Guys

Sector-18 already a popular destination, is soon going to be the Most Happening Shopping and Entertainment Destination of NCR after opening of DLF Mall,Unitech Garden Galleria, Marriot Courtyard Hotel in the next one year.

Mega water park opened yesterday at "Unitech's World of Wonders" that is part of Part of 147 acres of mixed use development- comprising of entertainment, retail and hospitality.

while one side there is 147 acres Unitech Development which Houses The Greater India place mall,World of Wonders,Indian's Largest Mc Donald Restaurant, Garden Galleria, Marriot Courtyard Hotel, other side There is Indian's largest mall "DLF Mall of India","Hotel Radisson","Wave silver tower" and "Wave CenterStage Mall" apart from different retail Showrooms and Atta Market.

Not counting on upcoming "Wave One" and "Wave vertica" at the moment since it is 3-5 years away from completion.

Let's keep posting the development since DLF Mall and Unitech Garden Galleria are soon to be open. :)
Read more
207 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dear Cookie,

Its heartening to know about sector 18. I heard that whole sector 18 is to be converted to NO VEHICLE Zone. Is it true? It'll be awesome.
    CommentQuote
  • BTW, when DLF Mall of India due to open?
    CommentQuote
  • yes its should be converted into No parking zone. its mess.

don't know about how present situation is.. but one back when I used to visit be it GIP or sector-18. Its a long wait outside GIP Mall and in sector-18 There has been parking issues since long and with passing time, it is increasing only.

I remember .... 5 years backwe used to park car where there is Wave One coming up. Since that place is no more available for parking, issues has increased manifold.

I hope Multilevel parking to come pretty soon. I read somewhere that construction of Multilevel parking has already been awarded.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Capt Vats
    BTW, when DLF Mall of India due to open?

New Year.
    Earlier deadline was 1st quarter of 2013..
    CommentQuote
  • May 04, 2013, 12.42 PM IST
    DLF Vs Unitech: The mall war begins
    The competition between old rivals DLF and Unitech is going to get fiercer. Both are opening malls bang opposite each other in sector 18, Noida, the area’s retail hotspot. There is a mall here developed by the deceased liquor baron Ponty Chadha’s Wave Group.

DLF Vs Unitech: The mall war begins - CNBC-TV18

watch this video to know more... as per the Video, 12 screen multiplex also to come next to "Garden Galleria".
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    May 04, 2013, 12.42 PM IST
    DLF Vs Unitech: The mall war begins
    The competition between old rivals DLF and Unitech is going to get fiercer. Both are opening malls bang opposite each other in sector 18, Noida, the area’s retail hotspot. There is a mall here developed by the deceased liquor baron Ponty Chadha’s Wave Group.

DLF Vs Unitech: The mall war begins - CNBC-TV18

watch this video to know more... as per the Video, 12 screen multiplex also to come next to "Garden Galleria".

Any new launch/ upcoming commercial (retail) option coming in around sector 18.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Quest2012
    Any new launch/ upcoming commercial (retail) option coming in around sector 18.

WAVE One and Wave Vertica are the only options. :)
    I don't think in future there would be any new Launch in sector-18 since no LAND available.
    CommentQuote
  • DLF Mall of India, Noida, announces names of key tenants
    05 Jun 2013

DLF Mall of India, Noida, announces names of key tenants
    The DLF Mall of India, Noida has announced the names of its key tenant partners. DLF will invest Rs 1,100 crore in the project which will house international labels such as Uniqlo, Marks & Spencer, and Forever 21 in the International Boulevard zone. It has also signed franchisees of international premium fashion labels like Major Brands, Arvind Ltd, and Aditya Birla Nuvo to offer over 30 international labels in the mall across 120,000 sq. ft. of retail space.

The 1.8 million sq. ft. mall is spread across six levels with zones marked as, International Boulevard, Market Place, High Street, Family Hub and Entertainment City. Experiential shopping zones will give consumers a feel of shopping at a mini city or many malls within a mall.

Spread across 5, 60,000 sq.ft., the International Boulevard will have large format twin level stores of Uniqlo (40,000 sq. ft. GLA.), Forever 21 (40, 000 sq. ft. GLA) and Marks and Spencer flagship (68,000 sq. ft. GLA). Currently, 50 percent of space has already been leased out.

Elaborating on the associations, Pushpa Bector, Senior Vice President, DLF Mall of India, said: “We are approaching key milestones and have completed over 50 percent of leasing presently. The project is extremely proud of its partnerships with national and International brands that are going to make a debut in the country through their first flagship stores in DLF Mall of India. Bringing these global brands to one stop destination reaffirms our commitment to the retail industry and our discerning customers. We look forward to a long lasting and successful relationship with all our partners and hope that the mall and the brands receive warm response from the customers.”

DLF MaIl of India will have over 450 brands and also house a 1,10,000 sq.ft. GLA hyper market Reliance Mart in the Market Place zone. Brands such as Anita Dongre, Global Desi, Meena Bazaar, Kalpana, Study by Janak, and Shakuntalam will be available in the High Street zone. It will also house the largest indoor Entertainment City of the country spreading over two levels – with 7 DT star screens. The Funcity, which is a leisure division of Landmark group, will also set its first super flagship store across 28,000 sq. ft. GLA. DLF Mall of India is expected to become operational in the last quarter of 2013.

A food court with a seating capacity of 1200 will have 22 casual dining restaurants. The mall will be the First LEED gold mall designed by the international architect firm Benoy and would have a catchment of 4.9 million consumers as it would connect South, Central and East Delhi, Noida, and Greater Noida.

DLF entered the retail sector in the year 2000. The total area of DLF’s leased operational shopping malls is approximately 1.4 million sq. ft. and in the next 24 months, a growth up to 3.7 million sq. ft. is projected.

-IndiaRetailing Bureau

http://www.indiaretailing.com/news.aspx?Topic=1&id=7006
    CommentQuote
  • Sector 18 was always one of the best commercial hubs of NCR. Unitech with GIP brought it to limelight. But it will be the presence of experienced commercial builder like DLF which will bring about a huge difference. Noida authority should prepare for smooth drives and parkings from now only. Else it will create complete mess. The narrow bridge bottleneck on drain just before entry into sector 18 should be removed asap.
    CommentQuote
  • which all tenants have tied up in mall of india? it will be nice to see brands like zara,underdogs,beerman,punjab grill,hardrock, big chill etc. noida is full of cheap local brands and cant compete with south delhi or gurgaon, people lack taste here.

m&s,h&m etc are ok but need something better. else delhi/ gurgaon is better.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AlvastaCap
    which all tenants have tied up in mall of india? it will be nice to see brands like zara,underdogs,beerman,punjab grill,hardrock, big chill etc. noida is full of cheap local brands and cant compete with south delhi or gurgaon, people lack taste here.

m&s,h&m etc are ok but need something better. else delhi/ gurgaon is better.

Read the article in second page of this thread.
    CommentQuote
  • thanks cookie sahab.
    dear Avastacap sahab , will you please specify , what you mean by good brands.
    i do sometimes go for high street shopping and visited and did shopping at places in rome , venice,london and lots of places in uk ,ireland .
    i want to know what great does your gurgaon and delhi offers.
    PLEASE DO NOT SAY, THAT NOIDAITES CANNOT AFFORD AND ONLY DELHI AND GURGAON CAN AFFORD HIGH STREET>LOOKS LIKE THE JOKE OF THE DAY.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raibahadur
    thanks cookie sahab.
    dear Avastacap sahab , will you please specify , what you mean by good brands.
    i do sometimes go for high street shopping and visited and did shopping at places in rome , venice,london and lots of places in uk ,ireland .
    i want to know what great does your gurgaon and delhi offers.
    PLEASE DO NOT SAY, THAT NOIDAITES CANNOT AFFORD AND ONLY DELHI AND GURGAON CAN AFFORD HIGH STREET>LOOKS LIKE THE JOKE OF THE DAY.

chanel/ dior's etc etc ki to baat hi nahi ki hai. brands which i think should make it at bare minimum are mentioned in my earlier post.

point is not about affordability - its abt 'taste'.

noida has more of mcdowell lovers whereas gurgaon has more of wine and single malt - point is they are more refined. ever seen lift etiquette at any of noida mall ? gentry is deteriorating by the day. am a wellwisher for this region - but politics has screwed up this region big time.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AlvastaCap
    chanel/ dior's etc etc ki to baat hi nahi ki hai. brands which i think should make it at bare minimum are mentioned in my earlier post.

point is not about affordability - its abt 'taste'.

noida has more of mcdowell lovers whereas gurgaon has more of wine and single malt - point is they are more refined. ever seen lift etiquette at any of noida mall ? gentry is deteriorating by the day. am a wellwisher for this region - but politics has screwed up this region big time.
    CommentQuote
  • sorry alvastacap sahab,
    i totally disagree with you .in todays date even B AND C CLASS cities population is aware of the good brands.
    let them come and be genuine , i can assure buyers ki koi kamee nahin hai..
    and even otherwise we being part of the same society ,will contribute to the etquetts.
    coming to wine and single malt.peene waalon ki kamee to sare hindustan mein nahin hai , yeh cheezen to har jagah chal jayengi.
    CommentQuote