Hello Guys,

I need urgent help as I am having difficulty in selling my apartment.
Maybe I am overreacting. Please advise.

-It has been two weeks that my flat has been in the resale market but no buyers yet.
-What is the average time taken before one can sell their flat
-Is Noida market stagnating?
-Should I lower my prices to attract buyers
-Should I contact more dealers (currently it is 2)?

Any info would be helpful.
I have flat in Unitech UniHomes.
Read more
25 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Give more details like which sector, floor ,area, buying price, demand , facing etc
    CommentQuote
  • It usually take atleast 2-3 months average to find a genuine buyer... if you are very lucky
    CommentQuote
  • My expected rates are close to 4100 AI Phase-1 .
    My question was in general.
    So do you think involving more brokers would help or reducing the rates?
    CommentQuote
  • Tough task. Market is down and now buyers have many options. Many projects are at advance stages of construction. You need to try more harder.
    CommentQuote
  • How can I try harder?
    Should I reduce rates or get in touch with more brokers?
    Or is there something else I can do...
    I am in urgent need of money in next two months..
    What exactly is distressed sale and how does one go for it
    CommentQuote
  • Sirji what is the size of the unit, as different unit's have different demand... so advising further will completely depend on the property detail
    CommentQuote
  • 1030 sqft...
    CommentQuote
  • Check the various popular RE portals like 99****, magicb**** etc to get a better idea of ongoing resale rates for your apartments.....then you can verify that the rates quoted by you are more or less... if they are more then you can reduce them to match the existing rates. If you still do not get direct calls then you can start contacting brokers and provide them your flat details....keep your fingers crossed.

Make sure that you do not sell at a huge loss just because you want to sell. If brokers get an idea of your emergency then they will surely take advantage of your position.
    CommentQuote
  • 2 weeks and you are expecting to sell. I don't think it is that easy to sell in today's market. You will be lucky if you are able to exit in a few months.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kapoorm618
    How can I try harder?
    Should I reduce rates or get in touch with more brokers?
    Or is there something else I can do...
    I am in urgent need of money in next two months..
    What exactly is distressed sale and how does one go for it

Unitech's brand name is toxic now a days due to its long list of projects that are not finished so many years after launch and the projects where possession has happened but registry is not happening because builder is unable to clear the dues of govt authorities. Then there is bad construction quality.

If I were in your place, I'd start by posting ad on online portals. Don't tell the brokers that you need the money urgently.

Also, be prepared for the worst. Chances are that you will not be able to close the deal and receive the full payment for flat in 2 months. So prepare accordingly. May be arrange the funds from some other source for the time being.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks..This was helpful and clear.
    Please also mention which online portals will be useful here. I know of two.

99 acre dot com
    magic brick dot com
    CommentQuote
  • These two portals should be enough for the enquiries atleast provided you post reasonable/market price.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kapoorm618
    My expected rates are close to 4100 AI Phase-1 .
    My question was in general.
    So do you think involving more brokers would help or reducing the rates?

Kapoor ji,
    Both would help. But real help would be in reduction of the rates. Price is the real deal clincher and only that can help.
    CommentQuote
  • Instead of reducing rate quoted to Broker, tell him that the price is negotiable depending upon payment terms. Let him bring some buyer atleast, you can reduce rate then, if needed.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear kapoorm,

1. You can also consider posting at www makaan com, www indiaproperty com,
    2. You should also try to find and contact agents who do frequent transactions in the location where you hold the investment, there are also some agents who specialize in re-sale
    3. You would also need to be patient as market is stagant compared to couple of months ago, lot of people are either cautious or deferring their decisions due to the uncertainty, higher interest costs etc etc....

Hope it helps. Good Luck

Originally Posted by kapoorm618
    Thanks..This was helpful and clear.
    Please also mention which online portals will be useful here. I know of two.

99 acre com
    magic brick com
    CommentQuote