Requesting a wise advise from the experts...
Im 25 years old, working in merchant navy and earning around 17 lacs/7 month contract. Sea experience of 5 years.
I have few option in front of me for end use's prospect:
Criteria of 3 bhk, around 1600 sq. ft fully or semi furnished. Monthly spenditure arnd 10000 from my pocket. Current bank balance= arnd 10 lacs as of today.
1. opt for rtm property in Noida ( specs as above) on loan and pre pay the loan as fast as possible.
2. Opt for newly lauched project( can wait 3 years) with minimum loan.
3. Buy a residential land in dehradun (arnd 600-700 sq yard for 60-70 lacs) and built my own dream house.
4. Wait for few more years saving as much as possible and then purchasing a RTM.
Metro, sez, and all non present thing doesn't matter to me.

I am currently out of India, so havent visited any construction site.
Guess footwork will start after oct this year.
Read more
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Bhai logon koi hai
    CommentQuote
  • Your thread needs a better title for responses.
    CommentQuote
  • What is the purpose of purchase?

Investment? or End use?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guptsha
    What is the purpose of purchase?

Investment? or End use?

For end use
    CommentQuote
  • If u want a peaceful life then i would advice u to go for a big size plot in dehradhun and build ur dream home
    CommentQuote
  • Keep pouring in IREFiets
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by psgpraveen

4. Wait for few more years saving as much as possible and then purchasing a RTM.
    Metro, sez, and all non present thing doesn't matter to me.

Dear Praveen , Just wait for 1.5 year by that time mostly projects will be delivered and due to over supply and no buyers in market there will be price correction and you will get lot of RTM options at best negotiable price.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by DareDevil11
    If u want a peaceful life then i would advice u to go for a big size plot in dehradhun and build ur dream home

I agree with you. if you require peace of mind then its always better to stay in smaller town
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Praveen,

Do you envisage working in Noida in future?

If yes then wait for 1 to 1.5 years and buy apartment in Noida after expected price correction.

If no. Why do you want to live in Noida? Noida does not has best social infrastructure or law & order in India. Buy land in Dehradun(or any other small town) and n'joy life.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by guptsha
    Dear Praveen,

Do you envisage working in Noida in future?

If yes then wait for 1 to 1.5 years and buy apartment in Noida after expected price correction.

If no. Why do you want to live in Noida? Noida does not has best social infrastructure or law & order in India. Buy land in Dehradun(or any other small town) and n'joy life.

I am not and never will be working in around Noida.
    My maximum relatives are here in Delhi and ncr region.
    Ok so the option of buying a land will be a better one...
    And adding to this will it be better for me to take loan now and buy the land or wait and increase the in hand cash as soon as possible.
    Because the rate of land is around 1.2-1.5 crore per 1000 sq yard and im planning to buy around 600 sq yard.
    CommentQuote