I've seen a couple of projects in Baner and Aundh / Aundh Annexe and Nandad seems to be the one to fit my needs. Though it is much out of my budget, after seeing the project, i think i can stretch it....... but i'm still hesitant about the price.... and that's where i really need your help

1) im buying the place to live but do u think that buyin a property in this area at 5600 rs psf will appreciate any further in future?

2) is the location worth it?

i saw pride platinum and was impressed too but the diff between the two is just 9 lacs and the possession of pride is uncertain....as the new buildings havent started as yet...

also saw kolte patils 24k and loved the 4 bhk but its too expensive......1.3 cr.... no way ....

i need any feedback on Nandan Prospera... if anyone has booked the flat there already.....or 'any' comments whatsoever will be helpful .....

also if u know of any good 3 / 4 bhks in the range of upto 90 lacs to 1 cr.... in baner or aundh ... im basically lookin for privacy and good ventilation ...

thanks a ton..!!!!
Read more
164 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by atuljadhav
    2. I have bough the flat which NIA Garden Facing which gives me unlimited skyline view beyond Balewadi stadium guaranteed for lifetime. AFAIK, the only other project which guarantees such view is Modibag No 1. If you have been to this project you would know that it offers unlimited view of Agriculture Collage Land. and that is what exactly make both of these project into real premium category. This is the only thing tempting me to shift from Nagari to Prospera.

The view which you are talking about may not be permanent. Even defence land gets dereserved or in current case, almost 3 acres of land at NCL was dereserved for residential purpose. So, I won't bet on this. Btw, Modibaug's location & infra is very good. What is there at Nandan Prospera after you step out? DPs?

3. Elevation & Project Layout. I have not seen such beautiful elevation & layout in any project so far. Most of them are like Railway Dabbas one building after another in straight line.

Point taken.

Increasing "quality" population is surely going to keep demand high and high in long run. and thus appreciation of your RE investment is inevitable. If you are looking for some quick bucks then RE is not market for you unless you are filthy rich pig.

You are going to say same thing after 5-10 years for any RE property purchased today. Back in Year 2005, 1200 was too high with respect to RE market trend and my income ratio.

Don't make contradictory statements man. And we never said 2005 prices were high coz rent:EMIs ratio was good & home loan EMIs was not like 60-70% of take home income as in current scenario in most cases. As far as "Quality" population is concerned, do you mean today's people are hopeless??

Btw, if all works fine, RE will appreciate, no doubt, but before that it has to dip before it goes up. It can't continously go up for 10 yrs especially if the rates are that of 2015. Do you think Prospera will sell for 3 Cr after 3 yrs?

After Prospera Phase 2 land is reserved for commercial developments (ICC,Multiplex etc...)

To be honest I even didn't know about the HDH before reading this thread. After reading this, I went to PMC website, pulled out Balewadi development draft plan made in 2004-2005 and saw the provision of HDH. Once confirmed I called the builder and inquire about the same and confirmed that he has shifted the HDH and doing Prospera Phase -2. and after that I thought I will contribute to the thread.

Will wait for the inputs & yep, please don't say PROPOSED from builder.

I personally did not like the elevation & building layout of Vascon Willows

Fine, but it still remains VFM.

Well Builder has promised me for the same and I have no reason to doubt.

I don't believe in builders word. Did he keep the word about date of possession? Btw, is it true that earlier the project was of 12 floors & then made 16?

Sales Rep do not respond to threads 3.49 AM so No Comments.

Can't say that, some have become a bit smart after coming to this forum. Anyways, lets assume you are real end user & let us have feedback about the queries raised before.

* PS:- Is Nandan giving such offers like free borewell, 50% painting cost to all their projects?
    Can't say that, some have become a bit smart after coming to this forum. Anyways, lets assume you are real end user & let us have feedback about the queries raised before.

* PS:- Is Nandan giving such offers like free borewell, 50% painting cost to all their projects?

CommentQuote
    Hi Surya,

You concern is valid however about myself, I assure you that my area of expertise does not fit for being an agent or sales guy for builder. I work with British Telecom (BT: broadband, TV, , home & business) as Sr Manager you can check my linked-in profile.

Thanks Atul , for letting us know your impressive company name and designation . Lot of agents drop in here with new ids , make posts related to their projects and walk off when somebody asks more details . Hope u stay on this forum and also share views on projects other than Nandan Prospera now that we know you dont have stake with Nandan , right ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    The view which you are talking about may not be permanent. Even defence land gets dereserved or in current case, almost 3 acres of land at NCL was dereserved for residential purpose. So, I won't bet on this.

For that matter nothing is permanent. That does not mean one should stop counting on things.

Originally Posted by realacres

Btw, Modibaug's location & infra is very good. What is there at Nandan Prospera after you step out? DPs?

Wait & Watch...down the line 5 years.... Enjoy the show.

Don't make contradictory statements man.

I don't understand where is the contradiction ?

As far as "Quality" population is concerned, do you mean today's people are hopeless??

Well you know the answer. Today we (Educated & tax payers) do not choose our governments, instead people in slums do. (sale Vote for Rs 100 / 500 / silver rings etc...) & such population contributes to more than 50%.

Today importance of education is being understood by this class and over the period of time I am hopeful to see increase in "Quality" Population. which is educated, well earning tax payers. This is altogether different topic and I can go on hours & hours on this but not in this thread.
    Net net : new educated generations are coming out getting good jobs earning handsome salaries will invest in RE. Those who can not afford to buy will rent till they buy one. Demand is gonna go up & up, limited raw material (we already know the Sand issues currently faced by builders in last 3 months) land is limited (though its looking enough today it is never enough in future) scenarios looks healthy for long term RE investors. Few corrections are inevitable but long term investor like me are less worried about such corrections.

Btw, if all works fine, RE will appreciate, no doubt, but before that it hnas to dip before it goes up. It can't continously go up for 10 yrs especially if the rates are that of 2015. Do you think Prospera will sell for 3 Cr after 3 yrs?

If Year 2005 – my 20 Lacs rs of investment giving me 1 CR today definitely I am +ve down the line 5 years for such type of returns.

In year 2001, I purchased plot of 10000 sqft for 60Rs / sqft near Manas Sarovar (Pirangut). Today it’s not selling less that 400 Rs / sqft, I don't have any plans to sell it though, the point is - be visionary instead of cribbing about current scenarios better concentrate on long term returns instead short term gains.

Fine, but it still remains VFM.

Might be dumb question.... what is VFM ?

I don't believe in builders word. Did he keep the word about date of possession?

Possession Date : April 2011 (Originally it was Dec 2010) To be honest I don't care even if it is June 2011. Personally I am not in hurry. Well reason for delay given by builder is Sand not available in market for last 2-3 months. I checked with one of my best friend and co-owner of construction company Atul Enterprises about the scenario and he claims that it was real problem and even today he is buying sand in black for his projects in Paradiso (wakad) & Alcove(Pimple Sundagar)

Btw, is it true that earlier the project was of 12 floors & then made 16?

Yes it was originally 11 Floor building. I purchased on 11th Floor. Although they gave me clear idea about floor extension to 16th floor subject to TDR & PMC Permissions.

No comments...as i am first time contributor to any thread on any forum :-)

E]

I really do not have any idea about other projects. You may want to visit all other projects of Nandan and get the information and contribute it to the forum.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by suryawork
    Thanks Atul , for letting us know your impressive company name and designation . Lot of agents drop in here with new ids , make posts related to their projects and walk off when somebody asks more details . Hope u stay on this forum and also share views on projects other than Nandan Prospera now that we know you dont have stake with Nandan , right ?

Hi Surya, I will try to be interactive as possible. I got interested in this thread because of the HDH project mentioned (was real shock to me). The first word from my mouth was "oh shitt" and then i started digging more and thought information I got might be useful to people on forum.

I do not have any plans in near future to invest in residential property however I am desperately looking for commercial property around 300 to 400 sqft in Aundh (Nagras Road). I am doing my part of research about rate, locations etc... however any inputs from the forum is really a help. I am keen on the area as this would be for my wife who is doctor and running her dental clinic in Paranjpe's River view complex (Above Rahul Restarant, opp to Dominos Aundh) in rented place. Practice is running good so we have decided to move in owned place than rented one in same area.
    CommentQuote

If Year 2005 – my 20 Lacs rs of investment giving me 1 CR today definitely I am +ve down the line 5 years for such type of returns.

In year 2001, I purchased plot of 10000 sqft for 60Rs / sqft near Manas Sarovar (Pirangut). Today it’s not selling less that 400 Rs / sqft, I don't have any plans to sell it though, the point is - be visionary instead of cribbing about current scenarios better concentrate on long term returns instead short term gains.

Well I guess this is solution to poverty in India. Every one is crorepati.

Why don't you stop working? Do you get more salary than you can make in RE? Sit back and enjoy the ride. Take vacations buddy. why your wife needs to work like a dentist? Buy another plot in Pirangut and stay in Bahamas for 5 yrs and come back. then buy another plot and stay 5 yrs in New Zealand.

Tell this secret to RBI also, They can put all the money in Pune RE. RBI governor and our Finance min. can go on vacation to Switzerland.

Originally Posted by atuljadhav

Might be dumb question.... what is VFM ?

Absolutely not surprised that you do not know VFM
    CommentQuote
    I do not have any plans in near future to invest in residential property however I am desperately looking for commercial property around 300 to 400 sqft in Aundh (Nagras Road). I am doing my part of research about rate, locations etc... however any inputs from the forum is really a help. I am keen on the area as this would be for my wife who is doctor and running her dental clinic in Paranjpe's River view complex (Above Rahul Restarant, opp to Dominos Aundh) in rented place. Practice is running good so we have decided to move in owned place than rented one in same area.

God this font color reminds me of one smart investor on this forum called seabells.

Ask your wife to retire. No need to open the hospital. Just buy the commercial property and leave it vacant. Do buy a nice lock for it. Property will automatically fetch you money. 20L /yr.
    why need to work?
    CommentQuote
  • Atul,

Issue is if prices only go up, the builders would have been richer than Bill Gates!! Look at KP Singh of DLF. He was one of richest person & richest builder in the world. Then, stock prices crashed & he is several times behind the founder of FACEBOOK!!:D

Why don't you look at investors who invested in 2008?? Check where they stand now. In some cases, even if builders have increased the rates, these investors' flats are not selling.

You can see how big the dip is for registrations taking place across the country.

Man, be real, just because one stock rallied 300% in past 3 yrs doesn't mean that stock will continue to go up. Same is the case with RE.

Btw, why not start investment solutions company & earn crores than work?? You can buy out entire West End River view, let alone a shop!!

Btw, I don't know why you can't answer whether builder is doing something similar in terms of borewell or painting elsewhere in his own projects. You didn't ask the builder about this?? If not, please ask him & let us know.

Also, you still haven't confirmed whether the PMC has denotified the land for housing for dehoused i.e HDH near Prospera. To my info, no changes have been made till date, though I will now try to find out about the same.

Please visit this link:-

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/pune-real-estate/4369-builders-real-estate-bulls-theory-proved-wrong?t=5139
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RAJESHP
    Well I guess this is solution to poverty in India. Every one is crorepati.

If you think so.... good for you.

Originally Posted by RAJESHP

Why don't you stop working? Do you get more salary than you can make in RE? Sit back and enjoy the ride. Take vacations buddy. why your wife needs to work like a dentist? Buy another plot in Pirangut and stay in Bahamas for 5 yrs and come back. then buy another plot and stay 5 yrs in New Zealand.

Now this is getting bit personal. This is none of your concerns.

Originally Posted by RAJESHP

Absolutely not surprised that you do not know VFM

Care to tell ?

Care to tell ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realacres
    Atul,
    Issue is if prices only go up, the builders would have been richer than Bill Gates!! Look at KP Singh of DLF. He was one of richest person & richest builder in the world. Then, stock prices crashed & he is several times behind the founder of FACEBOOK!!:D

My investment concerned are limited to common man like me than the corporate dogs. Crashing of stock prices did not make these guys beggars. They still very well carries their lifestyle and their next 5-10 generations don't have to worry about for "money" factor.

Why don't you look at investors who invested in 2008?? Check where they stand now. In some cases, even if builders have increased the rates, these investors' flats are not selling.

its just 2 years, difference between your thought process and myne is, I am much long term and your are keen on short term. For short terms, stock market is best. RE is not for day trading.

You can see how big the dip is for registrations taking place across the country.

As I already said, some correction here and there are inevitable what is important is prices are making Higher Top - Higher Bottom pattern which is progressive pattern indeed. This is same with gold

Man, be real, just because one stock rallied 300% in past 3 yrs doesn't mean that stock will continue to go up. Same is the case with RE.

Btw, why not start investment solutions company & earn crores than work?? You can buy out entire West End River view, let alone a shop!!

Do not confuse between stock market & RE. I am into stock market for last 10 years. I have seen tops & bottoms both while I was inside the trade. I run my own advisory which provides stock recommendations based on technical analysis - formulas derived and refined for best picks ( stocksignl). stock market is 100% risk business if you are not booking your profits or losses on time.

Btw, I don't know why you can't answer whether builder is doing something similar in terms of borewell or painting elsewhere in his own projects. You didn't ask the builder about this?? If not, please ask him & let us know.

I really don't care until someone is asking to shell out the penny from my pocket.

Also, you still haven't confirmed whether the PMC has denotified the land for housing for dehoused i.e HDH near Prospera. To my info, no changes have been made till date, though I will now try to find out about the same.

As I said erlier, I have scheduled meeting with builder on Saturday and I will post as soon as I get something.

I have gone through the link however my dumb brain is not ready to absorb most of the thing there. well, all the best with your thread.
    CommentQuote
    I run my own advisory which provides stock recommendations based on technical analysis - formulas derived and refined for best picks (stocksignal.in).

Sorry to say, but I could not digest this website somehow.

It's like Dubai ka number, call from India. :bab (59):

I may be wrong.
    CommentQuote

Do not confuse between stock market & RE. I am into stock market for last 10 years. I have seen tops & bottoms both while I was inside the trade. I run my own advisory which provides stock recommendations based on technical analysis - formulas derived and refined for best picks ( stocksignl). stock market is 100% risk business if you are not booking your profits or losses on time.

Why you don't want to discuss Stocks & RE as Asset classes...I can prove you that Nothing...I said Nothing can beat Stocks return not Even RE in LT (5 years plus time)....

You have given an example that you brought land at 60/sq ft in 2001 & now its selling at 400/sq ft. So CAGR return of your investment is close to 23.5% (You can check the calculation at :Compound Annual Growth Rate calculator)....

Now Take a example of some MF...like HDFC Equity,HDFC top 200 or Reliance growth...Lets compare your RE return with HDFC Top 200..Its last 5 years CAGR return is close to 23%...Go for more LT..last 14 years return (Since inception from 1996) is even better 26% CAGR (Source: http://www.valueresearchonline.com/funds/newsnapshot.asp?schemecode=10 Not,Bad at all....And if I compare your RE return with Infosys, Wipro,HDFC Bank or HDFC then you will become speechless...As most ppls can not do research in Individual stocks, so I have compared RE returns with MF returns...

Now, comes real Catch..THE TAX...when you will sell your RE investment (Land or Flat) it will be charged at 20% tax on profit earned (You may save tax by converting your White money to Black money with do some transaction in cash:bab (45):)...

But in case on Stock or MF all profit is yours, you don't have to shell out a single penny to Govt as Tax:bab (59)::bab (59):
    So, Moral of the Story, Invest LT (really LT, as some ppls think LT means 6 months to 1 years at the max) in quality stocks or MF & these see the Power of Compounding:bab (34):

As in RE also nobody sell in 1-2 years (for good return) & when you buy RE then you spend at least 1-2 months while finalizing one , so why ppls buy stock on tips or in 1-2 hours research, if you spend time on stock analysis while buying & then look for at least Qtrly results, then you can make fortunes with stocks...

Prove me wrong in my above analysis:bab (6)::bab (6):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ash7979
    Why you don't want to discuss Stocks & RE as Asset classes...I can prove you that Nothing...I said Nothing can beat Stocks return not Even RE in LT (5 years plus time)....

You have given an example that you brought land at 60/sq ft in 2001 & now its selling at 400/sq ft. So CAGR return of your investment is close to 23.5% (You can check the calculation at :Compound Annual Growth Rate calculator)....

Now Take a example of some MF...like HDFC Equity,HDFC top 200 or Reliance growth...Lets compare your RE return with HDFC Top 200..Its last 5 years CAGR return is close to 23%...Go for more LT..last 14 years return (Since inception from 1996) is even better 26% CAGR (Source: - Fund Snapshot - Value Research Online Not,Bad at all....And if I compare your RE return with Infosys, Wipro,HDFC Bank or HDFC then you will become speechless...As most ppls can not do research in Individual stocks, so I have compared RE returns with MF returns...

Now, comes real Catch..THE TAX...when you will sell your RE investment (Land or Flat) it will be charged at 20% tax on profit earned (You may save tax by converting your White money to Black money with do some transaction in cash:bab (45):)...

But in case on Stock or MF all profit is yours, you don't have to shell out a single penny to Govt as Tax:bab (59)::bab (59):
    So, Moral of the Story, Invest LT (really LT, as some ppls think LT means 6 months to 1 years at the max) in quality stocks or MF & these see the Power of Compounding:bab (34):

As in RE also nobody sell in 1-2 years (for good return) & when you buy RE then you spend at least 1-2 months while finalizing one , so why ppls buy stock on tips or in 1-2 hours research, if you spend time on stock analysis while buying & then look for at least Qtrly results, then you can make fortunes with stocks...

Prove me wrong in my above analysis:bab (6)::bab (6):

I completely agree with and I have nothing against stock investment. Just that stock market is much more volatile than RE and one should book profit/losses in stocks time to time based on the analysis done.

About capital gain taxes...

Exemptions from Capital Gains
    In case of Individuals and HUF, long-term capital gains are exempt if the sale proceeds are reinvested in certain assets.
    Some examples:
    A) Profits on sale of residential house is reinvested in a new residential house.
    B) Long term capital gains are invested in notified bonds
    These exemptions are subject to certain conditions and the reinvestment has to be made within the prescribed time.

(source Income Tax | Income Tax India )

So I am less worried about income tax aspect of RE investment as I can reinvest my profits in RE and save taxes.

p.s. The link provided by you above is not working
    CommentQuote

Now this is getting bit personal. This is none of your concerns.

Dude you made your personal life public on this public forum, why blame me now..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RAJESHP
    Dude you made your personal life public on this public forum, why blame me now..

Dude I was specific because I thought the information will help to shortlist the place as per my requirement (what type of shop, for what purpose) that's all. nothing more.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
    I completely agree with and I have nothing against stock investment. Just that stock market is much more volatile than RE and one should book profit/losses in stocks time to time based on the analysis done.

About capital gain taxes...

Exemptions from Capital Gains
    In case of Individuals and HUF, long-term capital gains are exempt if the sale proceeds are reinvested in certain assets.
    Some examples:
    A) Profits on sale of residential house is reinvested in a new residential house.
    B) Long term capital gains are invested in notified bonds
    These exemptions are subject to certain conditions and the reinvestment has to be made within the prescribed time.

(source Income Tax | Income Tax India )

So I am less worried about income tax aspect of RE investment as I can reinvest my profits in RE and save taxes.

p.s. The link provided by you above is not working

Here you need to consider following aspects:-

>> The A & B points mentioned by you are correct but it is applicable only if the sale of property is less than INR 50L. So, if you sell Prospera for 5 Cr, you won't get any benefits from these.

>> This tax benefit is also applicable for ONE house. So, you you have multiple flats, you won't get any benefits, just like IT benefits.

Next, I never compared stocks with RE, I just said that earlier time was such that any tom, dick or harry who invested pre-2006 in RE has made huge profits.

Now, you say that there will be bottoms & rises in RE, then man, why not wait till RE cycle comes down & then pick it up from there? This is the point which we are trying to make here.

* PS:- You can have stop loss, average out factors in stocks, not RE. Also, you can diversify your scrips, not is the case with RE. What's more, stocks, MFs are READY POSSESSION & we need not depend on DPs:D.
    CommentQuote