Got this mail today. On the looks of it, I am inclined to treaty it as a scam, specially as demand draft of 10k is requested for just a survey (whatever that is). Email copies below.

Anyone else got this?

It brings us immerse pleasure to bring you our society “Armed Forces Officials Welfare Organisation (AFOWO)” with the sole objective of facilitating provision of residential units (residential plots, apartments, independent floors, farm plots etc) to the Serving and Retired, Armed / Defense Forces and Para- Military Personnel and Government Officials.

The Society is registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860, with an objective to promote housing schemes in cities all over the country as per the demand of Defense and Para-Military personnel.

NCR (Delhi & Surrounding Area) is the growth area for real-estate investment either for self living or for growth & return. Our Executive committee members have undergone many projects for our clients (Service Personnel) in past 20 years and the growth/ benefit can be seen from our following past performances:

Past Experience of Executive members of AFOWO:

Inhouse Projects:

1.      An investment of Rs. 8.20 lacs in a flat at Armed Forces Naval Officer Enclave(AFNOE), Dwarka, Delhi in 1998 has become over Rs. 1.75 crore in 2013 (over 375 service officers benefitted).

2.      An investment of Rs. 28.00 lacs in Greater Noida for a row house (Raksha Enclave) in 2005/06 has crossed Rs. 1.10 crore in 2013 (over 120 service officers benefitted).  

3.      An investment of Rs 12.5 lakhs at Raksha Retreat Villas, Nainital in 2008/09 has also grown above Rs 30 lakhs in 2013. (over 100 service officers benefitted).

Outsourced Past Projects:

1.      An investment for a flat Rs. 1,900/- psf in Raksha Towers, Sector 37D, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon in 2009-10 has become over Rs. 6,000/- in 2013 and going to be over Rs. 8,000/9,000 psf in next 2/3 years time (over 300 service officers are benefited).

2.      An investment for a flat Rs 1800 per sqft in Raksha Towers, Noida Extension, Greater Noida(West) in 2010, has become over Rs 3500 per sqft in 2013 and going to be over Rs 4500 per sqft in next 2 years time( over 275 service officers benefitted.)

We have examples of many projects like these recommended by us where investors gained very high returns. We now recommend you to invest in a very highly growth area – Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida (West)  where we have opened demand survey for our own new projects again.

Demand Survey open for 2/3/4 BHK apartments:

·      Gurgaon: starting 50 lakhs(approx) budget onwards 

·   Noida Extn: starting 25-30 lakhs(approx) budget onwards

·      Noida: starting 40-50 lakhs(approx) budget onwards

For Demand Survey, applicants need to apply on prescribed format by making cheque/DD of Rs 10,000/- in favor of “AFOWO”, payable at par.

The purpose of this scheme is to provide the affordable housing by providing the houses at lowest prices than the builders of that area.

Do not lose the opportunity. Act fast gain fast. Have your foothold in NCR. You can forward this mail to other known Friends/ Colleagues

Armed Forces Officials Welfare Organisation(AFOWO)

Settlers, Canteen Complex,Air Force Station,

Race Course Road, New Delhi - 110003
Read more
38 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Have you paid the second installment of 15% yet?
    CommentQuote
  • I have made the 15% payment on 30th May as 31stMay was the due date.
    CommentQuote
  • Please don't get mislead,Its private and owned by some independent persons. Invest accordingly.
    CommentQuote
  • For defence persons check ARMY WELFARE HOUSING ORGANISATION
    CommentQuote
  • One more point defence allotted flats/ house resale to civilans are not allowed for new projects launched after JAN 2014 onwards.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • But this allotment /sale is not defence allotted.It is an organisation registered with the particular name.
    I dont think they are officially connected to Armed forces.
    CommentQuote
  • Absolutely right. AWHO is an Army entity whereas the thread entity is a private one. The clause pertains to AWHO. But thanks for the info.
    CommentQuote
  • Armed Forces Officials Welfare Organisation(AFOWO) is the organisation managed by very credible and senior retired personnels of Indian Air Force.
    It is an autonomous body registered under Societies Registration Act 1860. One of the very prime society named as Air Force Naval Officers Enclave(AFNOE), sec-7, Dwarka is developed by the secretary of AFOWO who was secreatary of AFNOE at that time.
    Construction of the project is very good and satisfactory.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by varun291187
    Guys, I have also received an email from this organization. Any views on this? Is this a scam or a genuine scheme ?

It is a genuine organisation whose executive members are having experience of delivering very good projects in past - like AFNOE at Dwarka and Raksha Enclave at Gr Noida and Raksha Retreat Villas at Nainital.

Persons are geniune and retrired from Indian Air Force and many Army Generals and Air Marshals are also know them since last 20 years for their credibility.
    CommentQuote
  • still be cautious.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Armed forces and their affiliated organisations remain among the most trustworthy and reliable organisation in our country.
    Notwithstanding the faith in uniform,one must cross check.
    Just because the name adds the word defence does not mean it is beyond due verifications.
    When in doubt go to the original website of Army,Navy IAF and do your cross checks.
    CommentQuote
  • I have booked flat in Gurgaon Scheme. I went to AWHO and AFNHB as well to confirm about this caution.They gave me the feedback that many anti-national entities are trying to intrude into the defence systems to dilute the security, and to achieve their purpose they are sending the virus infected attachments to the defense systems or to associated organisations or its members.
    I also talked regarding AFOWO, then they told that there are lot of defence personnels who are also members of AWHO, who want to book in their Gurgaon Scheme, but there is no vacancy available in AFOWO for the same.
    This has increased my confidence to very high level and this is my humble request to all people on this forum to please not put unnecessary negative comment which dilute our confidence as a buyer.
    The negative comments gives me impression as a buyer that i have committed mistake. But when i verify the issues, then all becomes clear.

As far as it is concerned about the past projects of AFOWO, which i confirmed at time of booking there by personally meeting the owners of past projects allotees, then i got very good feed back like in AFNOE,Dwarka, people who bought property 8 lakhs has grown their investments to many times, etc.
    Wing Commander Mukherjee was the secreatery at the time of construction who is also secretary of AFOWO now.
    Similarly in Rakhsa Enclave, Greater Noida, Gp Capt Talwar was the president who is also currently the president of AFOWO.
    CommentQuote
  • Can anyone please tell me more details about Raksha Towers - Greater Noida West project if somebody has booked their apartment. On there website AFOWO | Armed Forces Officials Welfare Organisation | AFOWO Noida Extn | AFOWO Raksha Towers | Raksha Towers at Gurgaon it's written that subsidized flats are available for Non Defense persons as well.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fromvivekgup
    Can anyone please tell me more details about Raksha Towers - Greater Noida West project if somebody has booked their apartment. On there website AFOWO | Armed Forces Officials Welfare Organisation | AFOWO Noida Extn | AFOWO Raksha Towers | Raksha Towers at Gurgaon it's written that subsidized flats are available for Non Defense persons as well.

All positive.I too have booked in sector 68 AFOWO,Gurgaon.Only thing is that the approvals havent been received,there are changes in plans,some school building has been introduced,construction hasn't begun.
    Actually pareena is the builder..and they didnt finalise..seemingly
    Any one can please update?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fromvivekgup
    Can anyone please tell me more details about Raksha Towers - Greater Noida West project if somebody has booked their apartment. On there website AFOWO | Armed Forces Officials Welfare Organisation | AFOWO Noida Extn | AFOWO Raksha Towers | Raksha Towers at Gurgaon it's written that subsidized flats are available for Non Defense persons as well.

I am also looking for the answers for the same project.It seems to be a good project but i'm still confused
    CommentQuote