I rate them as numbered below:

1. Lotus blvd

Plus: a) Most likely to deliver, b) Good quality likely in first project, c) Very good linkage of payment to construction d) Has commercial tower (?)

Negative: a) Far from expressway, b)Expensive, c) Not so great location

2. Jaypee Kosmos

Plus: a) Fantastic location b) 20% or more cheaper than the rest c) Will release commercial property in the project

Negative: a) Delivery problems probable in case of down turn b) Very front loaded construction linkage (suspicious) c) Nebulous linkage to Mayavati's future

3. Gardenia glory

Plus: a) Nothing much

Negative: a) Same problems as Lotus without the plus points

4. Amrapali Saphire

Plus: a) Nothing much

Negative: a) Juggis nearby (? in sector 70 not this one) b) More expensive than Lotus and Gardenia c) Probably sold out (?)

5. Divine meadows

Plus: a) Fantastic location, even better than Kosmos

Negative: a) Unknown builder

I have put a (?) next to points I am not sure about, or gleaned from reading your discussions. If anyone else has any more points to add, please do so (perhaps try cut paste from my post to make it easy)

Also, please rank them according to your own rating. And add projects of similar cost and location on expressway, if any more are there.

Thanks, Venkat
Read more
24 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Agree with all the above with an added point about Divine Meadows - I spoke with the owner's son few months ago when they were in soft launch phase, they've constructed royal towers in sector 61 - the finish of the same is not great - plaster is peeling off the external walls ..... so builder is known, but of medium quality.
    CommentQuote
  • just wondering why is 3C location not good. I have been there and it seems alright to me... It is 1-1.5 km from n-GN expressway but that is not really a bad thing... it is still closer to Noida and Delhi than 93B and other projects. Wondering what do ppl feel?
    CommentQuote
  • i too think 3C location is good and better then others, its at central location. Good 2 side connectivity from Dadri and N-GN expressway.

Really surprised by Venkytalks view over this.
    CommentQuote
  • within the list venky has drawn, 3C and Gardenia are both 'relatively' far from the expressway ...
    CommentQuote
  • vaibhav - that is question? Is 'relatively' far bad enough? Does a project have to be right next to the expressway? I know it is personal preference afterall but juest wanted to get a sense of what the general opinion is.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for input, finding nemo, Vaibhav and mav.

Lotus may be a better location for people working in NOIDA for 2 side connectivity. I am from South Delhi and find the expressway more approachable.

My point about location is from investment standpoint. Jaypee and Divine meadows are close to business hubs, proposed metro and lots of commercial property. That will provide an upside from investment standpoint.

Lotus may be a quiet place for people to live, far from traffic and noise. But no "location" related premium for the buyer. There will be no appreciation because the area develops, unlike Jaypee.

I still rate Lotus the top, Gardenia and Amrapali Saphire are close by.

Jaypee is high risk high reward kind of investment.

I have decided to wait and watch for one month.
    CommentQuote
  • 3C - Lotus Boulevard is just less then 1.5 kms from the Express Highway, with a very nice 6 lane road connecting it.

Just 1.5kms, people in developed countries travel 100 miles daily for work on a average. It takes i think 2 - 3 minutes to reach from expressway highway to 3C location. I am amazed to hear that its far away to cost premium with respect to other builders. NO WAY. I think its better located (rather then sayin its located far :-) )
    CommentQuote
  • Jaypee is going to set the standards for this area, not 3C, from valuations.

The road to 3C is indeed very broad from GN expressway.

But Jaypee is on open land, no encrochments, village, dirt etc. And I know how speeds slow when one goes from expressway to an equally broad sector road.

Also I know how RE price changes from a commered area to a purely residential one. That 2 Km makes all the difference.

Indians like to collect in a crowd and make noise and chaos, they pay a premium for it. Such is life.
    CommentQuote
  • Investment vs Living

I agree Venky re the Indian mentality and as I have pointed out in the subject its the investment Vs wanting to live there thing for people like me who dont belong to Delhi/Noida. I also want a good quality of live while I am living and also get good ROI when I want to see. Any thoughts from this angle on 3C?
    CommentQuote
  • sorry, its 'sell' and not see in my earlier post
    CommentQuote
  • There is nothing wrong with 3C, I rate it higher than JP.

As someone pointed out, connectivity for 3C is two sided, to Dadri Road as well as expressway. A huge sports complex is coming in front of 3C as well. You will find renters more easily than for Jaypee. YOu can buy from investment standpoint i.e. giving out on rent. Many techies are likely to rent there.

3C have upped the rates to 3275 psf, while JP sold out with 2975. Good investment in my opinion.

Only issue - 3C carpet areas are much smaller than JP and Today homes - the JP 1870 and Today ~2200 have much larger rooms than 3C 1863.

3C 1863 is more like a 1600 sf apt, while 3C 1675 is more like a 1400 sf apt in terms of carpet area.

But quality of doors, windows are all very superior.

For resale, carpet area sells better than quality. For renting location is everything.

Cheers, Venkat
    CommentQuote
  • What about Amrapali Platinum phase I/II? I guess its nearest to FNG.
    CommentQuote
  • Today homes has launched a project near expressway in sector 135 recently. My take on pros and cons of this project:

pros: excellent location; very close to opertaional SEZ; sector 135 is identified as special develpmt area; compared to other nearby sectors, internal roads are already constructed; exactly adjacent to around 50-60 noida authority HIG flats, rate is lower as compared to competing projects, rooms are spacious, good contruction in gurgaon projects (i have been to my friend's flat in blossoms gurgaon, great construction per my view)

cons: builder unknown in noida; like kosmos, some distance needs to be covered after exit from expressway; not sure about ease of availing home loan with the builder
    CommentQuote
  • property appreciation

Thanks for your feedback Venky. If I read correctly, you think 3C is going to be a good investment from the point of view of renting and not so much from the view of property appreciating in the times to come esp when the building will be ready ??

quote=Venkytalks;45845]There is nothing wrong with 3C, I rate it higher than JP.

As someone pointed out, connectivity for 3C is two sided, to Dadri Road as well as expressway. A huge sports complex is coming in front of 3C as well. You will find renters more easily than for Jaypee. YOu can buy from investment standpoint i.e. giving out on rent. Many techies are likely to rent there.

3C have upped the rates to 3275 psf, while JP sold out with 2975. Good investment in my opinion.

Only issue - 3C carpet areas are much smaller than JP and Today homes - the JP 1870 and Today ~2200 have much larger rooms than 3C 1863.

3C 1863 is more like a 1600 sf apt, while 3C 1675 is more like a 1400 sf apt in terms of carpet area.

But quality of doors, windows are all very superior.

For resale, carpet area sells better than quality. For renting location is everything.

Cheers, Venkat
    CommentQuote
  • Yes thatsme, speaking very generally and theoretically, of course.

3C will also be a very good option for living in - it will be a posh society in this lower income housing price point.

Massive sports complex coming up opposite it is a plus.

Society formation for such a huge apartment complex will also be one negative issue. 500 flats is ideal for a society.

Nishant, I agree with your analysis of Today. The 2200 4BR option is very good.

3BR layout is not do good.

Price is really attractive. It is so much below 3C that I would say go for Today over 3C for the 3BR.

Todays Gurgaon properties are very good.
    CommentQuote