Posting an Example on How a Simple Systematic approach can Help you Buy a Home for your family with your Hard Earned Money and make an informed decision rather than falling over each other for Discounts and Freebies and so called ''once in a Lifetime offer'', marketing and media gimmicks and then repenting forever

The example in (pdf) is for a Project in Gnoida, and this was prepared by our Young Executive for a client, after doing ground work at Site, Using Simple Online Tools and following the Data Checklist that was provided to him.
This is just a draft Briefing and not a Final report, hence there may be some mistakes.

One can prepare his own checklist by using this one as a reference.

I cannot provide the complete Data sheets, for obvious reasons...but am Posting Simple Calculators , which can be used by Buyers.

There are 2 Attachments:

1. Draft Briefing of a Project in pdf - Just an example on how one can approach

2. Simple Excel Calculator (Protected where they should be)- where you can enter values and make estimations
This Excel Sheet has 3 Tabs with Various Simple yet Helpful Calculations

PS: It took our exec. to prepare this draft Briefing in just 6-7 days with 3 days on Site, 2 meetings with Builder office (asking RELEVANT Questions) , and 2 days Using Online Tools and other computer related work.
Total Hours Put in: Not more than 28-30 Hrs.

He is Very young and hardly has any experience in RE.
He simply followed the Checklist and entered what he found out through site visits, online tools, Builder office meetings, etc

I am mentioning this as I have noticed that Many Buyers specially the Young Ones, somehow find some excuse, etc (like we are not experienced, we dont know, etc) and allowing themselves to fall into traps of Builder.
If this young Exec. could do in 28-30 hrs, then I guess Any young person with systematic approach can do this in 40-45 hrs.

I am sure all will agree, that for the most expensive thing you will Buy with your hard earned money, its Hardly anything.

The idea is Not to JUDGE a Project, but to create a Platform FOR COMPARISON

No Project is Perfect...but you can always Grade them AFTER Doing proper research and analysis, and select the Best one for yourself.

If Members and Mods find this Helpful then they can make this a Sticky.

Enjoy !

ATTACHMENTS:

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=31396

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=31398
Read more
41 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Good tools. Although this has been posted on the forum numerous times, people are more likely to use the ready made tools.

In the third tab, looks like you are comparing down payment plan to loan. That's apples to oranges. Loan should be compared with "self fund", using the same payment plan, say DP. So the discount (12%) would be applicable even in case of loan.

- tapatalk free
    CommentQuote
  • The purpose of that tab...is so that people know that there is a Difference between Interest rates charged for Home loan
    and Interest paid in FDs (no tds).

Also Discount offered in DP is already accounted for in that calculation sheet...you can make it zero...or 10%-12%-15%...as per offer by builder

it will give you net result....so one can see whats the difference

I know not one or two but dozens of people who have done this very happily for years...and benefited in long run.

Those who dont want....their money...their call

At least knowing a tactic and rejecting for some reason is FAR FAR BETTER than Not knowing at all !!!!!

And for Dodos who want ready made solutions without actual ground work and ignoring Basics....MY GUARANTEE....You will be taken for a ride...one day.....For Sure.......

In my RE experience of nearly 15 years...I have witnessed many people making Blunders and repenting each and every day even after years....Just because..they DIDNT do Ground work...and they IGNORED the basics of Real Estate
    CommentQuote
  • Very good post == Super like it.

Ground work means ????/

Also tell us Basics of Real Estate. === Take time.

But this thread will really be useful for many of us.

I don't Like downpayment option because -- Pay all the money and wait on his mercy. If project gets delayed then...............

Anyway, Again thanks to you for your good work.
    Dil Chahta hai aapke haath chum loon --- Kidhar hain aapke haath?????
    CommentQuote
  • If you are able to answer the questions in the checklists posted ...then i guess you have done most of the Ground work expected of a New buyer.

Go through the pdf and excel sheet...I guess it will answer many of your queries
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by planner
    Very good post == Super like it.

Ground work means ????/

Also tell us Basics of Real Estate. === Take time.

But this thread will really be useful for many of us.

I don't Like downpayment option because -- Pay all the money and wait on his mercy. If project gets delayed then...............

Anyway, Again thanks to you for your good work.
    Dil Chahta hai aapke haath chum loon --- Kidhar hain aapke haath?????

I hope that people can use such simple tools BEFORE they buy Property

It just takes 7-8 days of Effort...thats all....

CommentQuote
  • took me few mins to calculate loading myself using floor plan. Better than asking brokers who have standard answer. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the nice tools. Just one question:

You have added Balcony area as well in carpet area. Should not that be excluded? Or at least give it 50% weight age. These days builders are giving even 30% area as balconies and most of it is useless.
    CommentQuote
  • balcony area should be added as per our preference. But not 0%, it is not a useless area. 50% should be fine.

- tapatalk free
    CommentQuote
  • We can take in balcony in our room as well and make room size big or make seperate store, etc with, little expense later on, but very possible. I have almost everywhere, alumium or upvc work is required. Maybe 30-40,000 per balcony
    CommentQuote
  • Balcony add pr substract....Your wish....

loading more than 30% is OPEN LOOT !!!!

You will be paying for ''VIRTUAL Property or simply AIR'' for whatever is in excess of 30% loading

PS: 30 % IS LIMIT.....Not good
    CommentQuote
  • That is one hell of a list... never ever came to mind about so many parameters while looking for a property... very very helpful! Its a pity people would just fall for 100/- psf less without considering builder/loading etc... a real eye opener ...thanks a ton!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zohaib2012
    Balcony add pr substract....Your wish....

loading more than 30% is OPEN LOOT !!!!

You will be paying for ''VIRTUAL Property or simply AIR'' for whatever is in excess of 30% loading

PS: 30 % IS LIMIT.....Not good

Congrats for ur old id. Ye kaise hua bhai? Apki posts to groundfact id se posted thi; old id mein kaise aa gayin?
    CommentQuote
  • I don't think that purvanchal will allow any modification in that.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zohaib2012
    Posting an Example on How a Simple Systematic approach can Help you Buy a Home for your family with your Hard Earned Money and make an informed decision rather than falling over each other for Discounts and Freebies and so called ''once in a Lifetime offer'', marketing and media gimmicks and then repenting forever

The example in (pdf) is for a Project in Gnoida, and this was prepared by our Young Executive for a client, after doing ground work at Site, Using Simple Online Tools and following the Data Checklist that was provided to him.
    This is just a draft Briefing and not a Final report, hence there may be some mistakes.

One can prepare his own checklist by using this one as a reference.

I cannot provide the complete Data sheets, for obvious reasons...but am Posting Simple Calculators , which can be used by Buyers.

There are 2 Attachments:

1. Draft Briefing of a Project in pdf - Just an example on how one can approach

2. Simple Excel Calculator (Protected where they should be)- where you can enter values and make estimations
    This Excel Sheet has 3 Tabs with Various Simple yet Helpful Calculations

PS: It took our exec. to prepare this draft Briefing in just 6-7 days with 3 days on Site, 2 meetings with Builder office (asking RELEVANT Questions) , and 2 days Using Online Tools and other computer related work.
    Total Hours Put in: Not more than 28-30 Hrs.

He is Very young and hardly has any experience in RE.
    He simply followed the Checklist and entered what he found out through site visits, online tools, Builder office meetings, etc

I am mentioning this as I have noticed that Many Buyers specially the Young Ones, somehow find some excuse, etc (like we are not experienced, we dont know, etc) and allowing themselves to fall into traps of Builder.
    If this young Exec. could do in 28-30 hrs, then I guess Any young person with systematic approach can do this in 40-45 hrs.

I am sure all will agree, that for the most expensive thing you will Buy with your hard earned money, its Hardly anything.

The idea is Not to JUDGE a Project, but to create a Platform FOR COMPARISON

No Project is Perfect...but you can always Grade them AFTER Doing proper research and analysis, and select the Best one for yourself.

If Members and Mods find this Helpful then they can make this a Sticky.

Enjoy !

ATTACHMENTS:

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=31396

https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=31398

excel file is not working for me, can you check if it is working?
    CommentQuote
  • Its working on my comp....strange ! Could be difference in excel version ?
    CommentQuote