Last updated: August 5 2010
55 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Want to Build a House Or a Bungalow

my reply in red below

Originally posted by saggii View Post
    Thought I'm not very sure about wakad or any further areas, balewadi also do look far where infra is concerned. And other part is rate of land I think we can acquire some land in Main baner road opp food bazaar at 1500 sort of rate not under 1200 by anymeans.

1500 in baner is inexpensive..i doubt v can get that rate..i think it will be higher..i thk they r quoting wakad at that rate..

AFA monitoring is concerned I guess I won't be able to do it atleast on weekdays where majority of work is done in daylight. And this would be situation for others too. This was the prime reason why I dint go for this earlier too.

And if there won't be common ameneties jus a plain house would there be point of this group thingy? I mean if you are talking about group of 5, max you can save is 8 -10%. Why not then make individual house on own effort, atleast it will reduce the dependecy on others.

for amenities we have to become a builder..which we cant..abt saving ..it is not about saving as such but for comfort of buying together..i mean i will be nervous building house alone..with few others..i will gain some confidence and collective wisdom..

Again I'm not opposing/denying anything, jus wanna discuss on perspectives and related outcome.

Comment

I think that we will have to tie up with a builder for construction services. Chasing various different contractors for RCC will be hell. Without a good builder, ensuring quality will be impossible.

Comment

Some info

Those interested in this, I think it is better you buy big plot, do plotting & let the members build as per their wish, though you can hire single contractor for entire project to keep the cost down.

If you buy the land, then visit the following link. This is the one of best builder in India & remains one of my all time favorites. Hey, am I sounding like a marketing chap fo SP? (not Sharad Pawar though).

* PS:- I was going to do the same if I had been able to buy a plot.

http://shapoorji.in/DBProjects/default.asp
        If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

shapoorji..do they do single bunglow projects? what is their rate?

i doubt they will get into indivudual bunglows..they developed sp infocity..

did u enquire with them?

Originally posted by realacres View Post
          Those interested in this, I think it is better you buy big plot, do plotting & let the members build as per their wish, though you can hire single contractor for entire project to keep the cost down.

If you buy the land, then visit the following link. This is the one of best builder in India & remains one of my all time favorites. Hey, am I sounding like a marketing chap fo SP? (not Sharad Pawar though).

* PS:- I was going to do the same if I had been able to buy a plot.

http://shapoorji.in/DBProjects/default.asp

Comment

agree with the logic..i got call from broker..7500 sq ft land avl in wakad for 1700 per sq ft..3 bunglow or 4 row houses possible with this plot..

Originally posted by abeerbagul View Post
            I think that we will have to tie up with a builder for construction services. Chasing various different contractors for RCC will be hell. Without a good builder, ensuring quality will be impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by kazihamed View Post
              agree with the logic..i got call from broker..7500 sq ft land avl in wakad for 1700 per sq ft..3 bunglow or 4 row houses possible with this plot..
              How much cash? Btw, 1700 for Wakad, is the broker kiddin' man? Get a better deal near Career Forum,Baner road.

Comment

My 2 cents from experience so far. Something like this for a smaller set of people 15-25 will work in case most of the people are like minded and there are not too many variations in what one is thinking.
                Before anything starts following needs to be frozen:
                • Rate per sq feet needs to be frozen as this will trigger the choice of location…….It is good to say I want in Baner or Aundh or Kalyani nagar but does my pocket allow it is something we need to think…………….if pocket allows good if not we might have to move away to locations where land rate is less…………….One more thing we also need to freeze on the part of Pune that interests for example you can not think about West and East Pune together
                • Size (built up area and no. of rooms)Amenity and specs needs to be decided
                • Once rate is finalized it should be broken into land price and construction…..it will be generally very difficult to get loan for land. So we have to think if we can pay from our pocket……….this might also trigger decision about location
                • Overall concept needs to be decided and that is the reason I stressed on like minded people……..for example as a person I will never get into a place that does not have a good play area for kids,or atleat 1/2 play amenityto walk/jog/run just for an example. Hence if you have people thinking like what I think……budgeting needs to be done for 20000 sq feet of land that will have play area and may be a small club house…….that is the reason the number of units can not be too less else this will become un affordable
                • Once point above points are dealt with, finding clear title land will be very important….for a 15 to 25 unit with a play area of 15-20K, we are talking bout 40 to 80000 sq feet land, this includes internal roads(we need to a better estimate on this but this is my quick calculation). This will be a very tough task and for getting this size of clear land we have to have 2-3 locations in mind and search………A quick calculation of 1500 rs per sq feet rate for land, for 80K sq feet if divided between 25 people will have 48 lac as every ones share just for land considering the built up area is about 2200-3000 taking 1300 as rate(this say includes everything like approvals as well…this is on higher side I think) it will come between 28 to 39 lac………………..So price will be anywhere between 75 lac to 85 lac…………….Is this something that majority of us wants to buy /afford………………if yes we should proceed……..may be if we try hard we might get partial/full loan on land
                • Next important decision will be to decide how to get all this executed……builder/contractor…………..hiring Project Management consultant…..but all this will come later once we break through points above this
                Currently the discussion we are having goes all over the place, we need to channalised it better and we would need couple of volunteers to do it.These volunteers will bring these people together and then meetings/discussion can happen……………..and yes my personal opinion is we can not afford to have people in small initiative like this who can not afford any time for this and just send thank you mails for others effort.

Cheers,
                Birendra.
                Last edited by birendra; August 1 2010, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Those looking at West Pune can buy at Aarohi as well. Birendra can help you out. Birendra, are their vacant units available or everything sold out?

Comment

Real, We as a group had control till 7 floors and all of them were booked. There are some available from builder at much higher rates but we as a group have no control over it. This happened as we started with a number but then no. of units increased. We had almost spent all the fuel we had hence told builder that we will not work on getting new members, you sell directly.

But I can confrim that no Bungalow or row house is available.

Cheers,
                    Birendra.

Comment

Excellent reply Birendra, I am getting more and more interested towards this concept of group housing. I saw some pics on blogs of Aarohi, and Hats off Birendra and your team !

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X