All,

As discussed with Real, we wish to start Pune Project ratings, hence invitations are invited from all of you to populate the data. However, I would like the permissions to "edit" the data to be with Real and the senior members. I would think the ratings should work in the following way -

The ratings should be in the range of -5 to +5, and then we just add up all the parameter ratings to arrive at the final "overal rating", definately the ratings will change as we get more info about the projects and builder, but then, we dont want ALL the overall ratings to be -5, as this would defeat the whole purpose, so if "Goel Ganga" or " Vikram" is say the worst builder in Pune, the "Builder reputation" should should -5, and then we calculate for the other builders comparing them to the worst.

All suggestions are welcome, and I think we should target 25 projects to be populated per month, and by the end of say 3 months, we should have a really good list ready.

More columns/parameters can certainly be included or they maybe the sub-part of the main parameter.

New additions to be marked to this file by versions - V1,V2,etc...
Read more
40 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Excellent Idea pcpune !

Maybe we should have date field, and some more fields (like has the editor, person bought property there, what price etc).
    CommentQuote
  • umm.. also. .. maybe make it a google doc with edit access to the main excel to seniors, and edit access to everyone where they can enter their own details and views.
    CommentQuote
  • Believe putting up a google based document would require serious, a basic excel sheet is what we desire -but anyways - all suggestions are welcome.
    CommentQuote
  • Also, about the project to be included - let us only consider projects that have availibility and which are recently being threaded on IREF, we can included more as the day goes by ?

I request all of you to populate the name of the projects into the excel sheet, and then we could start providing the ratings ?

Real, your views ?
    CommentQuote
  • Google docs is easiest thing to do.
    Just upload the existing Excel file to create one new google spreadsheet, make it public so people can edit it and share its link with everyone.

Here is one such Google sheet, members on this forum had created.
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Anng_r2psk4YdDl2akt3UTNTYW5ySnNQTVhHNjBzVmc&hl=en

Originally Posted by pcpune
    Believe putting up a google based document would require serious, a basic excel sheet is what we desire -but anyways - all suggestions are welcome.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    Google docs is easiest thing to do.
    Just upload the existing Excel file to create one new google spreadsheet, make it public so people can edit it and share its link with everyone.

Here is one such Google sheet, members on this forum had created.
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Anng_r2psk4YdDl2akt3UTNTYW5ySnNQTVhHNjBzVmc&hl=en

Oh, I thought, he is asking google based locations, to be put on google maps, well, this looks definately useful !
    CommentQuote
  • gr8 excel aditi ! Was amusing to go thru, Tx for sharing !
    CommentQuote
  • Can I volunteer to create a website which becomes the defacto builder ratings website.

I will develop it and put it live.

Let me know.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by harshalx
    Can I volunteer to create a website which becomes the defacto builder ratings website.

Let me know.

Sounds like a wonderful idea to me.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by harshalx
    Can I volunteer to create a website which becomes the defacto builder ratings website.

Let me know.

Good idea. But dont limit it only to developers ratings. How about also allowing to give status updates of under construction projects. People can upload current pictures of project along with developer name and based on that one can rate the project as well as the developer.

this would make it be easier to track the progress of projects and we can get hold of these developers.

I am not sure if i am allowed to pose external site link here :bab (26): but http://www.skyscrapercity.com/ is great site to get project updates. (moderator please let me know if not allowed ill edit my post). However this site is more international and very less projects of pune followed here.

It would be great to have Pune project progress site.
    CommentQuote
  • Let us have a basic site first, and then we can put on all the add ons like availibility, progress, number of visits by forum members,etc...let us see a model coming through,

Aditi, will you and Real help in putting the spread sheet on google docs, and then we can probably modify and provide ratings to atleast 5-10 projects ?
    CommentQuote
  • Good idea pcpune. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Shared spreadsheet

Update: Removed the link. Pls use the link in below post of pcpune.

Done.
    I did upload the one you attached.

Anyone can Edit the document Anonymously. Read the below warning first.

You can also add /modify columns as needed. Once we have a basic format ready, we can freeze the columns.

Originally Posted by pcpune
    Let us have a basic site first, and then we can put on all the add ons like availibility, progress, number of visits by forum members,etc...let us see a model coming through,

Aditi, will you and Real help in putting the spread sheet on google docs, and then we can probably modify and provide ratings to atleast 5-10 projects ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aditi sharma
    Done.
    I did upload the one you attached.
    Link is: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Anng_r2psk4YdFZHNzJjQzhLQU9NdjZqRVliT0N2LVE&hl=en&authkey=COnSqq0D

Anyone can Edit the document Anonymously. Read the below warning first.

You can also add /modify columns as needed. Once we have a basic format ready, we can freeze the columns.

Thanks Aditi, infact I did the same and also did the sample rating, now what we want is to publish a list of projects to be included and provide access to all senior members to "edit" so that we have something ready.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AspA7GzqYz1cdFpBZXRqaWk3QjNpVTZmd0hBbkhCeHc&authkey=CJ_y5JkG&hl=en&output=html

You could please remove your link...

I have also created a google groups - "Pune_RE_Project_Ratings" which I request all senior members to join, the group members have the access to edit this spreadsheet." which I request all senior members to join, the group members have the access to edit this spreadsheet." which I request all senior members to join, the group members have the access to edit this spreadsheet." which I request all senior members to join, the group members have the access to edit this spreadsheet." which I request all senior members to join, the group members have the access to edit this spreadsheet." which I request all senior members to join, the group members have the access to edit this spreadsheet." which I request all senior members to join, the group members have the access to edit this spreadsheet." which I request all senior members to join, the group members have the access to edit this spreadsheet.
    CommentQuote
  • Good one

Good initiative pcp. Will pump in more info for ratings.
    Harshal, to start a website, make sure it is registered by someone based outside India. This will have 2 advantages:-

1. Your identity will be secret,
    2. If a builder tries to sue, it won't be easy as international laws come into pic.:bab (34):
    CommentQuote