Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many parking spaces are ideal?

Collapse
X
Collapse

How many parking spaces are ideal?

Last updated: June 13 2010
5 | Posts
2240 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How many parking spaces are ideal?

    Hi all,

    I just booked my dream home in Blossom County 3 days ago (still quite excited about it) with 1 mandatory covered parking for 2L. I have the option of additional open parkings Rs 1 L/each, covered Rs 2 L/each and back to back covered (for 2 cars) at Rs 3.5 L each.

    I might have 2 cars i my household one for me and 1 for my wife, though I am single now and keep 1 car. I was wonderig if:

    1. its better to buy and additional open parking now itself?
    2. could it be possible that parking space is in shortage and hard to get upon completion?
    3. can the price of parking space also appreciate depending upon demand?
    4. could one possibly rent out/in a parking space from others in the same society depending upon demand? Rs 1000/mth for a Rs 1L open parking is not bad return afterall.
    5. could I park the 2nd car in space designated for visitors?
    6. what is stilt parking and how is it different from open parking?

    FYI Logix claims to be developing B-2 parking suficient for 3400 cars for 2400 flats under the central park. Open and stilt parking will be additional.

    Anyone with experience on these matters - pls advise/comment. Thanks in advance.
  • #2

    #2

    Re : How many parking spaces are ideal?

    A friend bought additional parking for 1 Lakh (covered) in Bangalaore and sold it for 2 Lakhs since he did not need it, being unmarried after 3 years. Open parking/visitor parking was on road side outside the walls in his case and a neighbor wanter it. Builder allowed the transfer.

    I dont think it is a good investment - unlikely to show consistent appreciation
    Last edited June 12 2010, 01:23 PM.
    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

    Comment

    • #3

      #3

      Re : How many parking spaces are ideal?

      Originally posted by onlyvicky View Post
      Hi all,

      I just booked my dream home in Blossom County 3 days ago (still quite excited about it) with 1 mandatory covered parking for 2L. I have the option of additional open parkings Rs 1 L/each, covered Rs 2 L/each and back to back covered (for 2 cars) at Rs 3.5 L each.

      I might have 2 cars i my household one for me and 1 for my wife, though I am single now and keep 1 car. I was wonderig if:

      1. its better to buy and additional open parking now itself?
      2. could it be possible that parking space is in shortage and hard to get upon completion?
      3. can the price of parking space also appreciate depending upon demand?
      4. could one possibly rent out/in a parking space from others in the same society depending upon demand? Rs 1000/mth for a Rs 1L open parking is not bad return afterall.
      5. could I park the 2nd car in space designated for visitors?
      6. what is stilt parking and how is it different from open parking?

      FYI Logix claims to be developing B-2 parking suficient for 3400 cars for 2400 flats under the central park. Open and stilt parking will be additional.

      Anyone with experience on these matters - pls advise/comment. Thanks in advance.
      I wasn't aware that the buildings were on stilts. Not a good thing.

      Comment

      • #4

        #4

        Re : How many parking spaces are ideal?

        Originally posted by madgeek View Post
        I wasn't aware that the buildings were on stilts. Not a good thing.
        For a start I need to understand what is a stilt parking and how different is it from an open parking.

        Comment

        • #5

          #5

          Re : How many parking spaces are ideal?

          Originally posted by onlyvicky View Post
          For a start I need to understand what is a stilt parking and how different is it from an open parking.

          Parking are of 3 types;

          Basement : Underground under the building. It is covered from all sides and below ground level.

          Stilt : Multi-storied building are constructed on huge columns and the ground floor is used as stilt parking. It has roof above, open from four sides and generally at ground level.

          Open: Open under the sun. Parking bays normally marked/ numbered.

          I hope it explains.........!

          Comment

          • #6

            #6

            Re : How many parking spaces are ideal?

            Originally posted by RoyalMax View Post
            Parking are of 3 types;

            Basement : Underground under the building. It is covered from all sides and below ground level.

            Stilt : Multi-storied building are constructed on huge columns and the ground floor is used as stilt parking. It has roof above, open from four sides and generally at ground level.

            Open: Open under the sun. Parking bays normally marked/ numbered.

            I hope it explains.........!
            Well explained. Full understood - thanks

            Comment

            Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X