ideas?????????????????????

Yaar, na koi jhagda, na koi debate .... is se badiya advice aur kya hain?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sabmall
    INITIATOR OF THIS THREAD, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND !!!!!!!!

Your next Generations will curse you for this blunder you are Thinking of doing....

You want the reason.....here we go ::::

1. Planning to move from a Low rise (now extinct in NCR launches) to a High rise concrete jungle modern day chawl like the ones coming up in Noida !!!!!!.....Boss the day you see 3000 families in that 30 acre campus with facilities going for a toss.....then you will remember my words. FOR GODS sake...this is India...Not Dubai...or singapore....Builder will make a killing by charging Rs.2.50 psf and let 3000 families struggle

2. Your Builder floor will have Minimum loading...while these high rises are going to screw you by 30-35% loading. the psf price may seem less...but u are actually paying much much higher. Paying 5500 psf for this modern chawl with 30% loading....is studpidty. Better buy a rtm flat in Noida, delhi, etc with 15% loading and possibilties to expand..and pay 8-9k psf for them.

3. Look around my friend Out of many High rise projects launched in 2003-04 in Noida only 5-10% have any decent standards of maintenance. Rest 80% are crumbling....and they were far far less dense than existing ones. Just wait and watch...these super dense one a kind concrete jungles coming up in Noida will be an eye sore once they are 4-5 yr old with 70% occupancy....Mark my words.

4. Club, swimming pool ????....Hello visit any old project and see.. One decent size club and pool for 200-400 families. These projects in Noida have 3000-4000 flats...10 times more people..but their club is just 4-5 times
    Bigger. And Lifts are same !!!!!!!!

5. Let me not even start on parking issues. Half of these investors dont even have a god damn clue how many car parkings in these societies.
    if 4000 flats...then there should be at least 10000 parking space....to avoid parking mess in future.

Now go and find out the parking space in Huge mall like GIP and Ambience, to get an idea...what is the importance of car parking numbers

6. These flats have low ceiling height...basically builder fooled these people talking truckload of shit about green concept, when in fact he cleverly saved brick and cement work worth crores.

7. 100-150 families in One building with 2-3 lifts.....Present societies have 20-40 flats with 2 lifts and even they are not happy !!!!!!

8. You are asking the people who have already been fooled by builders and brokers by selling them a dream...and they are clinging hard to it. They will only wake up once they see 1000 families hanging clothes to dry in their balconies right in front of their tower.

9. and MIND YOU....These concrete JUNGLES are not all over NCR...but ONLY IN NOIDA....ONLY IN NOIDA.....Which is run by most corrupt authority totally under control of builder. They will every week give a proposal to fool the buyers...who will think.....2-3 years more...and we will have best of everything....Hello....wake up...This drama is going on for past 10 years....even now....Noida expressway is not safe to drive alone at night....has no public transport....has no facilities..only a road which is getting more and more congested...

10. Floor area ratio of noida is highest in NCR and its expected to go up even further in coming 1-2 years.
    and mind you, builder can bribe and make more than officially permitted.
    so 3.5 in reality will be 3.8 and maybe even 4 in some cases.

11. Security Issues....Noida has Major security issues thanks to Babu raj and one of worst police in NCR. Now people will jump and say....delhi is not even safe.....but deep down they also know...the difference. Its evident the moment you enter Noida. Traffic sense is zero, autowalas and buswalas are goons and you can break red lights, go in wrong direction...right in front of ssp office...no problem

12. Hard water....water of noida is pathetic....thuroid problems and many skin and hair issues.
    Gadgets get screwed like geysers, a.c, r.o plants, etc

13. Low standard of crowd.....far far lower than Gurgaon..ANYDAY....just visit any gurgaon mall and see the crowd and come to noida and see.
    count the number of showrooms of High end brands, showrooms, restuarants and you will know yourself.

Dont be fooled by crowd number in sector 18 or GIP.....a very high percentage of them are from East delhi areas.

14. Future is Very Very bad.....concrete jungles....no ACTUAL plans to improve infrastructure...only paper projects to fool buyers to buy garbage from builders.
    All concrete jungles concentrated together will make Indirapuram seem like an open garden...just wait and watch

15. Office spaces in Noida are not being leased out like in Gurgaon. Gurgaon will remain No.1 destination for MNCs for next 10-15 years EASILY

16. 90% of buyers in Noida have bought as they cannot afford anywhere else....no choice...but u have a house in Gurgaon...HOLD ON TO IT......Let me ASSURE YOU....In next 15-20 years....You can always sell in Gurgaon and buy in Noida....But never be able to sell in Noida and buy in Gurgaon

17. If Noida becomes 10k psf....Gurgaon will be 15-20k psf.Guaranteed. Had Noida offering better quality houses than Gurgaon..then also one can think for a second....But the thing is that All these societies in Noida (Super Dense) will be MOST DENSE in entire NCR and we all know that high density in india means....POOR STANDARD AND QUALITY of life......

18: Noida inspite of a better start than gurgaon has completely gone for a toss...thanks to corruption and greed of UP Netas and Babus...who are known all over India for their crap.

Gurgaon inspite of bad planning and start thanks to efforts of DLF and MNCs have started correcting its mistakes and improving

In future...while Gurgaon infra will get better....Noida will crumble

I can assure you thanks to High density....these noida sectors will have 10-12 hr power cuts....water issues...parking issues...complete mess

19. The locals of Noida have becomes very confrontational...and will be a huge problem for next many years. Nowhere in NCR you have agitations by Locals like you have in Noida. This will create big social issues in future.
    law and order problems will come up. Land acquiaition cases will continue for next 8-10 years easily (civil cases)...and farmers will be in confrontational mood...specially around election time

20. DONOT MAKE A BLUNDER....Live on rent in Noida....come on....use common sense....there are 5 lakh flats under construction in this region.
    and all of them high density...meaning....one a kind (in negative way) in NCR. THERE IS A HUGE DEMAND AND SUPPLY MISMATCH...HUGE....

every project RTM means addition of thousands......huge supply....rentals will come down.....investors will face tough time to exit at their expected rates......

DONOT BUY IN NOIDA.....TAKE ON RENT....

DO NOT BUY....

Noida is for people who cannot afford in Delhi or Gurgaon.

They have no choice...whatever the builder will throw at them....they will accept.....no choice....as selling it means....nowhere to go except ghaziabad or greater noida

Which is another story

Zohaib Bhai Thanks for your personal views...
    I can say you have half-cooked knowledge about Gurgaon.
    CommentQuote
  • Correct, stayed GGN for 5 years, similar or more worst issues faced there as well... difficult to decide...

Originally Posted by cookie
    Zohaib Bhai Thanks for your personal views...
    I can say you have half-cooked knowledge about Gurgaon.
    CommentQuote
  • What PROBLEM this guy sabmall a.k.a Zohaib has with Noida? He used to bash Gr Noida before and now has come down to Noida too. The problems that he mentions about Noida are experienced all over India and not only in Noida. Good thing that he will be banned soon as usual...
    CommentQuote
  • Na na bhai, Ban nahi.. Zohaib bhai to kabhi nahi, Kabir Das ji Said-

निन्दक नियरे राखिये, आंगन कुटी छवाय, बिन पानी-साबुन बिना, निर्मल करे सुभाय

"NINDAK NIYARE RAKHIYE, ANGAN KUTI CHHAWAY.
    BIN PANI SABUN BINA, NIRMAL KARAI SUBHAY."

Keep your critic close to you. Give him a cottage near your house because he purifies you without soap and water. :)

Originally Posted by raj009
    What PROBLEM this guy sabmall a.k.a Zohaib has with Noida? He used to bash Gr Noida before and now has come down to Noida too. The problems that he mentions about Noida are experienced all over India and not only in Noida. Good thing that he will be banned soon as usual...
    CommentQuote
  • Sorry but Kabir Das ji's doha doesn't fit here as he is not criticizing us, the members of this forurm, but the area and authority. I am sure decision makers in authority are not going to read this thread and doha that you quoted here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raj009
    Sorry but Kabir Das ji's doha doesn't fit here as he is not criticizing us, the members of this forurm, but the area and authority. I am sure decision makers in authority are not going to read this thread and doha that you quoted here.

He is indeed criticizing people(gentry) of Noida. I guess you didn't read the the entire post..I know its boring..:D
    CommentQuote
  • Bhai like Cookie said, if he would have lived in GGN or any Indian city out of Noida/GN then criticism would start from that point.. no hard feeling..
    Kabir ji ke dohe to humne bachpan me pade the, ye aaj bhi utne hi valuable and refrencial hai jitne shayad 500 saal pehle the.. :)
    Anyways I think we are deviating from essence of this thread..

Originally Posted by raj009
    Sorry but Kabir Das ji's doha doesn't fit here as he is not criticizing us, the members of this forurm, but the area and authority. I am sure decision makers in authority are not going to read this thread and doha that you quoted here.
    CommentQuote