Last updated: March 22 2010
29 | Posts
3144 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noida - The Golf Capital of India

Hi All,

I found one thing very common in Noida projects that is Golf Course. The new project either will have a golf course or will be near to a golf course or will be surrounded by number of golf courses.

I am not able to understand the fascination for these ...may be my tastes are too outdated . But I still wd prefer many parks (water parks better, like we hav in mumbai) or atleast go carting, swimming pools, indoor/outdoor stadia.

I personally don't like golf ...its not a game ..its a pastime for those who can't play,run, swim or even walk (u can hav carts to carry u from one hole to other)
    In my view, in future, these golf courses will be just plain and simple parks with bushes and small hills ...u know for what purpose (reminding me Buddha park and Safdar Jung ka Madarasa )

Re : Noida - The Golf Capital of India

It does not matter if you like/play golf or not. Just having a 30-40 acres of well maintained lush green close to your home is fantastic.

Comment

Funny :-)

Originally posted by vijvik_7 View Post
      Hi All,

I found one thing very common in Noida projects that is Golf Course. The new project either will have a golf course or will be near to a golf course or will be surrounded by number of golf courses.

I am not able to understand the fascination for these ...may be my tastes are too outdated . But I still wd prefer many parks (water parks better, like we hav in mumbai) or atleast go carting, swimming pools, indoor/outdoor stadia.

I personally don't like golf ...its not a game ..its a pastime for those who can't play,run, swim or even walk (u can hav carts to carry u from one hole to other)
      In my view, in future, these golf courses will be just plain and simple parks with bushes and small hills ...u know for what purpose (reminding me Buddha park and Safdar Jung ka Madarasa )

This was funny though if not maintained, situation can be like this

Comment

) Funny...... specially considering the cost of these apartments who would have the money to buy a golf kit?

Comment

Originally posted by Basant View Post
          It does not matter if you like/play golf or not. Just having a 30-40 acres of well maintained lush green close to your home is fantastic.

30-40 acres lush green land ???? Havent seen that anywhere in India

Yes, instead of the golf course, a lot of properties which promise it, will have a 30-40 acre vacant land but expecting it to be lush green is wishful thinking :p

Golfing and affordable housing never used to go hand in hand ... until I saw the shiny brochures which promise a million dreams to the twinkling eyes of a poor customer ...

Comment

Risk in Golf Course drems !

Originally posted by logicaldude View Post
            30-40 acres lush green land ???? Havent seen that anywhere in India

Yes, instead of the golf course, a lot of properties which promise it, will have a 30-40 acre vacant land but expecting it to be lush green is wishful thinking :p

Golfing and affordable housing never used to go hand in hand ... until I saw the shiny brochures which promise a million dreams to the twinkling eyes of a poor customer ...

We have been witnessing multiple incidents where builder shows empty land/park/large large club initially and later on constructs another towers.

I am afraid if Golf Course dreams of some of us remains dreams and builder creates new towers in this 30-40 acres of lush green land.

Or 9 holes of golf reduces to 1 and lush green land, in absence of maintainance becomes scary
            Last edited March 14 2010, 12:41 AM. Reason: dfdf

Comment

Originally posted by vijvik_7 View Post
              Hi All,

I found one thing very common in Noida projects that is Golf Course. The ne project either ill have a golf course or ill be near to a golf course or ill be surrounded by number of golf courses.

I am not able to understand the fascination for these ...may be my tastes are too outdated . But I still d prefer many parks (ater parks better, like e hav in mumbai) or atleast go carting, simming pools, indoor/outdoor stadia.

I personally don't like golf ...its not a game ..its a pastime for those ho can't play,run, sim or even alk (u can hav carts to carry u from one hole to other)
              In my vie, in future, these golf courses ill be just plain and simple parks ith bushes and small hills ...u kno for hat purpose (reminding me Buddha park and Safdar Jung ka Madarasa )
              VIJVIK............really good joke....hahaha..........i agree here.......

These fool builder dont kno ho difficult is to create a golf club and its very costly to maintain a golf club.....Golf is a game of rich and these foolish builder are attacrating the custmers ith this false promises of GOLF,CRICKET GRD, RACING TRACK etc......

YEH LOG TIME PAR FLAT TOH DE NAHIN SAKTEY.....GOLF KAA KHAAKH DENGE...

Comment

they are already exploiting middle-class dreams of oning plush apartment by displaying sample flats ith expensive furniture and interior decoration. The golf-club is the cherry -topping on the cake-- makes these projects almost unbelievable specially hen the basic orry as soon as one books a flat is hether it ill be delivered on time.

Comment

Golf and Flat

Originally posted by pramad View Post
                  VIJVIK............really good joke....hahaha..........i agree here.......

YEH LOG TIME PAR FLAT TOH DE NAHIN SAKTEY.....GOLF KAA KHAAKH DENGE...

May be they don't deliver Flat on time but deliver Golf Course before time (Just fe acres of greenry ith some holes)
                  Last edited March 15 2010, 11:05 AM. Reason: gg

Comment

Originally posted by coke_indian View Post

May be they don't deliver Flat on time but deliver Golf Course before time (Just fe acres of greenry ith some holes)
                    I hope the villagers nearby dont use the holes for personal use every morning...There ould be no one playing golf anyay ... Thats one use of the holes I can think of :P

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X