Last updated: August 11 2015
7 | Posts
3434 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWA : Issues

Hi,

I have recently shifted to AWHO housing society in Noida, Sector 82. They are asking for an RWA membership fees of 9000/-. I have earlier stayed in many societies in Gurgaon. However, RWA membership fees in the name of tenant transfer fees is not charged.

Can anyone inform if this is a norm in Noida residential societies. If not, can someone please inform the legal route for the same.
    Last edited September 7 2020, 06:46 AM.

Re : RWA : Issues

Originally posted by niksjun28 View Post
    Hi,

I have recently shifted to AWHO housing society in Noida, Sector 82. They are asking for an RWA membership fees of 9000/-. I have earlier stayed in many societies in Gurgaon. However, RWA membership fees in the name of tenant transfer fees is not charged.

Can anyone inform if this is a norm in Noida residential societies. If not, can someone please inform the legal route for the same.

No this is paid by owner and tenant shouldn't be paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Findestate View Post
      No this is paid by owner and tenant shouldn't be paying for it.
      Hi FindEstate,

Thanks for the info. The RWA is pestering us for the payment and giving threats of disconnecting the electricity supply if not paid. They have a prepaid electricity meter and the recharge of the same is in the hands of RWA.

Would really appreciate if you can tell me any legal recourse of taking them to task since disconnection of electricity is a criminal offense. Also, I wish to be doubly sure about this RWA membership fees.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by niksjun28 View Post
        Hi FindEstate,

Thanks for the info. The RWA is pestering us for the payment and giving threats of disconnecting the electricity supply if not paid. They have a prepaid electricity meter and the recharge of the same is in the hands of RWA.

Would really appreciate if you can tell me any legal recourse of taking them to task since disconnection of electricity is a criminal offense. Also, I wish to be doubly sure about this RWA membership fees.

Thanks.
        why dont you talk to owner? He is supposed to deal with this.
        Thanks

Comment

As Cookie mentioned.... RWA is also correct in this case (no payment no services) but they should be pushing owners rather than tenants, engage owner of the house and ask him take care of RWA charges....

As ultimately you will suffer due to lack of services ask owner to look after these charges...

Comment

SPS Residency Indirapuram RWA in indirapuram demands non refundable deposit of Rs. 5000 from tenants, before granting them NOC to shift.

Comment

Originally posted by dceite View Post
              SPS Residency Indirapuram RWA in indirapuram demands non refundable deposit of Rs. 5000 from tenants, before granting them NOC to shift.
              I believe that this is one of the probable reasons why so many flats in SPS residency are lying vacant. Also the condition of the society is pathetic in terms of maintenance.

Comment

Tags: None
              Have any questions or thoughts about this?
              Working...
              X