Folks,

What would be the charges of the Stamp Duty and Registration (SDRC) on resale flat. Ex. If I'm purchasing a flat for 56 Lks in Baner/Pashan, what would be SDRC I have to bear? In Mumbai it has some slabs ( till 10 lks 38000 Rs and above 10 lks 8% of remaining ). I'm not sure about Pune and i guess it depends on Ready Reconer rate as well.
Reg charges are around 1% on amount transacted.
Please suggest and correct me if I'm wrong....

Also can I make a room if hall is too big? Ex. in a 3 BHK Hall is quite big so that I can make a small room inside. I'm aware that it is not allowed in terrace area but can we make room inside? My neighbor asked me so I thought of asking you folks.
Read more
Reply
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by saggii
    Folks,

    What would be the charges of the Stamp Duty and Registration (SDRC) on resale flat. Ex. If I'm purchasing a flat for 56 Lks in Baner/Pashan, what would be SDRC I have to bear? In Mumbai it has some slabs ( till 10 lks 38000 Rs and above 10 lks 8% of remaining ). I'm not sure about Pune and i guess it depends on Ready Reconer rate as well.
    Reg charges are around 1% on amount transacted.
    Please suggest and correct me if I'm wrong....

    Also can I make a room if hall is too big? Ex. in a 3 BHK Hall is quite big so that I can make a small room inside. I'm aware that it is not allowed in terrace area but can we make room inside? My neighbor asked me so I thought of asking you folks.


    Stamp Duty : 5 % (on total agr value - 5,00,000 /-)+ Rs 7650 /-
    Registration : Rs 30,000 /- or 1 % whichever is lower.
    This also depends on the age of the bldg, whether Row house or flat etc.
    CommentQuote
  • To my knowledge if the building is old (some 15 yr+) then there is concession in SD. Need to reconfirm this though, if the laws have been changed.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sach_vastu
    Stamp Duty : 5 % (on total agr value - 5,00,000 /-)+ Rs 7650 /-
    Registration : Rs 30,000 /- or 1 % whichever is lower.
    This also depends on the age of the bldg, whether Row house or flat etc.


    k, thanks...
    CommentQuote
  • Hi ,
    I am also looking for resale flats now.
    What are the charges on a resale flat now a days, What I know is
    5% is stamp duty and 30000 is registration/
    CommentQuote
  • 6% stamp duty for PMC flats, not 5%. Govt agent has increased 1% of their brokerage.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TheTruth
    6% stamp duty for PMC flats, not 5%. Govt agent has increased 1% of their brokerage.

    Haha, and they call it as indirect LBT. :D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TheTruth
    6% stamp duty for PMC flats, not 5%. Govt agent has increased 1% of their brokerage.

    is that all? 6% stamp duty and 30000 regisration or there are some other charges as well.

    And how much a builder ask for a resalre property, In one case I have'en asked for 2 lacs rs for providing NOC to the seller.
    CommentQuote
  • For ready possession, 6% + 30k are the govt charges. For under construction projects, there is vat, st etc. Additionally, there is a NOC charge either to builder or society, which is variable. There is no control for this charge. Society will generally charge lesser for NOC than a builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by TheTruth
    For ready possession, 6% + 30k are the govt charges. For under construction projects, there is vat, st etc. Additionally, there is a NOC charge either to builder or society, which is variable. There is no control for this charge. Society will generally charge lesser for NOC than a builder.

    And now TDS of 1% also for flats costing 50L & above.

    ------------------
    CLOSED and COPIED to

    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/pune-real-estate/12324-pune--query-about-stamp-duty-and-registration-charges/page3?t=14628&page=3
    CommentQuote