would you consider standalone building for living against a proper society with facilities like swimpool gym etc?

In terms of appreciation does it make more sense to invest in standalone or society?
Read more
20 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by kazihamed
    would you consider standalone building for living against a proper society with facilities like swimpool gym etc?

In terms of appreciation does it make more sense to invest in standalone or society?

If you want to rent out standalone is good option as maintainace is low and also less restrictions by society. But to live I will prefer society with proper amenities & security.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mahesh pune
    If you want to rent out standalone is good option as maintainace is low and also less restrictions by society. But to live I will prefer society with proper amenities & security.

Security may not be the issue always in a standalone building. Building members can manage that with less cost.

Anyways I feel it is the cost will be a deciding factor in this case. Comparatively less initial and maintaining cost will be there in a standalone building.
    CommentQuote

depends how u want to read the situation!!

for the same reasons that other members have mentioned, i actually prefer societies than stand alone buildings...definitely not from swimming pool ans gym perspective, since those are just white elephants, who suck the money out..

but there are lot of benefits in terms of day to day requirements...in terms of maintenance (i had experience the maintenance is a bit better than stand alone buildings in terms of security/cleanliness etc!!)..and also better resale value/rent etc for numerous reasons....

the above is just my personal opinion and of course subjected to my own lifestyle/requirements etc!! but it is assuming a society of less than 100 units (example - Sai Vihar Residency in Sus-Pashan Road)....but definitely a complete no-no when it is something very huge like Kumar Shantiniketan..here maintenance stands for mess :)
    CommentQuote
  • I too prefer small to mid size society of 100-250 flats. 3-6 buildings.
    Other than the reasons explained above, like better maintenance, I prefer some open space / small garden. This is not possible in one building societies.

Originally Posted by kazihamed

CommentQuote

For investing and giving on rent, primarily to bachelors, single building works out best. One of my friend has bought flat in standalone building, furnished it and given on rent to working bachelors. You can enjoy higher rent and low maintainance. Many Societies do not allow bachelors in their societies.

For self use would prefer society with good security and other amenities including swimming pool.
    CommentQuote
  • My take would be proper complex but not exceeding 150-200 flats with max to max 4 buildings. Besides things mentioned by members above, the overall feel & the ambiance in such project with all modern amenities looks good & gives a soothing effect. Man, it's worth paying more for such pleasures.
    CommentQuote

A friend of mine lives in a micro-society 5 apts one on each floor. No Gym, No pool no genset. (all have their UPS)
    They have 2 security guys in 12 hrs shift and no problems there. Mirco maintenance as well. A more cohesive group too.
    CommentQuote
  • One more point:-

In standalone building, even if 5 out of 10 people are scorpio chaps, the no. is huge, 50%. In case of complex, you get variety of people & hence can have more options to create better community.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    One more point:-

In standalone building, even if 5 out of 10 people are scorpio chaps, the no. is huge, 50%. In case of complex, you get variety of people & hence can have more options to create better community.

The scorpio guys can be avoided only one way... make a group purchase of all flats in a small society.
    CommentQuote
  • When purchasing in old areas of city, most of times there is a huge price difference between single building and society.
    The difference is charged because a society has much better maintenance than a single building.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by helmak
    The scorpio guys can be avoided only one way... make a group purchase of all flats in a small society.

Even then you will find builder of standalone building is a scorpio chap. Normally these scorpio chap construct on their own land keeping big flat for their own use.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    I too prefer small to mid size society of 100-250 flats. 3-6 buildings.
    Other than the reasons explained above, like better maintenance, I prefer some open space / small garden. This is not possible in one building societies.

I too agree on this. In standalone building, maintenance and security is a problem. Peolpe don't want to be involved in common work. They don't want to pay common charges and many more issues....
    Very big society (like MP city) has it's different issue. Maintenance charges are high. Lot of resources are waste(like Swimming pool) but still u need to pay, Water issue(since large cluster of people live in same visinity) etc...
    So i personally prefer to stay in Medium societies where maintenance is managable and security is ensured.
    CommentQuote
  • Looks like society is the way to go then..thanks for all the responses
    CommentQuote
    Looks like society is the way to go then..thanks for all the responses

way to go!! like the structured manner in which the discussion was conducted in the thread, with varied inputs!! also more than that, the guy who started the thread also benefited and acknowledged the same!!
    CommentQuote
  • if a proper society rate in balewadi is 3200 with reputed builder..what shud be rate for standalone building to make it attractive to buy?
    CommentQuote