Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wishtown Welfare Association being formed

Collapse
X
Collapse

Wishtown Welfare Association being formed

Last updated: July 5 2018
19 | Posts
3835 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wishtown Welfare Association being formed

    Friends, the buyers assembled and had a meeting with Jp.

    Prior and subsequent to that we had pre and post meeting and decided to form an association. Mr. Arvind Jain, who is a retired person and buyer in Kalypso was kind enough to come forward and make efforts to form the association. We have 20 contributions of Rs.1000 each, of which Rs. 15000 is with Mr. Arvind Jain (dont know if his own contribution is included in that) along with list of the 15 people and Rs. 5000 is with me based on a similar collection done 1 year ago for which the list is with me (4 others plus me).

    Of those who contributed, a call was made for volunteers who will take this association forward. A core group of nine people was formed on the basis of volunteers.

    Further additions to the association will be done once the registration is done. If however, people want to contribute in advance, a small number (ready for hard work) can do so by contacting me on facebook and paying in cash. Only after the association is formed, a bank account will be opened and people can take membership by electronic transfer.

    The association is tentatively named Wishtown Welfare Association. I will be drawing up the bylaws of this association following a template for another one I had formed recently (see RP City Welfare Association Official Web Site) to get some idea of how we did things there. Mr. Arvind Jain and Mr. Santosh Shah will see towards getting it registered, since they are NOIDA based. Current collection should be sufficient for registration.

    I have uploaded the draft minutes of the meeting on the official website for others to add other points before circulating. But broadly, there were 3 things.

    1. They refused to increase compensation for delay

    2. They said super area had increased based on actual measurement and that this will be charged at BSP of booking for actuals subject to a maximum of 10%.

    3. When we said it was impossible to have such super area increase, they said - measure it yourself. We have discussed and agreed to the modalities of the measurement.

    On a test basis, the association members will undertake actual measurements using our own architect along with their (JP) architect. Details are in the MOM. But in brief, the main idea of the association is for us to be able to undertake such verification and to force the builder to only declare actuals by being in a position to hire own architect and verify everything. If we do actual measurements in 2 test buildings, automatically builder will not do any irregularity.

    I thus ask you all to support our initiative. If any person feels like he is energetic and is ready to do the running around for getting the association registered, he or she is welcome to come forward, pay up and join up and he will be given the responsibilities. Already two members from Klassic have come forward in regard to conducting measurements and have been included in core group.

    Those who come forward and devote time and effort are invited - this aam aadmi party style. Those who do the work will carry the association forward.

    Look forward to your support to make this a success,

    Venkat
    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)
  • #2

    #2

    Re : Wishtown Welfare Association being formed

    Hi Venky thanks for in the initiative. I have one query. How will an architect measure super area? Will Jaypee share exact things that will be included in carpet area to give super area? Corridors, lift shaft, lobby (if any), what else do they include?

    Comment

    • #3

      #3

      Re : Wishtown Welfare Association being formed

      Yes, JP will share entire details which sums up to total super area. It will be done in presence of a professional architect from our side JP architect and executtives of wwa and customer of such towers...
      Originally posted by Newbee00 View Post
      Hi Venky thanks for in the initiative. I have one query. How will an architect measure super area? Will Jaypee share exact things that will be included in carpet area to give super area? Corridors, lift shaft, lobby (if any), what else do they include?

      Comment

      • #4

        #4

        Re : Wishtown Welfare Association being formed

        Thanks Pawak, Venky and the newly formed association This is GREAT! Thanks for forcing them to make the assessment TRANSPARENT!!

        Comment

        • #5

          #5

          Re : Wishtown Welfare Association being formed

          Originally posted by Newbee00 View Post
          Hi Venky thanks for in the initiative. I have one query. How will an architect measure super area? Will Jaypee share exact things that will be included in carpet area to give super area? Corridors, lift shaft, lobby (if any), what else do they include?
          Originally posted by Pawakp80 View Post
          Yes, JP will share entire details which sums up to total super area. It will be done in presence of a professional architect from our side JP architect and executtives of wwa and customer of such towers...
          Originally posted by Newbee00 View Post
          Thanks Pawak, Venky and the newly formed association This is GREAT! Thanks for forcing them to make the assessment TRANSPARENT!!
          Please see my new post on super area calculation. I think we will adapt this method after getting some peer review from architects engineers and others - in case I have missed out any point. I dont know if tank can be called area - contentious issue. Obviously even an 8th standard student studying mensuration should be able to do such simple measurements and calculations. I know I can easily do it and plan to be present for the calculation.

          Now one interesting thing might happen when things are measured - when actual super area gets calculated, there might be a 10% DECREASE also !!!!!
          Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

          Comment

          • #6

            #6

            Re : Wishtown Welfare Association being formed

            Great! Venky,

            When are you planning to take this measurment. Have JP also shared some date.....

            Comment

            • #7

              #7

              Re : Wishtown Welfare Association being formed

              I belive in the Wishtown setup wherein Facilities managenement will be done by a professionally managed company (appointed by Jaypee), the need for a RWA have to be debated.

              Today a small no of people today has formed one association. Tomorrow some small group will form another association.

              In a township of 40000 residential units, a number of such small groups can come up and each will proclaim to tbe the genuine one and the true represenative for dealing with a corporate (Jaypee).

              This desire to be the true represenative is to form a power group and may be used to influence, coerse those who do not conform.

              Therefore, it is for the benefit of the residents not to allow such association till jaypee is part-inhabited and the residents truly believe that individually they will not be able to stop jaypee to unilaterally take action and an association is required for the purpose.



              Originally posted by Newbee00 View Post
              Thanks Pawak, Venky and the newly formed association This is GREAT! Thanks for forcing them to make the assessment TRANSPARENT!!

              Comment

              • #8

                #8

                Re : Wishtown Welfare Association being formed

                Hi Venky,

                This seem to be a nice initiative, and I am sure that it will grow from strength to strength.

                Can I request you to spell out the objective of this association? What it intend to do? for example, would it be negotiating against Jaypee on behalf of the buyer? Essentially what is the brief her? Why should we become part of this association?

                Also could you also spell out for our benefit your interest in forming this association? Are you aggrieved in any manner by any decision of Jaypee?

                Also, I would like to know how you intend to run this association? What are the steps you will undertake to ensure that there is complete transparency in the affairs of association?

                I myself have an issues with Jaypee but I would like to associate with right people. If you provide me the above clarity, and convince me about its objectives, I can assure you that my legal skills will certainly be useful for the association.

                Comment

                • #9

                  #9

                  Re : Wishtown Welfare Association being formed

                  I have the same queries as MeinSonu. In addition, I would like to know if anyone can join this organization; if yes, then how?

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    #10

                    Re : Wishtown Welfare Association being formed

                    Originally posted by ga_fms View Post
                    I belive in the Wishtown setup wherein Facilities managenement will be done by a professionally managed company (appointed by Jaypee), the need for a RWA have to be debated.

                    Today a small no of people today has formed one association. Tomorrow some small group will form another association.

                    In a township of 40000 residential units, a number of such small groups can come up and each will proclaim to tbe the genuine one and the true represenative for dealing with a corporate (Jaypee).

                    This desire to be the true represenative is to form a power group and may be used to influence, coerse those who do not conform.

                    Therefore, it is for the benefit of the residents not to allow such association till jaypee is part-inhabited and the residents truly believe that individually they will not be able to stop jaypee to unilaterally take action and an association is required for the purpose.
                    Dost, this is not residents welfare association - please understand this is a buyers association and is meant to fight with the builder - it is meant to fight with him before the delivery and after delivery also - it is meant to file cases for getting higher compensation.

                    There are two primary purposes for formation

                    1. To be able to file a case on behalf of any 1 or more member

                    2. To talk to the media as association for highlighting problems


                    Individual person finds it difficult to fight. Formal organisation means few more combative people can fight on behalf of many - who receive support in terms of a silent majority behing the fighter - so one can say I am doing this on behalf of 100 or thousand people. It also makes it easy to organise protests and dharnas.

                    There are other long term benefits. Having an official organisation in place makes it easier to appeal to courts in case the builder becomes insolvent or bankrupt or stops construction - in which case the construction needs to be taken over under court orders.

                    Always be prepared for the worst eventuality also - hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

                    Originally posted by MeinSonu View Post
                    Hi Venky,

                    This seem to be a nice initiative, and I am sure that it will grow from strength to strength.

                    Can I request you to spell out the objective of this association? What it intend to do? for example, would it be negotiating against Jaypee on behalf of the buyer? Essentially what is the brief her? Why should we become part of this association?

                    Also could you also spell out for our benefit your interest in forming this association? Are you aggrieved in any manner by any decision of Jaypee?

                    Also, I would like to know how you intend to run this association? What are the steps you will undertake to ensure that there is complete transparency in the affairs of association?

                    I myself have an issues with Jaypee but I would like to associate with right people. If you provide me the above clarity, and convince me about its objectives, I can assure you that my legal skills will certainly be useful for the association.
                    I am doing it because it is something which should be done and others are failing to make it happen. Someone has to do it - per head cost is minimal.

                    You can visit RP City Welfare Association Official Web Site to get an idea of how I helped make a similar association against another builder - with whom a relative of mine was buying a flat.

                    I am aggrieved by Jaypee because of inordinate delay - I booked in 2009. My tower structure is not yet complete. I am also apprehensive about super area increase for my flat - causing a big financial cost increase for the same flat. I am interested in getting an increased compensation of 10 Rs per square foot as achieved by DLF New Town Heights.

                    Originally posted by rheamehta View Post
                    I have the same queries as MeinSonu. In addition, I would like to know if anyone can join this organization; if yes, then how?
                    Right now, 15 + 5 have contributed. We need about 20- 25000 to get the association registered (2000 for registry fee and rest for - well you know govt departments in UP).

                    Thus there is space for some 4-5 people to join in addition - but I would like to ask people who believe in the objectives of the association formation and are ready to work only to come forward. A subset of these founder members will form the initial first years executive members and a lot of time, effort and running around will be required to get it up and running.

                    Transparency - you are welcome to join and ensure it. None of the members know each other - I dont know anybody else who has joined and is now part of the core team. It is just running on trust and face value.

                    We are currently short of core working members - hence calling for anyone who can help out by devoting some time, effort, expertise - legal or architectural.

                    Please step up
                    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

                    Comment

                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X