Status & Impact Of The Resident's Welfare Association (RWA), Noida

Last updated: July 29 2014
41 | Posts
6325 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status & Impact Of The Resident's Welfare Association (RWA), Noida

Initially not interested to write on RWA because when everyone is fighting for possession then writing on RWA is not worth but after getting so many messages about RWA in different posts, I realised that this topic needs extra thread for detailed discussion.

Question arises why RWA has become a sort of wealth creation for few who individually are not powerful neither politically nor muscle power otherwise they would have taken delay possession penalty or possession from builder !!....Then why RWA is run by useless people in many cases (if not all).....Reason is very simple because out of 600 residents only 20 live like a human are remaining 580 come under sleeping members, non- living things or a respectful word "Neutral" which truly means Useless !!

Anyways, we try to list out what precautions are to be taken for those 600 useless residents who feel proud to silent when only 5 people beat anyone or do any bad activity in their campus ...

1-Tenure of any executive body will not be more than one year.
    2-Any individual can be part of executive body for 2 tenure maximum.
    3-Best option is, one person from each tower must be included in executive body.
    4-Maximum ceiling is to be ensures for expenses so the corruption will not be that much.
    5-Society residents may prepare detailed list of conditions and just give an advt in newspaper for annual maintenance of society with penalty clauses and security money ....and allot a particular day to open all the offers by different parties and lowest bidder may be given "Legal" contract to do society maintenance for 01 year only!!

Actually problem is not with others but with in us because no one wants to shoulder the responsibility but expect optimum output which is next to impossible !! RWA executives spend their time, energy and face all the disputes & tension and in today's selfish world no-one should hope that those RWA members will provide FREE services but their corruption may be minimized by giving contract on open tender basis !!

Your suggestions and remarks are welcome !!
    Last edited July 26 2014, 10:55 PM.

Re : Status & Impact Of The Resident's Welfare Association (RWA), Noida

The only option WAS to let Builder continue maintenance and form an RWA which only gives feedback and suggestions to Builder.

But U.P appartment act has ruined it completely

Even builders willing to maintain...like stellar, ats, purvanchal, jaypee have NO option but to hand over to RWA

With crores involved.....a lot of problems will arise.

One society where I owned a flat
    I got info from tenant....that to show that the present RWA is incapable to handle sexurity.....the other opposing group send goons at main gate following a residents car and try force entry in complex..
    Scaring the shit out of residents....

90% societies have major issues with RWAs and are blee

If someone uses U.P appt act and makes an RWA...then it will be difficult to challenge it legally

1 year is enough to loot

3000 flats....avg. 1200 sq.ft....rs.3 psf per month

1 crore per month

10% easily siphoned off

+ commission from.various agencies

Shared amongst 10
    1 lakh per month easy money

My only suggestion....if possible....let builder maintain and form a rwa to sit on his head and make him work...

But unfortunateky its not possible with U.P appt act anymkre..

Comment

Zohaib, builder manage to run maintenance till final possession only because till that time his experienced manpower is available on that site only without making any expenditure for their living or transport etc but after possession when residents start living in the campus then it will be a costly affair for builder to depute his skilled manpower for such a small show where public dealing is directly involved !!

Comment

Some builders like jaypee, ats, stellar, and purvanchal actually want to maintain their societies as they command premiums over others due to better maintenance

But now they have no choice but to exit thanks to U.P appt act

After 5 years when breakdowns start then a builder...his manpower, resources and even experience helps a lot

And come what may....breakdowns will take place

And unlike simple societies...breakdowns in such soxieties is very complex

DG breakdowns
        Wear and tear
        Basement leaks
        Pipeline leaks
        Seepages
        Fire fighting syatem breakdowns
        Swimming pool leakegs
        Lift breakdowns
        Sewage pumps breakdowns
        Water oumps breakdowns
        Etc etc etc etc

Its very complex and expensive....

And once maintenance amount is set...its almost impossible to increase later....residents protest...

Its a complicated issue

In a society of 500-600 there would be at least 2-3 groups fighting withbeaxh other

In high dense soxieties with 3000
        Families....more moneybis involved....and more groups will form....

Honestly....it will be total chaos

Once the builder leaves

Comment

1-Usually there are 02 DG sets in societies one is bit smaller capacity and other one is of higher capacity.
          2-AMC (annual maintenance contract) with penalty clause is very common for DG sets & lifts like services for interruption free services.
          3-Swimming pools ?? I fear to say that in Noida region swimming pools are like very-2 small water filled pits only where not more than 5-10 people may enjoy swimming (What I observed).
          4-Pumps have a maintenance schedule and if that is honestly followed then breakdown is very rare.
          5-Basement leaks, Pipeline leaks, Seepages....these are due to poor workmanship by builder during construction and those defaulters should not be rewarded by awarding them RWA jobs (as I feel), they will continue to loot as they did in the past....maintenance by builders means we are not ready to learn from bitter past
          Last edited July 27 2014, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Kindly ask any society with RWA about companies running AMC and their standards

They will open your eyes....

You can therotically give solutions but i am telling you whats has been happening for years

Just visit any complex society of ur choice be it sector 50 or 93 and see their condition urself.

I have always said....buy in projects based on their quality
            And maintenance track record

As of now onlybats, stellar, jaypee and purvanchal are in that list

But now with U.P appartment act.....this too shall be a big problem

Comment

Originally posted by zohaib2012 View Post
              Kindly ask any society with RWA about companies running AMC and their standards

They will open your eyes....

You can therotically give solutions but i am telling you whats has been happening for years

Just visit any complex society of ur choice be it sector 50 or 93 and see their condition urself.

I have always said....buy in projects based on their quality
              And maintenance track record

As of now onlybats, stellar, jaypee and purvanchal are in that list

But now with U.P appartment act.....this too shall be a big problem
              Dear Zohaib, First let's post and discuss all the assumptions / misconceptions about working of RWA which we keep permanently in our mind without knowing the root cause....be sure I never write just for making any writing target. Your every question will be answered to the best of my knowledge and if I find any of your stronger poit then will not take 1 sec to agree with you but till now your points are not that much powerful which may stand anywhere if right approach is taken by society residents from possession....believe it or not , it takes very little efforts and minimum time to set the guidelines and standards once !!

if those residents can not spare even that much time for their own comfort then I quit here and 100% agree what you are telling.

Comment

Dear forum mates I hope this topic needs more suggestions and comments and is to be discussed in detailed because most of us are near possession and later or sooner will face RWA working forever till we live in that society...our own suggestions may give a new direction for smoother working of RWA.

your small time to discuss on such topics not only benefit you but huge no of other forum mates & guests too !!....thanks in advance.

Comment

Dear Zohaib, I avoid telling about myself but it is necessary to answer your doubt...I have personally experienced / visited / surveyed 11 different RWAs and their working (I can not name here) and thread was started to discuss everything about RWA right from the beginning !!....what initial mistakes we do and how to avoid them and much more....I can assure you this time your eyes will open once this discussion will over...that's guarantee

Comment

Derek's inputs are praiseworthy indeed, but zohaib has been right from the start and he's on the spot when he says "If someone uses U.P appt act and makes an RWA...then it will be difficult to challenge it legally..." this is what is happening in our society. for every argument they have a reason somewhere hidden in the Act. He's also right in saying 1 year is enough to loot. The RWA has been around for just three months after the builder left and they've already shown a deficit of 16 lakh!
                    Nobody had a problem with the previous security agency, but no. they promptly gave it to an agency which is run by a local. If there are 60 guards on paper, they've employed only 50-51 and i don't need to mention here where does the money go. Actually, it's not about the money only. It's more about people amongst us who are taking others for a ride. that hurts. i remember reading in the forum (zohaib again) where he mentioned how we would start hating each other because of ever growing suspicion. that defeats the whole purpose of living in a gated community. and not just that, if we had bought a plot, there would be an RWA there too and as it recently happened during the elections at Gamma sector, there were so many locals jamming on the road celebrating that we thought we were witnessing General Elections!

+ commission from.various agencies

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X