Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf course property - safety from "Golf Ball" ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Golf course property - safety from "Golf Ball" ?

Last updated: March 5 2013
37 | Posts
3825 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf course property - safety from "Golf Ball" ?

Pardon my stupid Questions but very keen to know about this.

I would like to know how safe is Golf course living.

1) Hypothetical example - Jaypee Kalypso - I have seen the under construction front lawns of kalypso towers which is meant for recreational activities like jogging/meditation/kids play area/swimming pool etc etc........now this is not far off from main golf course ( i think not even few meters). These lawns will be used from 10:00am till 10:00pm (approx) by small kids, women, elderly people etc etc (just like in typical society)........ When people are playing golf ....chances of golf ball flying into these lawns & hitting anyone of them are very high.....THIS COULD BE SERIOUS bcoz when travelling fast ......golf course ball will be more dangerous than flying cricket ball.

2) Balcony - Chances are less compare to my first point but golf course ball can damage the glasses of these flats or hit someone who is just standing in the balcony ( at least from for 1st to 15th floor IMO) again if that happen .....Consequences will be damaging.

-- What kind of safety builders are providing in above cases? And how practical & safe it is to live in a golf course property?

Please share your thought process.

regards
    sbajaj

Re : Golf course property - safety from "Golf Ball" ?

Bhai...nets to honge hee. Waise bhee golf is game for old people with less swinging power...haha

Rest, sue them and enjoy or worst wear helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by sbajaj View Post

1) Hypothetical example - Jaypee Kalypso - I have seen the under construction front lawns of kalypso towers which is meant for recreational activities like jogging/meditation/kids play area/swimming pool etc etc........now this is not far off from main golf course ( i think not even few meters). These lawns will be used from 10:00am till 10:00pm (approx) by small kids, women, elderly people etc etc (just like in typical society)........ When people are playing golf ....chances of golf ball flying into these lawns & hitting anyone of them are very high.....THIS COULD BE SERIOUS bcoz when travelling fast ......golf course ball will be more dangerous than flying cricket ball.

2) Balcony - Chances are less compare to my first point but golf course ball can damage the glasses of these flats or hit someone who is just standing in the balcony ( at least from for 1st to 15th floor IMO) again if that happen .....Consequences will be damaging.

-- What kind of safety builders are providing in above cases? And how practical & safe it is to live in a golf course property?

regards
      sbajaj
      The golf courses in city areas has very tall nets for safety.
      Last edited February 28 2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

All Non GC property will start trading in premium in relation to GC.....

On a serious note i agree to sbajaj concerns. Do we have any other example of similar RTM property as a case study....

Comment

-- Nowdays even in schools kids are taught how to play golf ...is it a old men game ????? ...i don't think so. concept of golf course living will further boost the number of people taking up golf just bcoz it's right there.

-- Nets - How high they are ? 10 feet - 30 feet - 50 feet ??????? A golf ball can fly higher than that.

where are the golf experts ????

regards
          sbajaj

Comment

Make it mandatory to play Golf with Soft Tennis Ball.

Comment

IMHO, you tee-off from a particular end of a Golf Course and continue playing through the centre of the course. Normally, you shouldn't hit at the back from the tee-off point.

Disclaimer: I've never played or watched Golf even on telly.

Comment

Re: Golf course property - safety from "Golf Ball" ?

Out of station Bajaj Sir. When back I will explain.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

This is a valid question in any Gated Golf-centric complex. While I am no authority on the subject , let me try to explain the usual practice:

Golf course architects have to pay particular attention to the aspect of the danger posed by flying balls to
                  a) other golfers and property within the course
                  b) people, buildings and cars outside the course

The second point is being discussed here since there are lots of houses in close proximity to the golf course.

Every golf course has a set of 'tees' from where players tee-off i.e. hit the first shot of a hole. The alignment of these tees will be usually done in such a way that they face away from habitation and from where it will be practically impossible to hit a ball into a populated area. (The most dicey tees are the ones which are along the perimeter of a golf course, from where a ball which is intended to go straight takes a route to the left or right instead :-) )

To manage the risk of shots going astray, tall nets are also used. You may see these nets installed at many Golf Courses.

Last of all, if there is a high likelihood of a shot from a particular part of the golf course finding its way into someone's home, the Golf Course will simply prohibit play from that area and enforce it by displaying prominent warnings and having a Guard/marshal to ensure compliance.

Originally posted by sbajaj View Post

regards
                  sbajaj

Comment

"Tee off from a safe distance where it's practically impossible to hit a ball into a populated area" ???????????????????????

I am sorry .......but this golf course is surrounded by hundreds of flats from all direction ( in fact there are houses in the middle of the golf course :-) - how will you achieve the above statement ?

Tall nets - can anyone pls share the picture? how tall they are ? are they transparent or like cricket nets ?

Ground marshal / warning etc - I don't think amateur player (that too Indian) will give any serious thought to warning while playing.

can someone share there experience with such societies in India ( Gurgaon folks ? )

regards
                    sbajaj

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X