Hi All,

I am living in US and want to know about Amrapali Sapphire Phase II project which is in sector 45 Noida. I have heard that the phase-I of this project is sold out and the phase II has already 90% sold. Has anyone booked anything there ? If yes please share your thoughts. I am planning to buy a 3bhk (3b3T-1640 Sq Ft) and want to get some reviews from you experts. I am interested in this project because i think the sector 45 location is very nice, please correct me if i am wrong. I can not personally visit the site so your feedback is very important to me.

How is the quality of work of Amrapali projectcs? has anyone had any personal experience with them? How safe is it to invest in this project?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Read more
1273 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • It seems builder is refusing to pay penalty
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nitin707
    It seems builder is refusing to pay penalty

Any reason behind it?
    CommentQuote
    It seems builder is refusing to pay penalty

I guess they will adjust that at the time of possession. What is the source of your info ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shaitaan
    I guess they will adjust that at the time of possession. What is the source of your info ?

They said they will adjust in other charges at the time of possession but now they are refusing that also. Indian Oil group has gone to Customer Court and builder is issued with showcase notice.

by the way if you have booked a flat there, you can try yourself. As per their BBA, they have to pay penalty monthly which they are not paying.
    CommentQuote
    They said they will adjust in other charges at the time of possession but now they are refusing that also. Indian Oil group has gone to Customer Court and builder is issued with showcase notice.

by the way if you have booked a flat there, you can try yourself. As per their BBA, they have to pay penalty monthly which they are not paying.

Thanks for the information.

Are they getting possession of PH-1 towers.? Mine is in PH-2. As per agreement it is Rs. 10/-.

I will definitely contact builder for the same.
    CommentQuote

Once I said jokingly that Amrapali would give " GHANTA penalty" that seems true.

FATICHAR Bhai.... your comments please..:)
    CommentQuote
  • If the news is true, then your prediction has come true. Although it would be a case of 'andhe ke hath bater lag gaya' ;) rather than experience, coz the same Amrapali has given penalty in Platinum.

Anyway, if Amrapali wins in court, it will encourage all other builders to follow suit.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fatichar
    If the news is true, then your prediction has come true. Although it would be a case of 'andhe ke hath bater lag gaya' ;) rather than experience, coz the same Amrapali has given penalty in Platinum.

Anyway, if Amrapali wins in court, it will encourage all other builders to follow suit.

Builder Loses or wins that is different thing...
    why builder forces the buyers to go to court?

Experience toh ye bhi kehta hai ki Unitech bhi penalty deti hai.... but that penalty is nothing.
    CommentQuote
  • If penalty clause exists in BBA - Builder has to pay today or, at later date (before possesion - adjusted with the final amount to be paid by the buyer). Where is the confusion.... are we in a lawless country / State (run by Haath-chhap/Cycle-chhap) ??? Moreover, this is not the first and last of the Project... the builder is aware that his Brand will nose-dive in todays well connected social media.

These are all positive words - hope the code of ethics prevails in Builder. Till then

Originally Posted by fatichar
    If the news is true, then your prediction has come true. Although it would be a case of 'andhe ke hath bater lag gaya' ;) rather than experience, coz the same Amrapali has given penalty in Platinum.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by HARmu1968
    If penalty clause exists in BBA - Builder has to pay today or, at later date (before possesion - adjusted with the final amount to be paid by the buyer). Where is the confusion.... are we in a lawless country / State (run by Haath-chhap/Cycle-chhap) ??? Moreover, this is not the first and last of the Project... the builder is aware that his Brand will nose-dive in todays well connected social media.

These are all positive words - hope the code of ethics prevails in Builder. Till then

A builder can't say no if penalty clause is there in PAL / BBA. He can only refuse / avoid penalty for those units where the delayed payments were made, even by couple of days....., but for all those who are disciplined in clearing their dues on time, the builder don't have any option.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dabbu73
    A builder can't say no if penalty clause is there in PAL / BBA. He can only refuse / avoid penalty for those units where the delayed payments were made, even by couple of days....., but for all those who are disciplined in clearing their dues on time, the builder don't have any option.

delaying payment for months is one thing ans for a week or two is another

and anyhow, buolder will calcilate delayed payment interest @18% and also the late possession @10psf the difference will decide whether he has to pay or receive money.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by expressway16
    delaying payment for months is one thing ans for a week or two is another

and anyhow, buolder will calcilate delayed payment interest @18% and also the late possession @10psf the difference will decide whether he has to pay or receive money.

That is the ideal case but however in reality, the way BBA / PAL are designed, interest on delayed payment and penalty for delay in possession are separate clauses without any relation to each other and penalty is only applicable if timely payments. So if a builder wants (typically a B/c/d grade ones), then he can not only charge for delayed payments but also refuse the applicability of penalty. And in most of the cases this is only the reason, which is also legally correct as the buyer is signatory to BBA.

Otherwise can you imagine with the kind of stakes involved, these builders can afford to say no for something given in writing......... and that too after having such a media involvement and easy/simple legal recourse available through consumer courts....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dabbu73
    That is the ideal case but however in reality, the way BBA / PAL are designed, interest on delayed payment and penalty for delay in possession are separate clauses without any relation to each other and penalty is only applicable if timely payments. So if a builder wants (typically a B/c/d grade ones), then he can not only charge for delayed payments but also refuse the applicability of penalty. And in most of the cases this is only the reason, which is also legally correct as the buyer is signatory to BBA.

Otherwise can you imagine with the kind of stakes involved, these builders can afford to say no for something given in writing......... and that too after having such a media involvement and easy/simple legal recourse available through consumer courts....

doston piyush group ka malik aise hee ander nahi gaya....offcourse BBA had some clauses like penalty etc but builder didnt pay
    CommentQuote
  • i want to buy a flat in amrapali sapphire 1600 sqft size . please contact me or message me
    CommentQuote
  • But how to ensure that you get your genuine due? After issue of Possession Letter the ball is in your court and demanding the penalty alone is something to think twice - unless you are from a NEFOMA sort of body to push the cause. It is difficult to fight with the might of the builder. Jiski laathi uski *****. :bab (58): :bab (22):

Originally Posted by dabbu73

CommentQuote