Home Renovations -civil contractors & interior designers working in & around Pune. We have a sound background working as contractor, We have work for various builders and some reputed construction houses of pune.
If u want to build a House or a bunglow? or need a free quotation.....Pls visit our website www.homerenovations.co.in
or email us at contacthomerenovations.co.in
Read more
54 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Before buying a plot, decide how much B-money is one able to shell out & then decide whether to opt for group housing or group bookings. This is the one case where the issue gets stuck:~ B-money for purchase of land :(.

Nopes Real, I or we as a group wouldnt really want to do anything in black. We would simply take a SBI or BoB loan for land+construction and even the land purchase is through the bank, leaving no scope for future problems with the land. We want to register a society account within the bank itself, and I had earlier talked to SBI and it is surely possible. Most housing colonies earlier were built on this model.

If the land seller agrees to this, its ok, otherwise tata-bye bye.

I dont know whether Veejay is really competant enough to take this up as if companies in Pune could offer this model, there would have been many such housing schemes already built, we have already seen them fail so I just want to check if Veejay is really serious to whats it committing.
    And, the group is of the army+defense - so no question of threat issues.
    CommentQuote
  • u r right sir, Its really hard to find good & clear plot. so it will take time..i wil ask my freinds to search a plot...if we finds..its gre8
    but again i tell u it is very hard to find clean & clear plot.
    CommentQuote
  • I would be interested in such initiative; as long as i have not already bought somewhere else
    CommentQuote
  • u r right sir, It is very hard to find CLEAN & CLEAR plot. i am not assuring u 100% but i wil speak to my fellow freinds who deals in real estate.Its really very difficult to finf CLEAN plot in Baner or next to it.
    I have seen many big builders been cheated by the land owners....
    so if i get anything i will surely...let u know.
    thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Veejay
    u r right sir, It is very hard to find CLEAN & CLEAR plot. i am not assuring u 100% but i wil speak to my fellow freinds who deals in real estate.Its really very difficult to finf CLEAN plot in Baner or next to it.
    I have seen many big builders been cheated by the land owners....
    so if i get anything i will surely...let u know.
    thanks

So, These Builder also find ppls, who can rob them...interesting to hear that:D:D

And Mr Vijay or Veejay ( I think you like your name to be pronounce this way)...why you have these Firang engineers picture on service page???
    DO they work for you or you just copy +paste these pictures from Internet..I think yes..then I think your construction work will also will like copy+paste:bab (3):
    CommentQuote
  • Just wanted to let everyone know that if we take a plot and then build10-50 bungalows, We have to have road as per norms hence space needs to be left, we will have to plan for common amenities and take care of cost associated with that.

Veejay, If you are looking at land, please look for NA land........buying an agricultural land and converting to NA is a very painful task.

Cheers,
    Birendra.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by birendra
    Just wanted to let everyone know that if we take a plot and then build10-50 bungalows, We have to have road as per norms hence space needs to be left, we will have to plan for common amenities and take care of cost associated with that.

Veejay, If you are looking at land, please look for NA land........buying an agricultural land and converting to NA is a very painful task.

Cheers,
    Birendra.

Why buying a agricultural land? and that too when Plot deals are already happening. Talking about bunglows need not be on on ground, may be row house sort of scheme (one flat per floor). I have seen this concept in some of the projects, looks extraordinary. And imagine when some one comes through the lift only to find 1 door in front of lift :-)
    By this the land required would be even less, but then you have to think about FSI and other regulatory stuff.
    CommentQuote
    Just wanted to let everyone know that if we take a plot and then build10-50 bungalows, We have to have road as per norms hence space needs to be left, we will have to plan for common amenities and take care of cost associated with that.

Cheers,
    Birendra.
    Thts the reason...its difficult to find clear plot..Just wanted to let everyone know that if we take a plot and then build10-50 bungalows, We have to have road as per norms hence space needs to be left, we will have to plan for common amenities and take care of cost associated with that.

Cheers,
    Birendra.
    Thts the reason...its difficult to find clear plot..
    CommentQuote
  • For bunglow with decent specifications, not luxury, please understand, construction cost is approx 1500 to 2000 rs per sq ft.

This is for a turnkey project, you just give the land and get keys of front door.

This is just construction cost.

For decent flat, construction cost will range from 1200 to 1400 per sq ft.

There is huuuuge difference in RCC costs for bunglow and flat, for simple reason that columns have to be spaced nearer to each other for bunglow, and RCC cost is over a small area.

In Flat, RCC cost is spread over large slab area.

800 sq ft construction cost is not possible at all.

Let us talk in details, in construction, devil is in details.
    CommentQuote
  • Abeer,

I still believe your calculations of 1200-1400 Rs per sq feet for flats is on the ultra- higher side. Have checked with few close associates who are builders themselves-- its in the range of 500-1000, and 1000-1100 for a builder like Marvel...

So..they indicate average to be 700-750, and I would assume the same average.

For Bunglow, it can be anything - from Rs 1000 to Infinity...depends if you are a Mango Man or Mr.Power.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pcpune
    Abeer,

I still believe your calculations of 1200-1400 Rs per sq feet for flats is on the ultra- higher side. Have checked with few close associates who are builders themselves-- its in the range of 500-1000, and 1000-1100 for a builder like Marvel...

So..they indicate average to be 700-750, and I would assume the same average.

For Bunglow, it can be anything - from Rs 1000 to Infinity...depends if you are a Mango Man or Mr.Power.

+1. I know a person constructing a bungalow in Nagpur & the cost of constro is INR 850/sq ft for him with good quality fittings.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    +1. I know a person constructing a bungalow in Nagpur & the cost of constro is INR 850/sq ft for him with good quality fittings.

I constructed my own house (G+1) last year. Construction cost was 800 psf with good quality material and fittings. I didn't spent on lavish things though. All electrical fittings were of anchor. Plumbing material by Metro and used Nitco vitrified 2 X 2 tiles. Used aluminium three slide windows of 18 guage material.
    CommentQuote
    Vijay, Somehow you are either too generous or not serious or simply your scope of work is different then what we think. Are you trying to tell me that only cost in a house construction is cost of land plus cost of basic construction.

1. Your website quotes that the RCC will be as per RCC design. So will your 800Rs cost cover RCC designer's cost
    2. Will your cost cover Architect's cost who will do Layouts and elevations.
    3. Your cost will cover the Electricity and water connection
    4. Your cost will cover plan passing process
    5. Your quote will cover legal cost
    6. Does it include covered parking

I have seen your scope of work and I am sure it needs a detailed work as it is extremely vague now........You have mentioned luxury and offering Ceramic tiles not even Vitrified? In addition other rooms do not have even 2'X2'. Details of electrical fittings and sanitaryware missing. I am sure these can be worke out as per your definition of Luxury without any increase in cost from 800-850. From my knowledge these details can change the price by 200-500 rs per sq feet depending on what you decide.

And yes we are not talking about any common amenity yet like road,club house, open space etc.

I am giving you an open offer to build a bungalow for me if you can build all inclusive with "LUXURY" amenity 800 rs per sq feet.I have the land.

Cheers,
    Birendra.

There is an old American saying.. If its too good to be true it probably is.
    Watch out with this costing. My numbers which I have for doing a 1600 sq feet plinth single level home in RCC for my farm house is 1200 construction cost. This area is in TP so it is cheaper than PMC on "permit costs".. you know what I mean...

On course 1200/- psft construction cost includes all modern specs of Paranjpe Forest Trail...

So please get a detailed quote to the finest details. Including brand of cement, steel, tiles, wires, types of bricks etc etc.
    This should do the job... Get a second opinion from any other major house builder and then you decide.
    CommentQuote
  • The construction costs of 1500 rs per sq ft which I am quoting are as follows:
    Plot area: 2000 sq ft.
    FSI: 1
    Built up area: 2000 sqft.
    Parking + 1 + 2

If FSI increases in future to 1.5, we can add one more floor above, so just now, foundation, plinth, columns and beams have to be extra strong and large.
    High quality RCC construction on par with best builders.

In this, you get two floors of 1000 sq ft built up each, 1000 sq ft terrace, 1000 sq ft parking.
    So considering 30% parking, 30% terrace, you get 2600 saleable + possibility of 1000 sq ft extra in future in the form of 3rd floor.

Admitted that fittings and amenities will be of little extra costing, but you build a bunglow once in a lifetime.

Also the builder had guaranteed time and cost, any extra cost he will bear, for any delay he will pay loan EMI. This is results in him charging a good profit margin (approx 30%), but I was not in a position to monitor the construction.

Anyways, am not justifying the cost, just saying that once we start building, we discover that a little more quality costs a little more extra, and the extra features do tempt us to spend a little bit more.
    CommentQuote
  • i am game for group booking etc for land around 2500 sq ft with minimum rate 1000 sq ft max..and construction cost of 1500 max per sq ft..

lets do it if possible..lets make west pune co-operative society happen..i thk we have enough interested parties..shud we meet physical this week end to explore it further..?
    CommentQuote