Home Renovations -civil contractors & interior designers working in & around Pune. We have a sound background working as contractor, We have work for various builders and some reputed construction houses of pune.
If u want to build a House or a bunglow? or need a free quotation.....Pls visit our website www.homerenovations.co.in
or email us at contacthomerenovations.co.in
Read more
54 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • My 2 cents from experience so far. Something like this for a smaller set of people 15-25 will work in case most of the people are like minded and there are not too many variations in what one is thinking.
    Before anything starts following needs to be frozen:

Rate per sq feet needs to be frozen as this will trigger the choice of location…….It is good to say I want in Baner or Aundh or Kalyani nagar but does my pocket allow it is something we need to think…………….if pocket allows good if not we might have to move away to locations where land rate is less…………….One more thing we also need to freeze on the part of Pune that interests for example you can not think about West and East Pune together
      Size (built up area and no. of rooms)Amenity and specs needs to be decided
      Once rate is finalized it should be broken into land price and construction…..it will be generally very difficult to get loan for land. So we have to think if we can pay from our pocket……….this might also trigger decision about location
      Overall concept needs to be decided and that is the reason I stressed on like minded people……..for example as a person I will never get into a place that does not have a good play area for kids,or atleat 1/2 play amenityto walk/jog/run just for an example. Hence if you have people thinking like what I think……budgeting needs to be done for 20000 sq feet of land that will have play area and may be a small club house…….that is the reason the number of units can not be too less else this will become un affordable
      Once point above points are dealt with, finding clear title land will be very important….for a 15 to 25 unit with a play area of 15-20K, we are talking bout 40 to 80000 sq feet land, this includes internal roads(we need to a better estimate on this but this is my quick calculation). This will be a very tough task and for getting this size of clear land we have to have 2-3 locations in mind and search………A quick calculation of 1500 rs per sq feet rate for land, for 80K sq feet if divided between 25 people will have 48 lac as every ones share just for land considering the built up area is about 2200-3000 taking 1300 as rate(this say includes everything like approvals as well…this is on higher side I think) it will come between 28 to 39 lac………………..So price will be anywhere between 75 lac to 85 lac…………….Is this something that majority of us wants to buy /afford………………if yes we should proceed……..may be if we try hard we might get partial/full loan on land
      Next important decision will be to decide how to get all this executed……builder/contractor…………..hiring Project Management consultant…..but all this will come later once we break through points above this
      Currently the discussion we are having goes all over the place, we need to channalised it better and we would need couple of volunteers to do it.These volunteers will bring these people together and then meetings/discussion can happen……………..and yes my personal opinion is we can not afford to have people in small initiative like this who can not afford any time for this and just send thank you mails for others effort.

Cheers,
      Birendra.
    CommentQuote
  • Those looking at West Pune can buy at Aarohi as well. Birendra can help you out. Birendra, are their vacant units available or everything sold out?
    CommentQuote
  • Real, We as a group had control till 7 floors and all of them were booked. There are some available from builder at much higher rates but we as a group have no control over it. This happened as we started with a number but then no. of units increased. We had almost spent all the fuel we had hence told builder that we will not work on getting new members, you sell directly.

But I can confrim that no Bungalow or row house is available.

Cheers,
    Birendra.
    CommentQuote
  • Excellent reply Birendra, I am getting more and more interested towards this concept of group housing. I saw some pics on blogs of Aarohi, and Hats off Birendra and your team !
    CommentQuote
  • Yes aarohi is impressive initiative..but think it will be prudent if we take up something which is not too big in scale..smaller could be faster..

Originally Posted by rendezvous
    Excellent reply Birendra, I am getting more and more interested towards this concept of group housing. I saw some pics on blogs of Aarohi, and Hats off Birendra and your team !
    CommentQuote
  • absolutely agreed Kaziahmed. But having someone of Birendra's level of experience in such a venture is a gr8 help !

Yes, a smaller group to start with, who can put up 20L cash upfront for plot purchase is needed.
    CommentQuote
  • cud someone give idea about what r they rates for na plots in balewadi/baner/wakad area? or in a good gated community
    CommentQuote
  • Give an add on Magicbricks or 99acres and see what reply you get
    CommentQuote
  • Hi, I am in, If any one come across a big plot / small group booking plots, let me know. Thanks
    CommentQuote