Hi All,

I found one thing very common in Noida projects that is Golf Course. The new project either will have a golf course or will be near to a golf course or will be surrounded by number of golf courses.

I am not able to understand the fascination for these ...may be my tastes are too outdated :(. But I still wd prefer many parks (water parks better, like we hav in mumbai) or atleast go carting, swimming pools, indoor/outdoor stadia.

I personally don't like golf ...its not a game ..its a pastime for those who can't play,run, swim or even walk (u can hav carts to carry u from one hole to other)
In my view, in future, these golf courses will be just plain and simple parks with bushes and small hills ...u know for what purpose (reminding me Buddha park and Safdar Jung ka Madarasa ;))
Read more
29 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • It does not matter if you like/play golf or not. Just having a 30-40 acres of well maintained lush green close to your home is fantastic.
    CommentQuote
  • Funny :-)

Originally Posted by vijvik_7
    Hi All,

I found one thing very common in Noida projects that is Golf Course. The new project either will have a golf course or will be near to a golf course or will be surrounded by number of golf courses.

I am not able to understand the fascination for these ...may be my tastes are too outdated :(. But I still wd prefer many parks (water parks better, like we hav in mumbai) or atleast go carting, swimming pools, indoor/outdoor stadia.

I personally don't like golf ...its not a game ..its a pastime for those who can't play,run, swim or even walk (u can hav carts to carry u from one hole to other)
    In my view, in future, these golf courses will be just plain and simple parks with bushes and small hills ...u know for what purpose (reminding me Buddha park and Safdar Jung ka Madarasa ;))

This was funny though if not maintained, situation can be like this
    CommentQuote
  • :)) Funny...... specially considering the cost of these apartments who would have the money to buy a golf kit?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Basant
    It does not matter if you like/play golf or not. Just having a 30-40 acres of well maintained lush green close to your home is fantastic.

30-40 acres lush green land ???? Havent seen that anywhere in India :D

Yes, instead of the golf course, a lot of properties which promise it, will have a 30-40 acre vacant land but expecting it to be lush green is wishful thinking :p

Golfing and affordable housing never used to go hand in hand ... until I saw the shiny brochures which promise a million dreams to the twinkling eyes of a poor customer ...
    CommentQuote
  • Risk in Golf Course drems !

Originally Posted by logicaldude
    30-40 acres lush green land ???? Havent seen that anywhere in India :D

Yes, instead of the golf course, a lot of properties which promise it, will have a 30-40 acre vacant land but expecting it to be lush green is wishful thinking :p

Golfing and affordable housing never used to go hand in hand ... until I saw the shiny brochures which promise a million dreams to the twinkling eyes of a poor customer ...

We have been witnessing multiple incidents where builder shows empty land/park/large large club initially and later on constructs another towers.

I am afraid if Golf Course dreams of some of us remains dreams and builder creates new towers in this 30-40 acres of lush green land.

Or 9 holes of golf reduces to 1 and lush green land, in absence of maintainance becomes scary
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vijvik_7
    Hi All,

I found one thing very common in Noida projects that is Golf Course. The ne project either ill have a golf course or ill be near to a golf course or ill be surrounded by number of golf courses.

I am not able to understand the fascination for these ...may be my tastes are too outdated :(. But I still d prefer many parks (ater parks better, like e hav in mumbai) or atleast go carting, simming pools, indoor/outdoor stadia.

I personally don't like golf ...its not a game ..its a pastime for those ho can't play,run, sim or even alk (u can hav carts to carry u from one hole to other)
    In my vie, in future, these golf courses ill be just plain and simple parks ith bushes and small hills ...u kno for hat purpose (reminding me Buddha park and Safdar Jung ka Madarasa ;))

VIJVIK............really good joke....hahaha..........i agree here.......

These fool builder dont kno ho difficult is to create a golf club and its very costly to maintain a golf club.....Golf is a game of rich and these foolish builder are attacrating the custmers ith this false promises of GOLF,CRICKET GRD, RACING TRACK etc......

YEH LOG TIME PAR FLAT TOH DE NAHIN SAKTEY.....GOLF KAA KHAAKH DENGE...
    CommentQuote
  • they are already exploiting middle-class dreams of oning plush apartment by displaying sample flats ith expensive furniture and interior decoration. The golf-club is the cherry -topping on the cake-- makes these projects almost unbelievable specially hen the basic orry as soon as one books a flat is hether it ill be delivered on time.
    CommentQuote
  • Golf and Flat

Originally Posted by pramad
    VIJVIK............really good joke....hahaha..........i agree here.......

YEH LOG TIME PAR FLAT TOH DE NAHIN SAKTEY.....GOLF KAA KHAAKH DENGE...

:D
    May be they don't deliver Flat on time but deliver Golf Course before time (Just fe acres of greenry ith some holes)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by coke_indian
    :D
    May be they don't deliver Flat on time but deliver Golf Course before time (Just fe acres of greenry ith some holes)

I hope the villagers nearby dont use the holes for personal use every morning...There ould be no one playing golf anyay ... Thats one use of the holes I can think of :P
    CommentQuote
  • The holes are snake pits or rather mice pits on barren fields, that is what is the golf course :), well technicaly you can try playing Golf there :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by logicaldude
    I hope the villagers nearby dont use the holes for personal use every morning...There ould be no one playing golf anyay ... Thats one use of the holes I can think of :P

LOL

Quite likely

Anyway, the space between towers are so cramped, you will only break windows if you actually play golf there :)
    CommentQuote
  • And it is possible i future that every building will have a Golf course then what these builders will do for promotion of their flats ?

They will offer small sized personal Golf course with each Flat. Golf kit wud be freebies :-)))))
    CommentQuote
  • Its all a promotional strategy. They will make big holes so that kids from near by villages fall in them playing and news channels will be covering them which will help them promote their flats :P
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishal1880
    Its all a promotional strategy. They will make big holes so that kids from near by villages fall in them playing and news channels will be covering them which will help them promote their flats :P

LOL ... Heights of imagination !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Next Tiger Woods wud be from Noida
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Friends,

I am new to the forum. I find it to be a great place of quality information and honest opinions.

I currently live in a rented accommodation in South Delhi and pay a large chunk of my salary as rent. Hence wish to buy a property asap. However, I am a little hesitant of paying the huge premiums (read: cash) hence am probably left with no option but to invest in an upcoming property. I wish you people guide me:

a) Is JP kensington a good bet? I was planning to but 1550/1310 sqft apartment on down payment with a loan of around 20 Lakhs. I am in Govt job and my office is near mehrauli hence cant go very far off too....:(

b) Currently living on rent hence cant afford a prolonged delay. Any ideas please

c) Any other property that you people might suggest to me? I looked at Amrapali (but was told their super area/carpet area cuts are high); did not like the location of Pan Oasis and visited Indrapuram/vaishali too. But I am tentatively preferring JP only because of the repute of the builder.

d) When may the loans on JP Kensington Apartments start

d) I am being offered a 6% discount by dealer (3% adjustment and 3% credit note). Any ideas if this can be bettered?

e) Is the phase II of kensington apartments (yet to be launched) a better bet?

Please guide,

Regards,
    Alex
    CommentQuote