Last updated: 3 days ago
13833 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Lotus Panache by The 3C Company in Sector 110, Noida

Direction

Originally posted by alien View Post
    14 facing park won't have direct sun. 15-16 facing park will get sunrays until noon during summers (not winters) though school side towers might block sun for lower floors. For park facing , higher the floor better daylight in all. Overall, daylight will be less in park (NE) facing side compared to road (SW) facing in all towers 14 -19.
    Guys,
    Since there is a good amount of discussion going on around the direction which gets best sunlight...so i thought of adding my 2 cents as well...

Though i agree with most of you that to get sun in winters...south facing flats are best... What about other seasons???

NCR basically has summer all the year round apart from probably a month and half of winters at the max... temperatures are generally in mid 30s to 40s all throughout. In that sense it makes a lot of sense to buy a flat which is east facing as you get good sunlight in the morning all the year round and by the noon time sun moves away...so your house remains relatively cooler compared to other dir. facing house... while you also get good sunlight in the morning.

Any Thoughts around this?

Comment

i completely agree with u on this...
      i have said previously on this thread too that i prefer my house to be well lit with natural light rather than sun light coming directly inside the house....

my present house has sun light coming most of the day and it terribly hot most of the months.....even the resale value is less cuz of this reason.....

Originally posted by sandman View Post
      Guys,
      Since there is a good amount of discussion going on around the direction which gets best sunlight...so i thought of adding my 2 cents as well...

Though i agree with most of you that to get sun in winters...south facing flats are best... What about other seasons???

NCR basically has summer all the year round apart from probably a month and half of winters at the max... temperatures are generally in mid 30s to 40s all throughout. In that sense it makes a lot of sense to buy a flat which is east facing as you get good sunlight in the morning all the year round and by the noon time sun moves away...so your house remains relatively cooler compared to other dir. facing house... while you also get good sunlight in the morning.

Comment

was in 3c office today....
        its confirmed that no of floors in first phase has not been increased.....the rumor was figment of some dealer imagination

they have sent the entire changed layouts to Axis bank today (saw it personally being taken by axis bank people) ....so it would take around a week atleast to get it cleared....similar time expected by hdfc too...

Originally posted by Dhruv Garg View Post
        phase 1 includes: tower 1,2,3,4,11,12,,12A
        Phase 2 includes: tower 5,6,7,8,9,14,20

Is it confirmed that for tower 11,12 & 12 A , 3C is increasing no. of floors from 14 to 21.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
          Guys,

I disagree. In North, summers are extremely hot and winters too cold. Though east facing is good but south facing is best. Here is why...
          Most of year is so hot that you do want to have sun directly into your home for long period whether in morning or afternoon. Try to stand under sun in 8AM in typical summer morning, not very pleasant. You'll get daylight but not direct sun if south facing.
          In winters though only couple of months you need sun into your home. In these 2 months sun is effective after 10 or 11 in morning so advantage of east facing is gone! Only south facing direction will get sun directly into your balconies or room through windows all through the day provided no obstruction in front.

Comment

how about North East facing?

Comment

Originally posted by premendra View Post
              thanks Dhruv, just one more ques, whats your opinion on tower 2 floor 5, just asking because you said 4,3,1 are best and excluded 2. can I consider tower2/floor5 over tower4/floor4 as I will be saving 25 on the plc among two, please help.
              You may prefer tower 4 /4th floor over tower 2/ 5th floor. Mere Rs 25 PLC will give you better premium on account of lower floor advantage and better sunlight perspective if it is authority park facing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhruv Garg View Post
                You may prefer tower 4 /4th floor over tower 2/ 5th floor. Mere Rs 25 PLC will give you better premium on account of lower floor advantage and better sunlight perspective if it is authority park facing.

I really dont understand y people prefer lower floors in 25 floors building . Let all towers be ready and you will come to know the disadvantages when u will have no sunlight and less airry apartments .

people in mumbai are not mad that they choose upper floors ...there is a reason behind that and I agree to the same as well.
                Last edited by kohlinitin; May 9 2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deeps79 View Post
                  was in 3c office today....
                  its confirmed that no of floors in first phase has not been increased.....the rumor was figment of some dealer imagination

they have sent the entire changed layouts to Axis bank today (saw it personally being taken by axis bank people) ....so it would take around a week atleast to get it cleared....similar time expected by hdfc too...
                  Yeah - same info I got from their office today. Phase I is 14 floors only. Given how brokers behave, I'll not be surprised if someone gets sold a non-existent floor.

Comment

Originally posted by kohlinitin View Post
                    I really dont understand y people prefer lower floors in 25 floors building . Let all towers be ready and you will come know the disadvantage when u will have no sunlight and less airry apartments .

people in mumbai are not mad that they choose upper floors ...there is a reason behind that and I agree to the same as well.
                    Let take the case of Mmbai and Delhi: In mumbai, Due to moist sea winds, better sea and road view, less air and noise pollution, people tend to live on high floors. There is no heat factor from sun and hot wind in Mumbai as it is the case in Delhi. In Delhi, Like in North India, Hot air tends to rise upwards in summer and makes the apartment more hot and cause more a.c bill.
                    For direct sunlight in morning and better ventiliation, always choose flat with balconies in NE,E or SE direction without the building in front.
                    Also, For easy evacuation during fire and earthquake, it is easy to evacuate from lower floors than comapred to higher floors with the use of staircase without waiting for the lift. As the fire goes upward, residents of higher floors may struck up at higher floors. And u know the condition of fire safety in India and atleast in Noida where authority dont even has fire brigade for 6th floor and above.
                    People on lower floors tends to use the staircase for atleast downward movement which makes them healthy without making extra efforts.
                    On higher floor i.e above 6th floor, effect of low air pressure and lower gravity can be seen on the health of people in the long run especially on the elderly people if they are not used to come to ground at least once in a day for 30 min walk.
                    So you decide after above discussion

Comment

Let take the case of Mmbai and Delhi: In mumbai, Due to moist sea winds, better sea and road view, less air and noise pollution, people tend to live on high floors. There is no heat factor from sun and hot wind in Mumbai as it is the case in Delhi. In Delhi, Like in North India, Hot air tends to rise upwards in summer and makes the apartment more hot and cause more a.c bill.
                      Currently I live at 1st floor in G+3 story. I feel air (if I get) still hot during summer days. I don't think air is hotter but definitely more air on higher floors. One sun is down they turn into cool breeze during night. Very soon people in Noida too, may tend to live to higher floor for same reason as Mumbai (except sea view)
                      For direct sunlight in morning and better ventiliation, always choose flat with balconies in NE,E or SE direction without the building in front.
                      In winters when sun is effective after 11 AM, east facing has little advantage compared to south facing.
                      Also, For easy evacuation during fire and earthquake, it is easy to evacuate from lower floors than comapred to higher floors with the use of staircase without waiting for the lift. As the fire goes upward, residents of higher floors may struck up at higher floors. And u know the condition of fire safety in India and atleast in Noida where authority dont even has fire brigade for 6th floor and above.
                      Do you know Mumbai has fire equipment to reach 50 floors building? See Mumbai's highrise list at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ings_in_Mumbai

People on lower floors tends to use the staircase for atleast downward movement which makes them healthy without making extra efforts.
                      On or above 3rd floor people use lifts in daily routine to save time. In morning when you're in hurry, using staircase can be risky. For exercise you have staircase to go to top floor and come down, use that once in day to stay healthy
                      On higher floor i.e above 6th floor, effect of low air pressure and lower gravity can be seen on the health of people in the long run especially on the elderly people if they are not used to come to ground at least once in a day for 30 min walk.
                      Heard this first time. That could be true (if facts available) but over very long period say 25 years.
                      So you decide after above discussion

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X