HI,

Can people let me know regarding Ganga Cypress being done by Goel Ganga Developments .The rate they are quoting is around Rs 2700 psft .

The site is Tathavade, Wakad 200 meters from highway . I am totally new to this area .How is this area .They told me on the that this scheme is beside a big township of Mumbai Builders - Akshara Elementa who is quoting Rs 3000 per square feet .

Please let me know your views of this builder & if any body has booked in this scheme . A 2 BHK will cost 31 lakhs .I find this location better then Hinjewadi because of the proximity to city . By giving 2/3 lakh extra should one opt for Wakad instead of Hinjewadi ( phase III )which is 7 kms from the highway .I am looking from investment perspective .

Friends please send your views & suggestions .
Read more
53 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Buy it if for investment, but if it is for self-use - don't go for it and better buy in a place where infra is set up :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJ646
    I am looking from investment perspective .

Also check what is going rent in this area. It should command 6-7% returns as rentals.
    CommentQuote
    HI,

Can people let me know regarding Ganga Cypress being done by Goel Ganga Developments .The rate they are quoting is around Rs 2700 psft .

The site is Tathavade, Wakad 200 meters from highway . I am totally new to this area .How is this area .They told me on the that this scheme is beside a big township of Mumbai Builders - Akshara Elementa who is quoting Rs 3000 per square feet .

Please let me know your views of this builder & if any body has booked in this scheme . A 2 BHK will cost 31 lakhs .I find this location better then Hinjewadi because of the proximity to city . By giving 2/3 lakh extra should one opt for Wakad instead of Hinjewadi ( phase III )which is 7 kms from the highway .I am looking from investment perspective .

Also check for Colapsable balcony is present or not in this project:D
    GG is famous for Colapsable balcony and inferior quality of construction.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pnb_2k
    Also check for Colapsable balcony is present or not in this project:D
    GG is famous for Colapsable balcony and inferior quality of construction.

Also be ready to pay more for all Goel Ganga Developments. You can multiply the area mentioned in the floor plan for all rooms. If you check the total it never matches the mentioned carpet area. I know that the difference is 10 to 20 sq ft in case of all builders. But in case of Goel Ganga it is 50 to 70 sq ft. So avoid Gangu --- Gangu Tai :-) :-).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Rohit Tadwalkar
    Also be ready to pay more for all Goel Ganga Developments. You can multiply the area mentioned in the floor plan for all rooms. If you check the total it never matches the mentioned carpet area. I know that the difference is 10 to 20 sq ft in case of all builders. But in case of Goel Ganga it is 50 to 70 sq ft. So avoid Gangu --- Gangu Tai :-) :-).

Oh i.c, GG also started this trick to loot public, previously somebody told that Swiss County (Rama Group) is doing this kind of nasty things. There is no way to trust builders whether it is reputed or non reputed.
    CommentQuote
  • Its best to file a case in consumer court and make this public, since the carpet area needs to be mentioned in the agreement, the builder will need to compensate.

Its time to really be agreesive.
    CommentQuote
  • Felicita,Baner too has less area in reality than what shown in floor plan. So, beware about that as well.
    CommentQuote
  • Wakad Elementa

Do any one knowns what is the current rate and is it worth investing in elementa. This builder is quoting 3200 to 3300. Is this what he offered or he just increased the rate due to the demand.

appreciate the feedback
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Rohit Tadwalkar

Goel Ganga construction quality is pretty inferior . About carpet area mismatch though , this is not an exclusive Goel trick , I see it for a lot of builders .
    I have tried to add the total area of all rooms to match the total carpet area , but it never matches . One builder told me you've also to consider wall thickness etc. which are not mentioned in room size , but r included in carpet area !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    Goel Ganga construction quality is pretty inferior . About carpet area mismatch though , this is not an exclusive Goel trick , I see it for a lot of builders .
    I have tried to add the total area of all rooms to match the total carpet area , but it never matches . One builder told me you've also to consider wall thickness etc. which are not mentioned in room size , but r included in carpet area !

Carpet area never contains wall area.

`Carpet Area’ refers to the total usable area within the four walls of an apartment or a commercial space, as the case may be. In other words, it refers to the area for which a carpet can be laid if required by the owners.

`Plinth Area’ refers to the entire carpet area along with the thickness of the external walls of the apartment. It obviously includes the thickness of the internal walls and the columns, if any, lying within the four walls of an apartment. The commercial space is not taken into account in calculating the plinth area.

`Super Built-up Area’ refers to the plinth area of an apartment or a commercial unit as added by the balconies and other common areas like corridors, staircase, lift room, motor room, security room, meeting hall, gymnasium and an area reserved for indoor games.
    CommentQuote
    Carpet area never contains wall area.

`Carpet Area’ refers to the total usable area within the four walls of an apartment or a commercial space, as the case may be. In other words, it refers to the area for which a carpet can be laid if required by the owners.

`Plinth Area’ refers to the entire carpet area along with the thickness of the external walls of the apartment. It obviously includes the thickness of the internal walls and the columns, if any, lying within the four walls of an apartment. The commercial space is not taken into account in calculating the plinth area.

`Super Built-up Area’ refers to the plinth area of an apartment or a commercial unit as added by the balconies and other common areas like corridors, staircase, lift room, motor room, security room, meeting hall, gymnasium and an area reserved for indoor games.

Dear pnb_2k,
    You had nicely and in a simple way explained the meaning of the 3 terms viz carpet area, builtup area & super builtup area. Good job.
    CommentQuote
    HI,

What are the current prices and the outlook.I have heard lot of activities happening near that area .Akshar is adjacent to ganga cypress .

Need some opinion on the appreciation of ths property.With recent communication with builder he is not ready to to go below 3033 for west facing flats .Est facing flats almost all sold for building D.

My personal opinion is that the property will give approx 400 rs/sqft return i next 1 year.need experts comment on it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by varun bhardwaj
    What are the current prices and the outlook.I have heard lot of activities happening near that area .Akshar is adjacent to ganga cypress .

Need some opinion on the appreciation of ths property.With recent communication with builder he is not ready to to go below 3033 for west facing flats .Est facing flats almost all sold for building D.

My personal opinion is that the property will give approx 400 rs/sqft return i next 1 year.need experts comment on it.

Just don't buy and walk out.
    CommentQuote
    Just don't buy and walk out.

I am expecting replies from a veteran member with full explanation.to advocate buy or not buy .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by varun bhardwaj
    I am expecting replies from a veteran member with full explanation.to advocate buy or not buy .

3033 is the base rate. Please add the other charges (stamp duty, registration, MSEB, society etc) and find out the exact amount per total salable area to arrive at the effective rate one will be paying. i am sure it will be around 3300 to 3400 or even more.

400 rupees appreciation over 3200 investment is simply 12% annual return and it is possible if and only if you are making 100% down payment. If you take any loan, you will be paying interest charges for the first year. These charges can easily be more than this 400 rs appreciation you are thinking of hence taking you in the loss.

Even if this is ready possession and you are taking loan, this property needs to appreciate more than the bank interest you will be charged to bring yourself in profit.

If you have money for 100% downpayment, talk to a 9th grader student with average grades in maths to understand how compound interest works :) and you can earn more than this even using FD or Postal MIS schemes. Veteren members already discuss other investment ideas on Stock Advice forum.
    CommentQuote