I am a frustrated buyer of a unit in Jaypee Wishtown, Noida. I booked in Nov, 2009 & still don;t have hopes of getting my unit in next 12 months. Paying heavy rent & EMIs.

During 2012-13, the Jaypee buyers formed a group & started meeting the Jaypee management to put some pressure for expediting the work. When the meetings started getting momentum & we managed to bring Jaypee's attention to the key issues of delays & un-justified penalty clause, suddenly some differences popped up among the key members & the meetings with Jaypee abruptly stopped. Some members said "Jaypee managed to break the group by giving some proposals to some of the key members. These members then defocussed the group & all efforts of other innocent buyers gone into vain. I am not sure if this really happened. I doubt that somebody can really cheat a big group just for very minimal personal gain.

After almost one year, the momentum again started against Jaypee with some effective meeting in Jan & Feb, 2014. But now suddenly the efforts seems to have been stopped.

I wonder what really happens to the group Why it goes into a deep hybernation after getting some momentum? How to avoid this & keep the pressure ON? Whay Jaypee buyers are not worried with 2 year, 3 year, 4 years delays in their projects?

Please note, Jaypee is planning to give possession of very few towers in Klassic & Kosmos just to bring some positive wave. After that everything is going to enter a deep silence with no possession atleast for next 18 months.

So Wishtown buyers, please remain united & fight with Jaypee together to get justice.
Read more
20 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I agree with you , there were some people in the group who agreed to long delay in meeting and then next meeting attendance is nil ,as a group member we told in last meeting we should not wait for 3 weeks to listen them that day itself they can call whoever and take the decision but that did not happen and the people who agreed to this date never came in the next meeting . we should refocus and plan big meeting now otherwise possession will be a distant dream
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gareeb das
    I am a frustrated buyer of a unit in Jaypee Wishtown, Noida. I booked in Nov, 2009 & still don;t have hopes of getting my unit in next 12 months. Paying heavy rent & EMIs.

During 2012-13, the Jaypee buyers formed a group & started meeting the Jaypee management to put some pressure for expediting the work. When the meetings started getting momentum & we managed to bring Jaypee's attention to the key issues of delays & un-justified penalty clause, suddenly some differences popped up among the key members & the meetings with Jaypee abruptly stopped. Some members said "Jaypee managed to break the group by giving some proposals to some of the key members. These members then defocussed the group & all efforts of other innocent buyers gone into vain. I am not sure if this really happened. I doubt that somebody can really cheat a big group just for very minimal personal gain.

After almost one year, the momentum again started against Jaypee with some effective meeting in Jan & Feb, 2014. But now suddenly the efforts seems to have been stopped.

I wonder what really happens to the group Why it goes into a deep hybernation after getting some momentum? How to avoid this & keep the pressure ON? Whay Jaypee buyers are not worried with 2 year, 3 year, 4 years delays in their projects?

Please note, Jaypee is planning to give possession of very few towers in Klassic & Kosmos just to bring some positive wave. After that everything is going to enter a deep silence with no possession atleast for next 18 months.

So Wishtown buyers, please remain united & fight with Jaypee together to get justice.

Buyers are themselves to blame .... Everyone want some leader to fight their cause ... they don't want themselves to fight the case because it takes tremendous time, energy and effort. ... Some people come forward and lead but they don't get sustained support from buyers. On the contrary they get harassed by JP cronies (Employees)... Construction could have not come to this stage if people like Venkat Iyer, Pramod Rawat etc have not put pressure for years all together ... Builder don't fear anybody since they know Govt, Police walas and Noida Authority are in their pocket and they can milk buyers to any extent.
    CommentQuote
  • Sometimes its easy to assume this way and blame ones who tried to put efforts.

I have first hand experience of this situation. When you try to lead a group the exceptions are very high. However, you hardly get people's support. Everybody wants you to stand for them. We have around 900 members (consider 500 genuine) in LP. When we seek support for meeting, only a bunch of them show interest. Among those who does show interest will have commitment to take kids out, shopping with biwi on weekend and they will ditch you at last moment.

This is when you are left standing alone and builder and their staff laugh at you. This when the leader gives up and think that one day someone else will stand up for him as well.

Then their is investor lobby who bully you for degrading their asset. Investors are responsible for half of the mess in RE. Throw as much shit as you can and they will be mute spectators of the abuse. Some of them even "chatu" builders while sipping coffee in their offices and abuse the buyers who are fighting.
    CommentQuote
  • But the question is why doesnt Jaypee want to construct and give possession?
    This malpractice escalates their cost of construction, spoils their image etc etc.
    What gain does it give to a builder like jaypee who doesnt have to buy new land and all.
    CommentQuote
  • very simple logic. This is the best way to collect funds and use in much imp business.

All you have to pay to buyer is few penny as penalty, sometime that too can be covered.

Small builder take loan from market at upto 25%.

Originally Posted by akash.g
    But the question is why doesnt Jaypee want to construct and give possession?
    This malpractice escalates their cost of construction, spoils their image etc etc.
    What gain does it give to a builder like jaypee who doesnt have to buy new land and all.
    CommentQuote
  • Having registered association is must - but it is also difficult to achieve because collecting just 9 people, 20,000 Rs and filing all the paperwork is difficult. Once registered association is there, then things really gain momentum. That was my experience from another builder and which is totally missing from Jaypee buyers. Arvindji has collected 16,000 Rs now and I had collected 5000 Rs some 1.5 years ago. So we have just enough to get registration done.

But getting registration from Meerut is a difficult task - we need just 1-2 people who can brave UP govt offices and the travel to Meerut. I am relying on Arvindji for this because I cant get it done and I have nobody else (family, employee or another volunteer JP customer) who can do the running around. So we have to wait while Arvindji gets the association made.

Without association, just going and shouting at Jaypee is futile. Yes, the previous newspaper articles were very very useful. If someone sends me a link, I can put together a blog against Jaypee.

In the meantime, I want to approach Pehredar through some of you. I ask you all to do the following:

Please create twitter accounts or use your existing ones

Please follow @priyankasambhav who runs the show and @krazzywall (note double z and double l). I had created another handle for this purpose but it got suspended.

The number of followers of @priyankasambhav should exeed 1000 though your efforts.

Tweet @priyankasambhav about your main problems at Jaypee. Since you will be my followers at krazzywall, I will be able to follow your activities. For emergencies like account suspension, you can also follow @venkytalks and @CleanUpRE which I had created for this purpose but got suspended.

Some of you petition pehredar on email. I have inserted links on all our Wishtown and Jaypee Facebook groups.

Let us see what happens. I have posted more details on the facebook page - please see.
    CommentQuote
  • I agree very much with Amit. People expect that some one else should do all job and they should just sit in offices and write angry mails against builder or keep asking others (who mistakenly believed that others will support them in field if they take the lead) that what is happening. It deosnt work!. Even if you can form a group, there will always be few ones who are just there to see and report to builder/broker and try to become builder friendly to get some negligible benefits.
    Unless you have registered group and some serious people who can work in dedicated manner, any effort is futile. Going to court without a group's dedication is also useless. Lawyer will just keep charging his/her fees and nothing will move unless some group keeps pressure and follow the proceeding very closely.
    CommentQuote
  • Update: My suspended account is now active. But to be on safe side, follow @venkytalks, @krazzywall and @CleanUpRE just to be on safe side in case for some reason accounts are suspended mysteriously. Of course, dont forget to follow @priyankasambhav (you will find me following her on all 3 accounts).

Plus of course, inform her by tweeting your problem regarding Jaypee. Whether it is super area or delay or inadequate compensation for inordinate delay.

At least 5+ email complaints also have to be sent to "pehredar on facebook" - please find the link on the Facebook groups (2) for Jaypee Wishtown and Jaypee Kosmos (the three big ones)
    CommentQuote
  • i agree with amit in last meeting only 7-8 people turned up and when we were pushing in last meeting to sort out the issue on same day then group members said that we should give them time , but in next meeting no one turned up whom to blame the organizers its very easy but problem is that until mass is there behind the moderator they don't listen , it's very easy to do commentary from facebook and blame others but sitting at home and not doing anything .
    CommentQuote
  • Has Jaypee stopped construction ?

Today, I had visited the site & horrified to see no construction activity in KPA ! Can anyone update me on Japee as it looks the builder is bankrupt
    CommentQuote
  • Its not going bankrupt.

Arvindji is running the DTPOWS association. They are trying legal remedies.

I am out of it since fighting with another builder through another association (Ramprastha).

We have already sent legal notice in that. Dont know where Arvindji has reached.

It took one month of efforts just to draft legal notices.
    CommentQuote
  • Jaypee Wishtown SuperArea Increase

Dear All Investors in Jaypee Wishtown

This has been learnt that Jaypee has increased superarea by 10 to 12% across all projects of Wishtown and carpet area remains unchanged . This clearly reflect that how the common people are being cheated by these fraud builder .

This is the high time that we all sufferer get joined together and teach this big cheater builder and tough lesson . For this , We need to file a joint legal case and I am quite hopeful that very soon this builder will be taken to task by Indian Judicial System .

To proceed further in this noble deed , I suggest that all members should make a WhatsApp group and then decide for future course of action . I am confident that our united approach shall certainly save our hard earned money from these big fraud builder .

Look forward to see further input from fellow members .
    CommentQuote
  • Mr Mittal - in my opinion go to Facebook where there are many forums on WT and many people joining together in groups and approaching NCDRC

I'd say don't invent the wheel, join people already active and hv done all research and are filing cases
    CommentQuote
  • Fighting for your rights

Hi Amit/Venky,

How is your fight against LB going? Did the court remove the gag order issued?

I would like to apologize for the lengthy post in advance.

For all those fighting the fight, keep going and know win or loss, trust me you would look back with a smile.

I want to share my small experience of the USA. My car was damaged(engine, so it did not run) by the serviceman of a company. I actually supported them over and over as they kept saying we filed for insurance and would give the money etc.

1) Eventually after 5 months of constant bickering, I finally got the cheque, much lower than what they mentioned.

2) To my shock i received the email from company claiming thousands for storing the car for 5 months and refused to return it to me. They never mentioned it before, no paperwork for it existed and it was out of the blue that this took place. The parking charge they used was $126 a day for storing in their open facility (To compare, in NYC the max is $45 a day for parking)

Here is the point, all my well wishers etc, etc said let it go, settle with them, said they were busy, people who were on vacation and were ready to travel with me for drinks during that time, wouldn't go to the same area with me when i requested to go to the police station of the area.

When I went to police, they refused to register fir :)(yes, in the usa). They then sent me to pillar to post. Eventually to consumer court, which said the most you would get is a paper notifying a financial amount the company owes me for the car, but the company could simply declare bankruptcy, rename themselves and not pay me a dime.

I hired a lawyer and even he initially said odds were against me, but i suggested that since this company was on a growth path they would not run away and he wrote a legal letter to them saying if by X date they do not comply we are going to court(before this i used to threaten legal action, but never followed up)

Guess what, day 2 of that email, the lawyer called me that company agreed to return my car, drop all charges of cost.

It took 7 months, but we won. The only reason i mention this here is

1) Know you are fighting for the right cause, so the fight itself is worth it. Win or loss come later. And prepare to fight alone.

2) No FIR, running from one police station to another then to muni court to small claims court etc...sounds familiar? Odds were always against me.
    Had i let it go, my car with my number plates would be with their mechanic, if it was involved in some shady business, i could be dragged into it!

3) It eventually takes an official legal letter to start the process. i.e. meeting with jaypee/LB, personally may push one tower here and there, they would not change. Even for negotiation include a lawyer who can use legal language.

4) Not only did my experience help build my character, it also showed me who amongst me are snakes and who I could look forward to stand by me.

Please note my personal situation

1) I am in KM -11, bought in 2011 and predicted while buying that possession would be in Dec 2014, hence i am not at the same level of frustration some others who bought earlier
    2) I live abroad, hence availability is just not there for court battle
    3) The only other grievance is against the malpractice of super area, which is best fought post possession.

Hope this was helpful, good luck and stay strong
    CommentQuote
  • Hi
    Am new to this group and thread...I am sailing in the same boat

I had bought a unit in JP WISH TOWN CLASSIC in 2009...it has been 6.5 years but have not got the possession

Every time I visit the site to inquire , I am given a deadline that is 7-9 months away. Recently they told me that due to paucity of funds progress was not happening. A person in marketing told me that even his salary was pending:(
    Whereas I have deposited 90% of total cost. It is disappointing.

Agree that all buyers should stand united...wondering if another attempt can be made ?

Thanks
    JS
    CommentQuote