Hello,

This thread is intended for a discussion on the construction quality (or the lack of) of the newly delivered/under construction flats in Noida/Gurgaon/Gzb/Fbd region.

Special focus on Noida/Gzb region since this area has seen a massive inventory by both first time and experienced builders.

Every day, we hear about the abysmal quality of conscrutcion by the builders - specially the newly delivered high density flats in Noida. And whats more concerning is that its not just confined to usual low grade builders but even the more reputed ones have shown a downward trend in quality.

There are two aspects to construction quality:

1) Interior construction quality - This is mainly related to quality of fixures/tiles/cp fittings etc. Can be corrected or improved but not changed completely.

2) Structural construction quality - This related to quality of cement:sand/plaster/Pillar strength and quality /Depth of excavation, type and quality of bricks, etc.

While most builders today are compromising on both 1) and 2) today, there is a breed of clever builders who give good quality interior fittings while there structural/build quality is very poor.

So the question arises:

1) Being in highly seismic zone, are our lives not being put to Risk where in point 2) is compromised by the builders?
2) Is there any checklist/method of checking structural build quality of a project ? Since interior fitting/tiles quality can anyway be gauged easily?
3) Are there government norms which have some kind of regulations/set of rules and any monitoring agency that makes sure that these regulations are adhered to by the builder?
Read more
33 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • This is a very important point indeed. If we look at the hierarchy of needs - what is MOST important is structural quality and structural integrity to be retained in times of serious earthquakes/calamities. I have a few inputs to share which I will add in a while
    CommentQuote
  • Ok.....I myself Got a Rather Shock by seeing a Video Posted in below Thread.....and Its Crazy.....
    The builder is considered rather Above Average in Noida circles and if this the Quality they provide...GOD knows what others will

Also posting a Link where SO CALLED Experts with their Suits and Ties on Paid media channels are promoting same project

This EXACT Difference i have always talked about.....REAL and VIRTUAL....

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/noida-real-estate/19884-noida-projects-ki-kahani--pictures-ki-zubani/page298?t=21997&page=298

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfDPQk3hdAU
    CommentQuote
  • This certainly a serious matter of concern. Poor quality of construction, particularly structural one, was the prime reason for many deaths during Ahmadabad earthquake.

As of now, there is no independent third party quality control over builders. Authority passes plans but takes no responsibility for design which is critical element of safety. Architects have no responsibility either. Buyer have no control or assess to quality control issues. Sab Bhagwan ke Bharose!!!

Only God can save us in case of any mishap and these criminal gand of builders, babus, architects will go scot free....
    CommentQuote
  • This is India....and U.P of all the states...!!!

Yahaan expecting the govt to take steps...is being plain FOOLLISH

Each and every Certificate issues by Authority.....to builder...CC...Etc is all PAID FOR

Its Very simple......If One is NOT SATISFIED with quality....SELL AND MOVE ON.....Buy somewhere else...

DONOT WAIT

Things dont fall flat in One day......it takes some time.....if you start feeling quality is not at par....make the EXIT AT RIGHT TIME

Once it becomes apparent to outsiders.....Koi nahin lega....

Anyone Interested to Make a PROPER HOUSE for themselves and their familes...which gives them PEACE OF MIND...and TRUE FEELING and PRIDE of Ownership..and ENSURES that your Retirement is in a Home where you dont have to spend 1000s mainaining it....etc etc etc

BUY A PLOT....AND MAKE YOUR OWN HOME.......PERIOD

Baaki sab BAKWAAS.....Absolute BAKWAAS

All the Mumbo Jumbo about security....social Life etc etc.....is CRAP.
    CommentQuote
  • Zohaib - please can you stick to the topic of the thread and not troll in every place with your continuous mumbo jumbo with the same beginning and ending.

The topic is about the importance of structural quality and other construction quality - if you have something material to add ON TOPIC then add else - please leave the thread be.
    CommentQuote
  • Market is down. So frustrated brokers have nothing else to do....making our life miserable here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zohaib2012
    This is India....and U.P of all the states...!!!

Each and every Certificate issues by Authority.....to builder...CC...Etc is all PAID FOR

Its Very simple......If One is NOT SATISFIED with quality....SELL AND MOVE ON.....Buy somewhere else...

DONOT WAIT

Things dont fall flat in One day......it takes some time.....if you start feeling quality is not at par....make the EXIT AT RIGHT TIME

Anyone Interested to Make a PROPER HOUSE for themselves and their familes...which gives them PEACE OF MIND...and TRUE FEELING and PRIDE of Ownership..and ENSURES that your Retirement is in a Home where you dont have to spend 1000s mainaining it....etc etc etc

My Dear Zohaib.

Fact is that most of your posts are repetitive and fit to be qualified as BAKWAAS and CRAP.

Please see reason.
    CommentQuote
    This is India....and U.P of all the states...!!!

DONOT WAIT

Hahahaha

this is the post while there are posts where you are marketing 3C.
    such a huge contrast.

I am confused which one is "Bakwaas".
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    Zohaib - please can you stick to the topic of the thread and not troll in every place with your continuous mumbo jumbo with the same beginning and ending.

The topic is about the importance of structural quality and other construction quality - if you have something material to add ON TOPIC then add else - please leave the thread be.

Mr.Dinesh.......stop promoting your IN debt Builder who is on verge of collapse IN ALMOST EVERY THREAD and stop following my posts....

I have ALREADY ADDED the most Important ANSWER to this question which obviously you CANT SEE......but Other who want to ...CAN

What "THEORETICAL" Solutions YOU HAVE ????

File a case against the builder ??
    Stand outside his office like a beggar ??
    Bring down the entire Building and ask him to make again ???

Boss this is NAVEDA.....There are Builders who dont even ALLOW Buyers to enter UC premises :)

I have given the Solution.......

See the Quality when you can....even if one is Asked to visit flat Ready to take possession......If one is not happy.....SELL IT....TO A FOOL...who is blinded.....Naveda market is full of such people....koi problem nahin hogi :)

And Buy yourself a Rock Solid Flat.....Or even better a HOUSE....

80% of Buyers in UC concrete Jungles of Naveda will have Quality Issues....

Bahut Lafda hai Idharr....

Jisko samajhna hai samajh le

PS: Anyone who wants to Verify structural strength and quality of a Building....HIRE a Professional.....technology is good enough these days...and they will be able to give you a pretty good idea....

I had recommended this to a friend in Madras...and he got it done for a few thousand Only

Its well worth it.....Better than Paying "processing fee" to Banks who give loans on projects built on land which is Disputed ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Cookie
    Hahahaha

this is the post while there are posts where you are marketing 3C.
    such a huge contrast.

I am confused which one is "Bakwaas".

Mr.Cookie...You are as "VETERAN" as ever.....

Open your eyes and see....

I am the FIRST MEMBER amongst the OCEAN of "VETERANS" here...who talked about ceiling height....and THIN WALLS...and Nonsense Green concept...and Poor ratios

I was the First one who Talked about MAJOR FLAWS in Lotus panache, zing and Boulevard

If you STILL havent Understood that THERE IS A TIME For "Investment"...There is a Time for "END USE"......and how things are seen at diff levels in RE

Then I guess you should BAN yourself ...or at least ditch the "veteran" tag....as its still as amusing as always :)

PS: if anyone still asks me which is the society I should go for In Noida UC inspite of knowing ALL THE ISSUES related to NAVEDA and its Third class Builders and authority....then I will STILL Recommend...PRP,, LZ, Jaypee KB. Akriti Shatiniketan and maybe even SSH

But that doesnt mean I am promoting them

They are merely andhon main kaana raja
    CommentQuote
  • The beauty of VETERANS in this forum is that INSTEAD of ADDING valueable knowledge or Info to this forum...they like to talk about Individual members only

No wonder people have managed 100000 posts with One liners.....talking EVERYTHING But real Estate

Ha !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SMJ2011
    Market is down. So frustrated brokers have nothing else to do....making our life miserable here.

Ha.....dear...If market is down...then Brokers should be PROMOTING the ENDLESS HEAPES of KABAAD in Naveda....so they can sell it to Fools.....Not Finding Faults in them

As always...Common sense is NOT SO common these days :)
    CommentQuote
  • A very good and important topic indeed. There are majorly 2 categories of buyers :
    1. Pure Investors who have no care of quality or strength of building and it makes sense for them. They are here for just margins and sell before registry/possession.
    2. Who have no care for the quality due to their own limitations or really no experience. Salaried persons (who have no time for construction or no time to think even for such issues) and first time inexperienced buyers falls in this category.

The biggest issues which i have seen in newly build apartments are:

-- The biggest issue is in newly built highrise is poor quality of pipelines which is major cause of seepage. Lower the floors, more issues from upper flats.
    -- Next issue is plaster quality - the biggest issue comes due to no water treatment after plaster due to non-availability of so much water and more over no interest from contractors to avoid delay and shorten the construction period and save on labor. This results in plaster coming out after few years and walls are not able to hold anything little more heavier.
    -- Next issue is with underground parking where pipes and electrical fittings are done in very hapzard way. Pipes keep leaking and no one is bothered which weakens the base pillars and plasters and electrical fittings are just hanging and doling here there and inviting accidents.
    -- Lifts are another grey area where builders can save very much by avoiding and not installing life saving components like auto mechanism to stop the lift to next floor when power fails, working intercoms, auto brakes to avoid free - fall, battery backups for light/alarms, AMC from original vendor like OTIS/Kone etc who only can provide genuine parts and proper maintenance etc.

NCR falls in high seismic zone so having any reason which can weakens the structure can be life threatening.
    Builders, who are just increasing the floor numbers, on later statges by buying extra FAR, makes it very prone to any lower strength earth quake.

I dont like the way Zohaib puts his many of his points but i see the points that he makes for having own land and build on it which obviously is not possible for everyone due to their own reasons.
    CommentQuote
    Mr.Dinesh.......stop promoting your IN debt Builder who is on verge of collapse IN ALMOST EVERY THREAD and stop following my posts....

I have ALREADY ADDED the most Important ANSWER to this question which obviously you CANT SEE......but Other who want to ...CAN

What "THEORETICAL" Solutions YOU HAVE ????

File a case against the builder ??
    Stand outside his office like a beggar ??
    Bring down the entire Building and ask him to make again ???

Boss this is NAVEDA.....There are Builders who dont even ALLOW Buyers to enter UC premises :)

I have given the Solution.......

See the Quality when you can....even if one is Asked to visit flat Ready to take possession......If one is not happy.....SELL IT....TO A FOOL...who is blinded.....Naveda market is full of such people....koi problem nahin hogi :)

And Buy yourself a Rock Solid Flat.....Or even better a HOUSE....

80% of Buyers in UC concrete Jungles of Naveda will have Quality Issues....

Bahut Lafda hai Idharr....

Jisko samajhna hai samajh le

PS: Anyone who wants to Verify structural strength and quality of a Building....HIRE a Professional.....technology is good enough these days...and they will be able to give you a pretty good idea....

I had recommended this to a friend in Madras...and he got it done for a few thousand Only

Its well worth it.....Better than Paying "processing fee" to Banks who give loans on projects built on land which is Disputed ;)

Hello - name a thread where I hv talked of JP in anything but JP specific threads.

Name one bro....and I can point out hundreds where you do NOTHING BUT TROLL.

SAME GUN GAN OVER AND OVER. For what - sudden case of guilt - werent u urself selling JP, werent u urself reccomending 3C Zing - what happened now - sudden desire to improve urself? To help others ehh?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ver_amit
    A very good and important topic indeed. There are majorly 2 categories of buyers :
    1. Pure Investors who have no care of quality or strength of building and it makes sense for them. They are here for just margins and sell before registry/possession.
    2. Who have no care for the quality due to their own limitations or really no experience. Salaried persons (who have no time for construction or no time to think even for such issues) and first time inexperienced buyers falls in this category.

The biggest issues which i have seen in newly build apartments are:

-- The biggest issue is in newly built highrise is poor quality of pipelines which is major cause of seepage. Lower the floors, more issues from upper flats.
    -- Next issue is plaster quality - the biggest issue comes due to no water treatment after plaster due to non-availability of so much water and more over no interest from contractors to avoid delay and shorten the construction period and save on labor. This results in plaster coming out after few years and walls are not able to hold anything little more heavier.
    -- Next issue is with underground parking where pipes and electrical fittings are done in very hapzard way. Pipes keep leaking and no one is bothered which weakens the base pillars and plasters and electrical fittings are just hanging and doling here there and inviting accidents.
    -- Lifts are another grey area where builders can save very much by avoiding and not installing life saving components like auto mechanism to stop the lift to next floor when power fails, working intercoms, auto brakes to avoid free - fall, battery backups for light/alarms, AMC from original vendor like OTIS/Kone etc who only can provide genuine parts and proper maintenance etc.

NCR falls in high seismic zone so having any reason which can weakens the structure can be life threatening.
    Builders, who are just increasing the floor numbers, on later statges by buying extra FAR, makes it very prone to any lower strength earth quake.

I dont like the way Zohaib puts his many of his points but i see the points that he makes for having own land and build on it which obviously is not possible for everyone due to their own reasons.

Most veterans are putting across good points and views for newbies. Even from common sense and little experience people know the problem areas in RE sector.

The real problem is when these points are repeated again and again everywhere. Few like Zohaib openly boost that HE and ONLY HE knows about Noida RE and all others are idiots. This attitude is not good.
    CommentQuote