Finding out if you will get enough sunlight in your appt/house in noida

Last updated: February 27 2010
21 | Posts
5909 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding out if you will get enough sunlight in your appt/house in noida

Many a times we would have noticed that especially during winters, a house/appt does not get enough sunshine.
    Since you cannot do anything about it after the house/appt is bought - in my view it should be an important consideration to be made while buying/booking a appt/house.
    For the benefit of everyone - I am sharing a tool which I use to determine if the appt/house will get enough sunlight/sunshine all the year round.
    This is a chart which has the daylight plotted during summers and winters, for the latitude/longitude of Noida.
    Steps to use this chart.
    1 - Take a printout of this chart
    2 - You need to know in your building plan what is the north.
    3 - Superimpose the printout you took over the building plan while aligning the north of your appt/house to the north mentioned in this printout.
    4 - The green cirle shows the sun's path during peak summers, the blue path shows the sun's path during peak winters.
    5 - The timings of the sun are plotted on the blue/green paths. Use these timings to determine which room will be facing the sunlight at which time.
    It might be a little difficult to understand in the first go but as you try it out this will turn out to be a easy job. Please use this thread for all your questions so that others can benefit from your queries.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	noida.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	2282434

Re : Finding out if you will get enough sunlight in your appt/house in noida

Good tool. Thanks.

Comment

thanks for the tool

Comment

Originally posted by rajeev rana
        People are more worried about possession & Quality. Do u have some tool to gauge that. Surya(Sun) to Devta hai. Unko to log mana hi lenge
        Yes - buy a flat which is already built - will be expensive initially but will pay you handsomely in the long run

Comment

Good, thanks for posting.

Comment

Even aliens are learning from you

Comment

Hi,
              Thanks for the tool, hoeever i have one query....does the yellow shaded area mean we will have sunlight in that area during summers as well as winters ?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by AnupamKhurana View Post
                Hi,
                Thanks for the tool, hoeever i have one query....does the yellow shaded area mean we will have sunlight in that area during summers as well as winters ?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks
                The green arc shows the path of the sun during peak summers
                the blue arc shows the path of the sun during peak winters.
                Yes technically speaking the yellow shaded area shows the area which will have sunlight both in summers & winters.

Comment

Thanks for clarifications...Cheers

Comment

Hi,

But here if the height of the towers is 19 floors, it becomes really difficult to guess whether the flat will get the sunlight.what say ?

Thanks
                    Siddharth

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X