Is it safe to invest in Noida? Each builder is claiming that there property would fetch you a return of 17% or so. Is it true? or just a hype to sell the property.

My observation has been that there are no buyers for flats in resale in Noida these days.. Whats the fun of having a property which is not at all sellable in the open market
Read more
12 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Housing is basic necessity….

How many option left in NCR (close to center of the city CP, Nehru Place etc etc….)?

Who is providing housing (what is the role of The Government)?

Where to go, to fulfill needs for the housing?

Return on investment came’s next……….
    CommentQuote
  • 17% is not a decent return.
    CommentQuote
  • Builders create a hype around the increase in property rates. In actual the gain is only 12-13 percent per annum. This is not worth with the amount of risk involves in it.
    CommentQuote
  • To your question that

Is it safe to Invest in Noida?

I would say

"It is as safe as is living in India"
    CommentQuote
  • In current scenario it is not wise to invest in Noida, most of the projects are have some or the other land issue,
    NGT is still going on and today's HC order on Sector 107 Noida....Noida authority seems have done lot of goof-up's not at all trustworthy, would suggest not to invest your hard earn money in Noida.
    CommentQuote
  • On contrary ..I believe this is the best time to invest in Noida but in RTM property. NGT will be closed within this month.

Prices will start raising as soon as issue close and some of the societies start getting OC.

This is best time to crack some good deal. Fortune comes with risk..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Indian Real Estate Forum mobile app
    CommentQuote
  • wait for 2-3 yrs and you will get deals like buy 2 get 1 free.
    CommentQuote
  • Invest in Noida ??????

Hmmmm....lets look at facts

1. Number of flats UC in Noida today are MORE than ALL houses and flats made in Noida from its inception day till today ( and i am not even talkinh about next door noida extn availablity)

2. 90% projects UC are MIG / Budget segment having same sizes and specs as next door noida extn which is cheaper ( and with new hindon bridge, noida extn will be much more closer...just 5 min drive)

3. Highest F.A.R in NCR and one of the worst builders meaning Quality is compromised

I am a businessman and one simple rule which has been handed over to us since generatoons of sucessful businessmen...

Every business is depended on demand and supply ratio
    and
    Quality

Noida has WORST demand and supply ratio

And due to highest density...staring at major quality issues

I am not even getting into farmer issues, cheat authority, etc etc etc

Mere oversupply and higj density is enuf to dampen its value

Since 2013 till today Noida has given NEGATIVE returns.

Properties which were 5000 psf in 2013 are still at same rate and with lesser interest from buyers

This is a Negative 10% return
    Not to forget headachr of daily issues
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zohaib2012
    Invest in Noida ??????

Hmmmm....lets look at facts

1. Number of flats UC in Noida today are MORE than ALL houses and flats made in Noida from its inception day till today ( and i am not even talkinh about next door noida extn availablity)

2. 90% projects UC are MIG / Budget segment having same sizes and specs as next door noida extn which is cheaper ( and with new hindon bridge, noida extn will be much more closer...just 5 min drive)

3. Highest F.A.R in NCR and one of the worst builders meaning Quality is compromised

I am a businessman and one simple rule which has been handed over to us since generatoons of sucessful businessmen...

Every business is depended on demand and supply ratio
    and
    Quality

Noida has WORST demand and supply ratio

And due to highest density...staring at major quality issues

I am not even getting into farmer issues, cheat authority, etc etc etc

Mere oversupply and higj density is enuf to dampen its value

Since 2013 till today Noida has given NEGATIVE returns.

Properties which were 5000 psf in 2013 are still at same rate and with lesser interest from buyers

This is a Negative 10% return
    Not to forget headachr of daily issues

It would have been good if you could talk with facts/numbers when talking about demand for housing and supply of houses vis-a-vis population and then see if its less or more.

Also from within the supply available there are A, B and C category projects, not all are same.....so buyers for each category are different.

Cannot paint all noida projects with same brush. A person who cannot afford Delhi/Gurgaon and does not want to live/invest in Gaziabad/Faridabad does not have much choice so close to Delhi with such great infrastructure facilities as are available on Noida Expressway.

Just because current sentiment towards a fundamentally good product is not positive doesnt mean it is bad.

In investing I have learnt that one should buy when everyone is selling and sell when everyone is buying, so readers can decide themselves.

Noida expressway is a fundamentally good resale estate choice though various projects on it may vary in quality/facilities/brand etc.

It amazing that u calculate real estate returns over just one year period(2013-14)...why?

If GOOD rtm projects like Pearl Gateway/ATS can command prices of Rs.12k-14k....I am sure other GOOD new projects can also easily command 8k-10k plus in next 2-3 years with better facilities and new construction when they are rtm.

PS: I can only talk of projects on noida expressway nearer to Delhi.....rest interior sectors of noida, noida extension and greater noida I do not follow much.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tarun3480
    Is it safe to invest in Noida? Each builder is claiming that there property would fetch you a return of 17% or so. Is it true? or just a hype to sell the property.

My observation has been that there are no buyers for flats in resale in Noida these days.. Whats the fun of having a property which is not at all sellable in the open market

Exactly.... one plot or flat are resale multiple times. Is there anything a buyer can do it, if he is stuck in such havoc ? What can be done ? Will law do any good in this regard ?
    CommentQuote
  • Do u mean noida-greater noida expressway??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Indian Real Estate Forum mobile app
    CommentQuote
  • When investing in Noida consider for following:

1. Future increase in FAR which would result in stagnation in prices and

2. increase in cost price due to additional compensation to farmers.

Both will eat into whatever appreciation, if any, is there in Noida
    CommentQuote