Safety concerns in Noida

Last updated: March 11 2010
25 | Posts
3934 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety concerns in Noida

A recent Liveability index rates noida as 27th city in india and the primary reason for noida being rated this far are safety conditions and health management problems.It would be great if the knowledgeable members here could throw light on the saftety front. Can we expect the expressway projects to be any safer? Thanks!
    Last edited March 10 2010, 07:00 PM. Reason: the original message was vague

Re : Safety concerns in Noida

Do you seriously expect a discussion here? I mean what would make sense to you - crime statistics sectorwise yearwise.. Dunno who did that nutty survey but Noida is far better than 26 other cities in India.. that much many folks can tell you here - inspite of many cremation grounds, STP's and fake builders

Comment

Hi Capreal,

I have just gone by what is there for all of us to read and that is concerning me. You can find this information on the front page of yesterday's TOI or Hindu. The survey was conducted by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) which should be believable to an extent. Your confidence that noida is better than 26 cities does provide a sense of relief for me since I have invested here too. But, still, we would want to know the ground reality from ppl who have actually been staying in Noida and if they feel comfortable on safety front. Thats all!
      Thanks!

Comment

Hi Nishant,

For ppl who stay outside noida it seems that noida is crime capital of the country.Its very scary sometimes when you hear lot of stories.
        I am saying tht becoz I also dont stay in noida currently, I had invested their but sometimes it come to mind do I really want to move their,bcoz we all are concerned about our families.
        I think we cant believe media bocz they are expert in blowing out things out of proportion.
        Only ppl who are staying in noida or who have being staying their for a long time can give real feedback about the situation on the ground.safety situation is improving or getting worst?

Comment

Originally posted by tyagi_rajat View Post
          Hi Nishant,

For ppl who stay outside noida it seems that noida is crime capital of the country.Its very scary sometimes when you hear lot of stories.
          I am saying tht becoz I also dont stay in noida currently, I had invested their but sometimes it come to mind do I really want to move their,bcoz we all are concerned about our families.
          I think we cant believe media bocz they are expert in blowing out things out of proportion.
          Only ppl who are staying in noida or who have being staying their for a long time can give real feedback about the situation on the ground.safety situation is improving or getting worst?
          its all rubbish .... noida is one of the safest places in India .. I have been staying here since last 10 years.

The crime incidents reported in newspapers are mainly from the rural areas in or around Noida ... these things seldom have any impact on the urban population.

Comment

How would you answer these?

1. Do you feel safe when returning from work at 9:00 pm nigth? or feel goosebumps

2. Do you feel safe when retuning from railway station at 1:00 am? or drive very very fast lest someone may stop you

3. Assuming you live in a secure apt, do you feel need to be extra careful when you travel with wife and kids?

4. Do you generally take pepper spray or some other weapon of self defence in your car in general ?

5. Do you feel the need for safety baloons in your car or is this a pressing thought?

I apologize if someone gets hurt or feel indignant in reading these questions. But given a very generic nature of topic, these questions would atleast keep the discussion focussed

Brickbats please!

Comment

Originally posted by trialsurvey View Post
              its all rubbish .... noida is one of the safest places in India .. I have been staying here since last 10 years.

The crime incidents reported in newspapers are mainly from the rural areas in or around Noida ... these things seldom have any impact on the urban population.
              no its not

Comment

[quote=1ohan;61670]How would you answer these?

1. Do you feel safe when returning from work at 9:00 pm nigth? or feel goosebumps

2. Do you feel safe when retuning from railway station at 1:00 am? or drive very very fast lest someone may stop you

3. Assuming you live in a secure apt, do you feel need to be extra careful when you travel with wife and kids?

4. Do you generally take pepper spray or some other weapon of self defence in your car in general ?

5. Do you feel the need for safety baloons in your car or is this a pressing thought?

Ans. 1&2: YES
                3,4&5: NO. Noida is a safe place buddy.
                VKS

Comment

noida is as safe as gurgaon and most of the areas of delhi (for eg dwarka which is the hotbed of crime in del)......

Comment

Frankly, some of these questions are quite childish.. but I'll put in my responses inline..

Originally posted by 1ohan View Post
                    How would you answer these?

1. Do you feel safe when returning from work at 9:00 pm nigth? or feel goosebumps... I usually return home between 11 PM - 2 AM. Never felt unsafe because I am in Noida. In fact, when I enter Noida (either from DND or Kalindi, the streets appear safer). Yeah, I wouldnt venture out on streets at that time with females or kids but never a problem in last 4-5 years

2. Do you feel safe when retuning from railway station at 1:00 am? or drive very very fast lest someone may stop you - How is this question different from #1

3. Assuming you live in a secure apt, do you feel need to be extra careful when you travel with wife and kids? even if I dont live in a secure apartment, I would always be extra careful when I am with family, Noida or Calcutta or Coimbatore...

4. Do you generally take pepper spray or some other weapon of self defence in your car in general ? katta

5. Do you feel the need for safety baloons in your car or is this a pressing thought? how the F*** is safety baloon in a car related to Noida??

I apologize if someone gets hurt or feel indignant in reading these questions. But given a very generic nature of topic, these questions would atleast keep the discussion focussed

Brickbats please!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X