Home Renovations -civil contractors & interior designers working in & around Pune. We have a sound background working as contractor, We have work for various builders and some reputed construction houses of pune.
If u want to build a House or a bunglow? or need a free quotation.....Pls visit our website www.homerenovations.co.in
or email us at contacthomerenovations.co.in
Read more
54 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • am ok for a meet. Will try to get some friends along too, if a meet happens
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abeerbagul
    am ok for a meet. Will try to get some friends along too, if a meet happens

Hey Abeer you are looking for another Flat, while you are already having 3 flats in Pune:bab (34):

If ppls are having 3-4 flats in same city & still thinking to buy another, then how we can think of price correction:bab (45)::bab (45):
    CommentQuote
  • Well, prices are not going up because retail investors are hoarding flats. They are going up because bulk investors are hoarding 50 -75 flats at a time.

Also, none of my investments are short term. All are rental income investments done for retirement. So wont sell even if a 2 bhk flat goes to 1 crore, as long as rents go up too and rent:price ratio remains stable.

A rent income investor is the last one to overpay for a flat, even less than a a self use buyer.

And now am looking for self use, so am more focussed on a good deal in terms of quality, legal, etc rather than cheap.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abeerbagul
    Well, prices are not going up because retail investors are hoarding flats. They are going up because bulk investors are hoarding 50 -75 flats at a time.

Also, none of my investments are short term. All are rental income investments done for retirement. So wont sell even if a 2 bhk flat goes to 1 crore, as long as rents go up too and rent:price ratio remains stable.

A rent income investor is the last one to overpay for a flat, even less than a a self use buyer.

And now am looking for self use, so am more focussed on a good deal in terms of quality, legal, etc rather than cheap.

Oops!!!50-75 flats at a time :bab (35)::bab (35): can not believe this, I think others also cannot:bab (45)::bab (45):

When you are doing something wrong,you justify with that others are doing worst than you & preaching for price reduction & blah..blah....This is called Hypocrisy...and we Indians are perfect in that...and you always talk about price reduction..ha ha ha
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kazihamed
    i am game for group booking etc for land around 2500 sq ft with minimum rate 1000 sq ft max..and construction cost of 1500 max per sq ft..

lets do it if possible..lets make west pune co-operative society happen..i thk we have enough interested parties..shud we meet physical this week end to explore it further..?

i am interested in group booking for a land, but interest would depend on location of land

Week is over, weekend is booked already :-)
    CommentQuote
  • well if 20 interested parties cud meet..out of which even 5 have same objective..then we are in good shape..

say west pune in area of balewadi/wakad...with budget of 25 lacs for land and 25 lac for construction..i guess it wont be too much to ask to get 5 ppl with this objective..

it will not only give us benefit of economies of scale when it comes to hiring architect..gettting permission..getting collective wisdom and lastly giving us confidence that we have more ppl to live and fight with us..so co-operative society makes sense..

we cud meet say on 15th august..may be one of the senior members with similar objective can take leadership..each of us can speak about our objective, budget, ideas and experience in exploring and move on..we cud have lottery system when houses are in finishing stages so that all work for consistency in building

Originally Posted by puser
    i am interested in group booking for a land, but interest would depend on location of land

Week is over, weekend is booked already :-)
    CommentQuote
  • 1. yes but then objectives would be different for different ppl, like someone may be retired and don't have to worry abt kids room, someone may decide to have just 2 rooms instead of 4 rooms or vice-versa. So point is lottery system may not be very effective in this case. And again charm of "khud ka ghar bante dekhna" would be lost.

2.Also would be very difficult to keep an eye while construction is on, cause various time, they mix type of cement, then ratio of cement to sand should be also kept an eye on. I guess we all are working janta and won't be able to keep pace with construction pace.

3. The cost of extra land would be doubled in case of row bunglows due to say internal road.

4. We are not talking about play area or any external ameneties in here which will increase the cost of the project.

5. It would be difficult to get land of this dimensions say 200*80 or whatever.

Give us a thought in here before actually moving in for a meet.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saggii
    1. yes but then objectives would be different for different ppl, like someone may be retired and don't have to worry abt kids room, someone may decide to have just 2 rooms instead of 4 rooms or vice-versa. So point is lottery system may not be very effective in this case. And again charm of "khud ka ghar bante dekhna" would be lost.

we can allow for some customization...once the basic work is done..like rcc pillars etc..or else we can give up the idea of lottery as well..it is not hard and fast...

why i am suggesting lottery is if we outsource construction to someone..it becomes easy to bargain and monitor collectively..all for one and one for all..

2.Also would be very difficult to keep an eye while construction is on, cause various time, they mix type of cement, then ratio of cement to sand should be also kept an eye on. I guess we all are working janta and won't be able to keep pace with construction pace.

agree so above point of collective monitoring..so an individual doesnt restrict his monitoring to one house..but for all..and if multiple ppl do it..we get best monitoring..typically some might monitor more some might less..it is human nature..

3. The cost of extra land would be doubled in case of row bunglows due to say internal road.

if we buy 2500 sq ft 1000 rs/st..it thk we migth not require row house..also if we do go into row house..as we will be sharing walls the internal road can be affordable..plus i am thk not more than 5 ppl will come together..so it is not going to be big society the way builder do it..

4. We are not talking about play area or any external ameneties in here which will increase the cost of the project.

No we cant get everything..i dont think we shud think if amenities in case we go for bunglow..make ur terrace ur play ground and ur tub bath ur swimming pool..

5. It would be difficult to get land of this dimensions say 200*80 or whatever.

i think we shud aim for 10-15000 sq ft land..can be discussed further..

Give us a thought in here before actually moving in for a meet.

we can start the counting...i and one of my fren have this objective for 2500 st ft area at 1000 rate near balewadi/wakad..pls put ur hands up if you share the same objective..
    CommentQuote
    we can start the counting...i and one of my fren have this objective for 2500 st ft area at 1000 rate near balewadi/wakad..pls put ur hands up if you share the same objective..

Thought I'm not very sure about wakad or any further areas, balewadi also do look far where infra is concerned. And other part is rate of land I think we can acquire some land in Main baner road opp food bazaar at 1500 sort of rate not under 1200 by anymeans.

AFA monitoring is concerned I guess I won't be able to do it atleast on weekdays where majority of work is done in daylight. And this would be situation for others too. This was the prime reason why I dint go for this earlier too.

And if there won't be common ameneties jus a plain house would there be point of this group thingy? I mean if you are talking about group of 5, max you can save is 8 -10%. Why not then make individual house on own effort, atleast it will reduce the dependecy on others.:D

Again I'm not opposing/denying anything, jus wanna discuss on perspectives and related outcome.
    CommentQuote
  • my reply in red below

Originally Posted by saggii
    Thought I'm not very sure about wakad or any further areas, balewadi also do look far where infra is concerned. And other part is rate of land I think we can acquire some land in Main baner road opp food bazaar at 1500 sort of rate not under 1200 by anymeans.

1500 in baner is inexpensive..i doubt v can get that rate..i think it will be higher..i thk they r quoting wakad at that rate..

AFA monitoring is concerned I guess I won't be able to do it atleast on weekdays where majority of work is done in daylight. And this would be situation for others too. This was the prime reason why I dint go for this earlier too.

And if there won't be common ameneties jus a plain house would there be point of this group thingy? I mean if you are talking about group of 5, max you can save is 8 -10%. Why not then make individual house on own effort, atleast it will reduce the dependecy on others.:D

for amenities we have to become a builder..which we cant..abt saving ..it is not about saving as such but for comfort of buying together..i mean i will be nervous building house alone..with few others..i will gain some confidence and collective wisdom..

Again I'm not opposing/denying anything, jus wanna discuss on perspectives and related outcome.
    CommentQuote
  • I think that we will have to tie up with a builder for construction services. Chasing various different contractors for RCC will be hell. Without a good builder, ensuring quality will be impossible.
    CommentQuote
  • Some info

Those interested in this, I think it is better you buy big plot, do plotting & let the members build as per their wish, though you can hire single contractor for entire project to keep the cost down.

If you buy the land, then visit the following link. This is the one of best builder in India & remains one of my all time favorites. Hey, am I sounding like a marketing chap fo SP? (not Sharad Pawar though:D).

* PS:- I was going to do the same if I had been able to buy a plot.

http://shapoorji.in/DBProjects/default.asp
    CommentQuote
  • shapoorji..do they do single bunglow projects? what is their rate?

i doubt they will get into indivudual bunglows..they developed sp infocity..

did u enquire with them?

Originally Posted by realacres
    Those interested in this, I think it is better you buy big plot, do plotting & let the members build as per their wish, though you can hire single contractor for entire project to keep the cost down.

If you buy the land, then visit the following link. This is the one of best builder in India & remains one of my all time favorites. Hey, am I sounding like a marketing chap fo SP? (not Sharad Pawar though:D).

* PS:- I was going to do the same if I had been able to buy a plot.

http://shapoorji.in/DBProjects/default.asp
    CommentQuote
  • agree with the logic..i got call from broker..7500 sq ft land avl in wakad for 1700 per sq ft..3 bunglow or 4 row houses possible with this plot..

Originally Posted by abeerbagul
    I think that we will have to tie up with a builder for construction services. Chasing various different contractors for RCC will be hell. Without a good builder, ensuring quality will be impossible.
    CommentQuote
    agree with the logic..i got call from broker..7500 sq ft land avl in wakad for 1700 per sq ft..3 bunglow or 4 row houses possible with this plot..

How much cash? Btw, 1700 for Wakad, is the broker kiddin' man? Get a better deal near Career Forum,Baner road.
    CommentQuote