Hi Readers,
Which would give better appreciation in 7 year horizon ? I am not talking about private builder plots. Only Authority/huda plots.

Investment Value: 1Cr( plus minun few lacs)

1. Noida Expressway where rates are between 115-130sqm.
2. Gurgaon Sec 57 where rates are 60K-65K/sqyard
3. Greater Noida ( Eta-20K-22K/sqm or ChiPhi-27K-30K/sqm)
4. Yamuna Expway( 10K-12K/sqm)

Noida Expressway is the most expensive of all, but lot of action in this region. Many companies coming, many flats at about to RTM, and decent occupancy in sector plots. In 2009, Sec 108 plots were empty. Now many are building Koti's and homes there.

Gurgaon 57 is bang on GolfCourse Extn road, still cheap due to Huda asking for lot of enhancement money to compensate farmers. HUDA asked Sec 52 allotees thrice to compensate farmers. Net to Net 10K-12K/sqyard compensation. Noida cannot beat Gurgaon in job creation..but I wonder why Noida plot prices are higher than Gurgaon.

GNoida: Action on infra projects/job creation have just started but 95% plots still vacant today. GNIDA asking for money from allotees for farmer compensation, and may do 100% completion compulsary. Prices still much cheaper.

YEW: Sounds ultra cheap..10K/sqm. But scares as it may take even more than 20years to get develeped. Sec18/20 are very very far away. Even Noida Expway is empty as of today. Sometimes I think 10K can become 20K in next 5 years easily but 115K may take 10 years to become 230K...

Like Zohiab said, I am not looking at investing in flats anymore.
Read more
27 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Noida Expressway Small Plots like Jaypee are Very Good...they give you a good flexibiity of being able to use for END USE as well
    Flat to Flat hai Narana Babu....Aaj nahin to kal...dheela hoga hi....
    Smart RE Buyers...ALWAYS...Have a Plot as back up with them...
    Jab Flat dheela honey lagey...kisi ko chipka do...and make your own house in Plot

Gnoida....DONOT Buy anything more than 200 sq.mtr....120-150 sq. mtr is ideal for Gnoida. or
    Investor ho....to buy where Students like to reside....Kiraya accha milega.

Gurgaon....If you can make seperate floors and put on rental...you will do well as long term investor...again...Go for Small Plot...mot more than 200 Sq.yard

Property jab tak kiraya na de....investment ka asli maza nahin aata.....

Thoda zor lagao...and buy a small plot in Delhi THIRD CLASS Area...near metro....kamrey kiraye pe chada do...

Example deta hoon....near Jamia

50 Gazz ka plot...50 Lakhs

GF(2 Shops)..FF..2F..3F (Each 2 Room set)...40 Lakhs

Total Rental....40-45k....and if given to students...then more

No maintenance....flexibility of selling individual floors

Ganesh Nagar, Geeta colony, pandav nagar etc are more examples

Go for a region 5 min walk from UNDER CONSTRUCTION Metro station...wide road...
    CommentQuote
  • Plz share your opinions on sector 135 NA duplex as an investment.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Mr. Narana/Mr. Zohaib

I just joined this forum although i am not new as I am reading the posts of seniors from quite a while. I really find Mr. Zohaib's post very mature and informative. I appreciate the views of Zohaib Ji however, in this thread we can also add faridabad Neharpar plots as well. I think there will be very good chances of appreciation in that area as well. I would be glad if Zohaib give his view on this as well.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Narana
    I think with a 1 cr budget u can explore the below options :
    1 200 meters plot in Swarn Nagri(abt 85-90 lakhs). If u can stretch to 1.2 then u can get a 288 Meters plot also.
    2 300 Metres plot in p4(80-85 lakhs) . It's an undervalued sector as compared to p3 and chi phi.
    3 160-180 Meters quota plots in noida in sec 135, 116, 104, 112. These are undervalued as the Infra and development is yet to happen.
    Above are appropriate as per me
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zohaib2012
    Noida Expressway Small Plots like Jaypee are Very Good...they give you a good flexibiity of being able to use for END USE as well
    Jab Flat dheela honey lagey...kisi ko chipka do...and make your own house in Plot

Gnoida....DONOT Buy anything more than 200 sq.mtr....120-150 sq. mtr is ideal for Gnoida. or

Gurgaon....If you can make seperate floors and put on rental...you will do well as long term investor...again...Go for Small Plot...mot more than 200 Sq.yard

Thoda zor lagao...and buy a small plot in Delhi THIRD CLASS Area...near metro....kamrey kiraye pe chada do...

Zohaib Bhai what your view about Tronica City Plot (Leasehold plots by UPSIDC) . Its around 6-8 KM from Delhi (Shahdara/ Wazirabad). Metro Phase III will be around 6-8 KM from Loni/ Mukundpur. Rates are between 15000 to 25000 Square Meter (depending on the sector and location) Plus around Rs. 3500 per SQM as transfer and registry charges.

I am seriously planning for finalizing a deal for 200 SQM Plot; thinking that connectivity will improve significantly in next 4-5 years.

What's your view/ suggestion......
    CommentQuote
  • Some gaps in my understanding:::

Why JP wishtown plots are cheaper than near by Noida Authority plots ? Generally plots with security and power backup by private builder should command 15%-20% premium over authority plots ..e.g. Gurgaon Vatika, DLF, Unitech, Ansals.....costlier than Huda. YEW 3C, JP, etc costiler than YEIDA plots of sec18/20. Even Ansals/Omaxe in GN costiler than GNIDA .....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by narana
    Some gaps in my understanding:::

Why JP wishtown plots are cheaper than near by Noida Authority plots ? Generally plots with security and power backup by private builder should command 15%-20% premium over authority plots ..e.g. Gurgaon Vatika, DLF, Unitech, Ansals.....costlier than Huda. YEW 3C, JP, etc costiler than YEIDA plots of sec18/20. Even Ansals/Omaxe in GN costiler than GNIDA .....

@narana - My understanding as to why JP Kensington plots are cheaper compared to NA plots -

1. The rates quoted in JP are in sq yards whereas in NA land it is in sq mtrs. So effectively you increase the JP plot prices by about 20% to have a fair comparison of the two rates.

2. Lot of construction activity is happening around JP plots of other JP high-rise buildings, resulting in dust/pollution/debris etc.

3. Uncertainty in buyers mind about JP (delivery of the project overall and negative market sentiments for the group). Though the plots possession is already given to buyers here but its larger success will also be dependent on the project delivery and final outcome.

4. NA plots nearby are more in a condition for people to start constructing and using for self residence. There is still some time for people to start living in JP plots. The first mover resistance is there for JP plots.

5. I think there is some issue as far as map approval is concerned for JP plots from Noida Authority (not sure though).

Others may also please add here for better understanding of this very valid observation by narana.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zohaib2012
    Noida Expressway Small Plots like Jaypee are Very Good...they give you a good flexibiity of being able to use for END USE as well

Zohaib, Problem with Ganesh Nagar, Geeta colony, pandav nagar, Jamia is that these areas dont have that "ooomp factor"...:):) MNC Junta like me wont like to get the hands dirty. We are not fulltime into RE. Its just 1% of our time spent. That's why I look for something more mature. And within this , try to maximize the returns.

We know buying large parcels of land can even give bigger returns. But my types want investment which should be like old Hero Hinda slogan: Fill IT- Shut It-Forget-It.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RSolutions
    @narana - My understanding as to why JP Kensington plots are cheaper compared to NA plots -

1. The rates quoted in JP are in sq yards whereas in NA land it is in sq mtrs. So effectively you increase the JP plot prices by about 20% to have a fair comparison of the two rates.

2. Lot of construction activity is happening around JP plots of other JP high-rise buildings, resulting in dust/pollution/debris etc.

3. Uncertainty in buyers mind about JP (delivery of the project overall and negative market sentiments for the group). Though the plots possession is already given to buyers here but its larger success will also be dependent on the project delivery and final outcome.

4. NA plots nearby are more in a condition for people to start constructing and using for self residence. There is still some time for people to start living in JP plots. The first mover resistance is there for JP plots.

5. I think there is some issue as far as map approval is concerned for JP plots from Noida Authority (not sure though).

Others may also please add here for better understanding of this very valid observation by narana.

With your post , It seems JP plots still have some value left.

2nd gap I realized is Gurgaon HUDA plots .....
    Why the hell they are cheaper than Noida ?
    In same area where flats are selling at 10K in Gurgaon, plot prices are 80K-90K/sqm.
    In Noida, flats at 8K and plots at 125K/sqm in same area....

More and more companies are still heading towards Gurgaon than Noida. Gurgaon have more MNCs, lesser crime, more avg salary than Noida. Why only plot prices has to be lower than Noida, rest everything is higher in Gurgaon( rentals/commercials/flats costs).
    In Gurgaon you can independently register floors which is not possible ion Noida.

Pls throw some light !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Good analysis and options provided by Zohaib but given a choice I would go for Gurgaon for plots. Sector 57 is a better choice and 6k/sqmtrs enhancement is being contested in court. I do not think HUDA will push much for other two enhancements and it could be total 8k/sqyd max. Therefore 60-65K and add to it 8 k would make it 68-73k/sqyd as lucrative deal.

Rates of plots are low in Gurgaon due to various factors and key reasons are:

1. Low FAR as compared to Noida
    2. G+2 structures against Noida/Ghaziabad etc.
    3. cosmopolitan population and nuclear families striving for all facilities in same compound therefore flats are in demand compared to plots.

BTW, FAR may be hiked in near future as the land banks are shrinking for cities like Gurgaon and govt may want to oblige to builder needs. compare 1.75 with that of 3.5 in certain areas of Noida and you can understand the difference easily. People who want to have an independent lifestyle and can afford club membership nearby would go for plots.

All the best and take an informed decision. Do let us know what you finalize.
    CommentQuote
  • The answer may lie in the bye-laws . Gurgaon allows sale and registration of floors . This leads to several families sharing a single plot , which means parking issues, more strain on power and water and less privacy . The exclusivity of living in a Kothi is lost.
    An affluent buyer can buy/build a Villa on a plot in Noida and be sure that the neighbourhood will retain its look and feel .... overall Noida plots are better for self-use and this is reflected in the resale price.

Originally Posted by narana
    With your post , It seems JP plots still have some value left.

2nd gap I realized is Gurgaon HUDA plots .....
    Why the hell they are cheaper than Noida ?
    In same area where flats are selling at 10K in Gurgaon, plot prices are 80K-90K/sqm.
    In Noida, flats at 8K and plots at 125K/sqm in same area....

More and more companies are still heading towards Gurgaon than Noida. Gurgaon have more MNCs, lesser crime, more avg salary than Noida. Why only plot prices has to be lower than Noida, rest everything is higher in Gurgaon( rentals/commercials/flats costs).
    In Gurgaon you can independently register floors which is not possible ion Noida.

Pls throw some light !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by narana
    Zohaib, Problem with Ganesh Nagar, Geeta colony, pandav nagar, Jamia is that these areas dont have that "ooomp factor"...:):) MNC Junta like me wont like to get the hands dirty. We are not fulltime into RE. Its just 1% of our time spent. That's why I look for something more mature. And within this , try to maximize the returns.

We know buying large parcels of land can even give bigger returns. But my types want investment which should be like old Hero Hinda slogan: Fill IT- Shut It-Forget-It.

Also I heard that Ganesh Nagar/Pandav Nagar is sell/purchased on Power of Attorney and not on regitry. that is a risk too.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Stillwaters
    The answer may lie in the bye-laws . Gurgaon allows sale and registration of floors . This leads to several families sharing a single plot , which means parking issues, more strain on power and water and less privacy . The exclusivity of living in a Kothi is lost.
    An affluent buyer can buy/build a Villa on a plot in Noida and be sure that the neighbourhood will retain its look and feel .... overall Noida plots are better for self-use and this is reflected in the resale price.

Stillwaters, Even in Noida Kothi's are not built now. Just have a look at sector 19-20-14-15-55 etc....Everyone is making floors...and parking is a major issue in old plotted sectors where almost 100% are consturcted.

Forget about issues, independent registry happens for 180sqy and above in Gurgaon. And sellers ask for higher price because of this reason.

Even Indrapuram/Ghaziabad plot prices are higher than Gurgaon.

Has it to do something with UPites and Harayanavi's ? From every corner of UP , people love to invest in plots in Noida/Ghaziabad...whereas Haryanavi's are spread and invest in various locations like Gurgaon, Manesar, Faridabad, Sonipat, Hisar etc. Therefore, demand is less for Gurgaon..

2ndly, Every builder in Gurgaon launches # of plots, whereas blood sucker bldrs of Noida lauch only flats. Therefore, total no. of plots in Gurgaon is much higher than Noida ??

Has someobody analysed about total # of plots in Noida /Gurgaon ?

I just want to understand and find arbritrage in Gurgaon....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by smart111
    Good analysis and options provided by Zohaib but given a choice I would go for Gurgaon for plots. Sector 57 is a better choice and 6k/sqmtrs enhancement is being contested in court. I do not think HUDA will push much for other two enhancements and it could be total 8k/sqyd max. Therefore 60-65K and add to it 8 k would make it 68-73k/sqyd as lucrative deal.

Rates of plots are low in Gurgaon due to various factors and key reasons are:

1. Low FAR as compared to Noida
    2. G+2 structures against Noida/Ghaziabad etc.
    3. cosmopolitan population and nuclear families striving for all facilities in same compound therefore flats are in demand compared to plots.

BTW, FAR may be hiked in near future as the land banks are shrinking for cities like Gurgaon and govt may want to oblige to builder needs. compare 1.75 with that of 3.5 in certain areas of Noida and you can understand the difference easily. People who want to have an independent lifestyle and can afford club membership nearby would go for plots.

All the best and take an informed decision. Do let us know what you finalize.

1+ and 1- for Noida/GN:

smart111, Is completion necessary in Gurgaon ? Here its mandatory...And advantage of that is if you have taken a plot with completion on loan, it is treated as house and entire interest on homeloan get's tax exemption.

However, registry + transfer is damn expensive. Comes out to be apporx 8% of property value.
    CommentQuote
  • This is a valid point - Gurgaon probably has a much higher supply of residential plots . I'm not too sure about the role played by demand from the 'UP wallahs' :) but it is true that from every corner of the state thy aspire to have an address in Noida. But that demand would be for flats mostly (my guess).

Originally Posted by narana
    Stillwaters, Even in Noida Kothi's are not built now. Just have a look at sector 19-20-14-15-55 etc....Everyone is making floors...and parking is a major issue in old plotted sectors where almost 100% are consturcted.

Forget about issues, independent registry happens for 180sqy and above in Gurgaon. And sellers ask for higher price because of this reason.

Even Indrapuram/Ghaziabad plot prices are higher than Gurgaon.

Has it to do something with UPites and Harayanavi's ? From every corner of UP , people love to invest in plots in Noida/Ghaziabad...whereas Haryanavi's are spread and invest in various locations like Gurgaon, Manesar, Faridabad, Sonipat, Hisar etc. Therefore, demand is less for Gurgaon..

2ndly, Every builder in Gurgaon launches # of plots, whereas blood sucker bldrs of Noida lauch only flats. Therefore, total no. of plots in Gurgaon is much higher than Noida ??

Has someobody analysed about total # of plots in Noida /Gurgaon ?

I just want to understand and find arbritrage in Gurgaon....
    CommentQuote