I am thinkng of gettng my housing loan approved from icici bank !!
Do they have any hidden charges ? Do they create any problems in disbursing the amount ??
Any personal experience would be helpful !
They are charging 10.25% interest ! And .5% processng fee
Read more
32 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Tumhaare din badalne waalen hain.

:-)

Regards
    sbajaj
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by DareDevil11
    Do they have any hidden charges ? Do they create any problems in disbursing the amount ??

theres should not be any processing fee..pls check
    CommentQuote
  • I did do a couple of loans from them - but I just found them extremely and totally unprofessional - devoid of any customer centricity. Had an even worse experience with LIC. I found Union Bank and Axis quite good and HDFC somewhere in between.

Just my own experience - but ICICI really sucked. Dont ask why I still did a 'couple' there

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • What kind of problems can i face ?
    I will call up hdfc and axis tommrw !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gaurav44
    theres should not be any processing fee..pls check

They told me that they will charge .5% of the loan amount as processing fee ! I think almost evry bank charges processing fee ! Isnt it ?
    CommentQuote
  • Avoid ICICI if you can.

Originally Posted by DareDevil11
    CommentQuote
  • Worst
    CommentQuote
  • avoid ICICI
    YOU re saying 10.25 + 0.5 = 10.75 % which is very high
    CommentQuote
  • also except intrest rate i will say avoid icici
    go for HDFC AXIS

IF u can go for psu go for SBI, BOB, PNb
    CommentQuote
  • thodi si mehnat kar lo...kahin aur se le lo ... ICICI is impossible ... besharam to the core
    CommentQuote
  • All private banks are the same and you can not compare which is the biggest "chor". Its like finding a good non corrupt politician in India. You will find interest rates and processing fee for most of them same. I had 2 loans, 1 of them closed now from Axis and other from ICICI. I also consider ICICI to be useless but incidentally that was the most hassle free loan I ever took.
    Check for any rates/charges on pre-payment or pre-closure and then compare. If you can take the hassles of running from pole to pillar for sarkari babus then nothing like sarkari banks.
    CommentQuote
  • Axis Bank experiance is not good while you do a closure/pre-payment. They misplaced my original documents due to which I could not close my loan for alomost a month.they asked me to bear the extra emi's during loan closure- which i refused & really had to fight with their RAC to get the reversal done....I would not suggest axis

I got it now done for a new loan from HDFC. they visited my place 2-3 time to collect all documents. took 15-20 days to complete the entire formality. had to just go once to their RAC for taking disbursement cheque. Overall satisfied as of yet... rest will depend on how they vary the ROI in future...got a deal at 10.40% with flat processing fee of 11k.

Citibank & StanC are offering home loan wherein if you park your extra S/B Cash then they do not charge interest on the amount parked by you. For e.g. you take loan of 30lacs...and you park your extra savings of 5 lacs in their SB account..then they charge interest on 25 & not 30..
    CommentQuote
  • i went for hdfc, purely because they had tranche emi option which no one else did...this was 8 months back....
    CommentQuote
  • Thanku evry1 for your inputs !
    CommentQuote
  • icici is worst , i can say on account of my friend's experience. I loaned from bank of baroda, and has been good experience so far.
    CommentQuote