Would it benefit forum members if we had a thread where people could post the water situation in their respective areas?
Yesterday a colleague was talking about water problems in his area (Bavdhan) and recently Jitu_Sir mentioned that Samrajya does not have bore well and relies on tankers as bore wells have negative impact on the surrounding environs. Have also heard of complaints that bore well water is not completly safe for even purposes such as bathing (ppl have reported increased hair loss).
I see lot of tall buildings coming up in Pune - and I wonder if PMC can supply water to them. Does it make sense to rely on bore wells? (because even that wont be a long term solution).
Do property buyers give serious thought to the water supply situation before buying? (or do they think that paying for water is an acceptable cost).
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Now since rains are good, 3 months are good to go.

Besides, among the fanciful amenities, basic necessities are 'taken for granted' which are not provided properly
    CommentQuote
  • And with above post I become "Veteran Member" :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • I feel PCMC is better municipal corporation when it comes to Road and Water infrastructure. I am living in Sangvi since last 6 months. I have never seen a single day when there was water shortage.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Coolhunk
    I feel PCMC is better municipal corporation when it comes to Road and Water infrastructure. I am living in Sangvi since last 6 months. I have never seen a single day when there was water shortage.

Apart from the reason of mismanagement of water by PMC, the reason for PCMC having better water supply is because the dam serving PCMC is different. Also the dams serving PMC area have to cater to the larger population than PCMC.
    Misuse of water by people in Pune along with delay in rain are the main reasons for water crisis.
    This situation will improve in a week if rainfall continues as it is currently.
    CommentQuote
  • Well Pune has grown very fast and the corporation has not taken adequate steps expected from them.
    CommentQuote