The various reports in news papers and TV seem to suggest that sales in Noida (not talking of Noida extension and Greater Noida) have come to a standstill and there are hardly any sales happening. This could be due to high prices and the buyer reluctant to commit to under construction projects due to huge delay. The RTM are also not selling due to problems owing to NGT Okhla bird sanctuary issue
Now with some light on the horizon for a likely resolution to the NGT issue it is expected that a large number of RTM or close to RTM units would come to market as the investors would like to make an exit before the units open for registry.

Will this lead to an oversupply and a strong correction in the market or with the overhang now over the prices will actually stabilize.

Let us discuss the different aspects and view points on the RE in Noida and weather this is a good time to buy or sell.

Looking forward to participation of all.
Read more
18 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • There is no meaning of 'exit before registry' case because if investors/sellers want to sell before registry the will have to pay hefty transfer charge to builders.
    so basically registry charge almost equal to transfer charge. Hence investors may hold inventory even after registry. But yes, probability of price correction is more as supply is much much in noida.
    CommentQuote
  • Prices already corrected. Will not fall further.

Will stay at these levela for few years
    CommentQuote
  • The transfer charges are to be paid by you and me for big anchor investors there are no transfer charges. In fact in some cases the unit are not even recorded in their names. All sales will happen as direct sale from the builder after you pay premium to the investor
    They would be holding a large supply as have not been able to exit for the last 2 years
    CommentQuote
  • I dont see rates falling from here mate. Short of some global phenomenon. One doesn't realize it but rates have gone down significantly (time and price correction)
    CommentQuote
  • Can someone make an actual calculation with current land price, construction etc to arrive at min price
    CommentQuote
  • Rates will vary very much as per holding power of investor so it cannot be said that rates will remain same. NCR has more than 50 months inventory to be sold and not all can hold when such a huge pipeline already exists. There can be many opportunities in same big projects where rates may vary 20+% for same kind of unit because of too much supply and investor may not have enough holding power.
    Best way is to keep eye on any interesting project and look for such opportunities. There will be many !
    CommentQuote
  • 1. Time to exit for investors is already gone...they have missed the "bus stop"

2. investors have no choice but to wait as buyers are not there....they are not waiting because they want to wait but because they have no other option

3. someone revealed a top brokers / big investors trick....he he he....good people are being made aware....i said a 100 times...70% buyers investors and this is how majority top locations are booked even before pre launch :)

4. Things will NOT improve for investors who hold MIG units as they are going to find increasing competition with every new project becoming rtm

5. HIG unit investors of good projects Havebetterr chance of appreciation...and when I say HIG units..i mean in HIG societies...no flats less than 1400-1500 sq.ft in these societies

6. for end users who are holding properties in bad project realised realised their builder has or will most most likely screwed up....sell and shift to a better project...before the bad project is offered possession and buyers realise its issues

7. New Buyers....DONOT fall for any.bullshit or gimmicks..DONOT dream or buy dreams.....Compare whats on ground and conpare rates psf of carpet area ONLY else u will screw urself very badlybadly

8. getting registry done and then waiting for buyer is WORST advice ...the moment flat registered...its 50% buyerrs are gone.

plus cheap rentals

and heavy maintenance
    CommentQuote
  • While I agree with you on most counts. There are a few good projects that are going RTM that will command a good price. If this was not the case there would have been a massive price correction in existing houses in Sec 50, 62 and 93A. Even now Sec 7x offers an arbitrage opportunity compared to Sec 50 just opposite the road. Sure Sec 7x is congested but then price differential is huge.
    Also Sec 100 and 137 offer very good options without the congestion
    Lastly NA has also issues and have helped builders etc etc but has delivered the best infrastructure in whole NCR. Check the roads, signage, parks etc. Again power and law and order is a problem but this not in the remit of NA
    CommentQuote
  • Mr.Jollygood....this is a CLASSIC mistake people are doing...and even though i have reminded people 1000 times and once again on my post above but somehow people are unable to understand

DONOT FORGET LOADING Factor

u r talking abt societies in sector 50, 93, 63...are u aware of loading in these old societies ??

as low as 15%

Compare rates psf of ONLY carpet area

next.....look at infra of main noida where people living....nothing great....

Infra of new sectors of noida is NOT tested

dont think that road in middle of inhabited sector of expressway is a great infra....its not yet tested

once lakhs of residents fill up...then u will see what i mean
    CommentQuote
  • Zohaib a couple of quick points yes I have considered loading and other points
    The loading in Sec 62 and 50 is low but no amenities. In Sec 93A again may be 15% you can correct me, but price upwards of 8000 psf. On the other side say LB loading 30% price 6000, plus newer construction.
    Sec 7x not advisable due to over all high density of sector leading to pressure on road but this also effects Sec 50. Similarly high density in 137 will effect expressway.
    With the elevated road from Sec 28 to 61 all these prime sectors will have no access to the main road and will travelling below the flyover see the situation in Naraina and other places in West Delhi.
    Also the city centre is moving away from Sec 18 and new places will come up along expressway.
    Finally I believe that Noida has multiple connections to Delhi just a bridge across the Yamuna and more are likely to come up leading to further decongestion.
    Let us identify top 5 projects in Noida that are good to stay for long term leaving aside the old societies / sectors for the time being. This will be a big help for all.
    CommentQuote
  • I just travellled from Sec 62 to Sec 18, the traffic was pathetic. Once the 40 story wave tower and DLF mall is operational this would unmanageable. I think the city is moving towards the expressway. Similar to how people moved from Delhi to Gurgaon. I believe the best gentry and projects will be only towards expressway
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshsays
    I dont see rates falling from here mate. Short of some global phenomenon. One doesn't realize it but rates have gone down significantly (time and price correction)

If the rates stay the same, there will be more time correction.
    CommentQuote
  • Another thing that I would watch out for is if the builder has paid the complete cost of the land to NA.
    The last thing I would want to face is possible eviction from my house if the builder decides to not pay the remaining land cost.

And before anyone gets into "kuch nahI hoga, India me sab adjust ho jata hai", I would not like to live with the tension of court cases and running around sarkari offices and doing dharnas. I have lots of better things to do with my life.
    CommentQuote
  • Sure but if someone wants a house in Noida we need to look in Noida not in Bangalore or Pune where the returns will be higher. The end user is buying house to stay, to call home. There is a big comfort of staying in your own house than staying on rent.
    I believe an end user has to decide if he is likely to stay in that town or place for next 5-10 years, see if he has enough money to make the down payment and pay EMI a little higher than his rent.
    The current downturn and low sales present a good opportunity of picking up a good RTM unit in resale at very attractive price points as there would be many wanting to exit. There is no hurry, do your due diligence.
    The 50 months inventory it misleading as this includes GN, Noida Extn as well.
    End users should focus on RTM only in Noida sectors where density is not an issue.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jollygood
    I just travellled from Sec 62 to Sec 18, the traffic was pathetic. Once the 40 story wave tower and DLF mall is operational this would unmanageable. I think the city is moving towards the expressway. Similar to how people moved from Delhi to Gurgaon. I believe the best gentry and projects will be only towards expressway

Whole of Noida, Indirapuram needs elevated roads throughout.
    CommentQuote