X
Collapse

Nandan Prospera?? Should I go for it?

Last updated: August 25 2013
165 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Nandan Prospera?? Should I go for it?

Originally posted by atuljadhav View Post
    If Year 2005 – my 20 Lacs rs of investment giving me 1 CR today definitely I am +ve down the line 5 years for such type of returns.

In year 2001, I purchased plot of 10000 sqft for 60Rs / sqft near Manas Sarovar (Pirangut). Today it’s not selling less that 400 Rs / sqft, I don't have any plans to sell it though, the point is - be visionary instead of cribbing about current scenarios better concentrate on long term returns instead short term gains.
    Well I guess this is solution to poverty in India. Every one is crorepati.

Why don't you stop working? Do you get more salary than you can make in RE? Sit back and enjoy the ride. Take vacations buddy. why your wife needs to work like a dentist? Buy another plot in Pirangut and stay in Bahamas for 5 yrs and come back. then buy another plot and stay 5 yrs in New Zealand.

Tell this secret to RBI also, They can put all the money in Pune RE. RBI governor and our Finance min. can go on vacation to Switzerland.

Might be dumb question.... what is VFM ?
    Absolutely not surprised that you do not know VFM

Comment

I do not have any plans in near future to invest in residential property however I am desperately looking for commercial property around 300 to 400 sqft in Aundh (Nagras Road). I am doing my part of research about rate, locations etc... however any inputs from the forum is really a help. I am keen on the area as this would be for my wife who is doctor and running her dental clinic in Paranjpe's River view complex (Above Rahul Restarant, opp to Dominos Aundh) in rented place. Practice is running good so we have decided to move in owned place than rented one in same area.

God this font color reminds me of one smart investor on this forum called seabells.

Ask your wife to retire. No need to open the hospital. Just buy the commercial property and leave it vacant. Do buy a nice lock for it. Property will automatically fetch you money. 20L /yr.
      why need to work?

Comment

Atul,

Issue is if prices only go up, the builders would have been richer than Bill Gates!! Look at KP Singh of DLF. He was one of richest person & richest builder in the world. Then, stock prices crashed & he is several times behind the founder of FACEBOOK!!

Why don't you look at investors who invested in 2008?? Check where they stand now. In some cases, even if builders have increased the rates, these investors' flats are not selling.

You can see how big the dip is for registrations taking place across the country.

Man, be real, just because one stock rallied 300% in past 3 yrs doesn't mean that stock will continue to go up. Same is the case with RE.

Btw, why not start investment solutions company & earn crores than work?? You can buy out entire West End River view, let alone a shop!!

Btw, I don't know why you can't answer whether builder is doing something similar in terms of borewell or painting elsewhere in his own projects. You didn't ask the builder about this?? If not, please ask him & let us know.

Also, you still haven't confirmed whether the PMC has denotified the land for housing for dehoused i.e HDH near Prospera. To my info, no changes have been made till date, though I will now try to find out about the same.

Please visit this link:-

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com...rong-5139.html
        Last edited by realacres; December 15 2010, 10:02 AM.
        If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

Originally posted by RAJESHP View Post
          Well I guess this is solution to poverty in India. Every one is crorepati.
          If you think so.... good for you.

Why don't you stop working? Do you get more salary than you can make in RE? Sit back and enjoy the ride. Take vacations buddy. why your wife needs to work like a dentist? Buy another plot in Pirangut and stay in Bahamas for 5 yrs and come back. then buy another plot and stay 5 yrs in New Zealand.
          Now this is getting bit personal. This is none of your concerns.

Absolutely not surprised that you do not know VFM
          [/QUOTE]

Care to tell ?

Comment

Originally posted by realacres View Post
            Atul,
            Issue is if prices only go up, the builders would have been richer than Bill Gates!! Look at KP Singh of DLF. He was one of richest person & richest builder in the world. Then, stock prices crashed & he is several times behind the founder of FACEBOOK!!
            My investment concerned are limited to common man like me than the corporate dogs. Crashing of stock prices did not make these guys beggars. They still very well carries their lifestyle and their next 5-10 generations don't have to worry about for "money" factor.

Why don't you look at investors who invested in 2008?? Check where they stand now. In some cases, even if builders have increased the rates, these investors' flats are not selling.
            its just 2 years, difference between your thought process and myne is, I am much long term and your are keen on short term. For short terms, stock market is best. RE is not for day trading.

You can see how big the dip is for registrations taking place across the country.
            As I already said, some correction here and there are inevitable what is important is prices are making Higher Top - Higher Bottom pattern which is progressive pattern indeed. This is same with gold

Man, be real, just because one stock rallied 300% in past 3 yrs doesn't mean that stock will continue to go up. Same is the case with RE.

Btw, why not start investment solutions company & earn crores than work?? You can buy out entire West End River view, let alone a shop!!
            Do not confuse between stock market & RE. I am into stock market for last 10 years. I have seen tops & bottoms both while I was inside the trade. I run my own advisory which provides stock recommendations based on technical analysis - formulas derived and refined for best picks ( stocksignl). stock market is 100% risk business if you are not booking your profits or losses on time.

Btw, I don't know why you can't answer whether builder is doing something similar in terms of borewell or painting elsewhere in his own projects. You didn't ask the builder about this?? If not, please ask him & let us know.
            I really don't care until someone is asking to shell out the penny from my pocket.

Also, you still haven't confirmed whether the PMC has denotified the land for housing for dehoused i.e HDH near Prospera. To my info, no changes have been made till date, though I will now try to find out about the same.
            As I said erlier, I have scheduled meeting with builder on Saturday and I will post as soon as I get something.

I have gone through the link however my dumb brain is not ready to absorb most of the thing there. well, all the best with your thread.

Comment

I run my own advisory which provides stock recommendations based on technical analysis - formulas derived and refined for best picks (stocksignal.in).
              Sorry to say, but I could not digest this website somehow.

It's like Dubai ka number, call from India.

I may be wrong.

Comment

Do not confuse between stock market & RE. I am into stock market for last 10 years. I have seen tops & bottoms both while I was inside the trade. I run my own advisory which provides stock recommendations based on technical analysis - formulas derived and refined for best picks ( stocksignl). stock market is 100% risk business if you are not booking your profits or losses on time.
                Why you don't want to discuss Stocks & RE as Asset classes...I can prove you that Nothing...I said Nothing can beat Stocks return not Even RE in LT (5 years plus time)....

You have given an example that you brought land at 60/sq ft in 2001 & now its selling at 400/sq ft. So CAGR return of your investment is close to 23.5% (You can check the calculation at :Compound Annual Growth Rate calculator)....

Now Take a example of some MF...like HDFC Equity,HDFC top 200 or Reliance growth...Lets compare your RE return with HDFC Top 200..Its last 5 years CAGR return is close to 23%...Go for more LT..last 14 years return (Since inception from 1996) is even better 26% CAGR (Source: http://www.valueresearchonline.com/f...?schemecode=10 Not,Bad at all....And if I compare your RE return with Infosys, Wipro,HDFC Bank or HDFC then you will become speechless...As most ppls can not do research in Individual stocks, so I have compared RE returns with MF returns...

Now, comes real Catch..THE TAX...when you will sell your RE investment (Land or Flat) it will be charged at 20% tax on profit earned (You may save tax by converting your White money to Black money with do some transaction in cash)...

But in case on Stock or MF all profit is yours, you don't have to shell out a single penny to Govt as Tax
                So, Moral of the Story, Invest LT (really LT, as some ppls think LT means 6 months to 1 years at the max) in quality stocks or MF & these see the Power of Compounding

As in RE also nobody sell in 1-2 years (for good return) & when you buy RE then you spend at least 1-2 months while finalizing one , so why ppls buy stock on tips or in 1-2 hours research, if you spend time on stock analysis while buying & then look for at least Qtrly results, then you can make fortunes with stocks...

Prove me wrong in my above analysis
                Last edited by ash7979; December 15 2010, 10:06 PM.
                Cheers,
                -Ashish

Comment

Originally posted by ash7979 View Post
                  Why you don't want to discuss Stocks & RE as Asset classes...I can prove you that Nothing...I said Nothing can beat Stocks return not Even RE in LT (5 years plus time)....

You have given an example that you brought land at 60/sq ft in 2001 & now its selling at 400/sq ft. So CAGR return of your investment is close to 23.5% (You can check the calculation at :Compound Annual Growth Rate calculator)....

Now Take a example of some MF...like HDFC Equity,HDFC top 200 or Reliance growth...Lets compare your RE return with HDFC Top 200..Its last 5 years CAGR return is close to 23%...Go for more LT..last 14 years return (Since inception from 1996) is even better 26% CAGR (Source: - Fund Snapshot - Value Research Online Not,Bad at all....And if I compare your RE return with Infosys, Wipro,HDFC Bank or HDFC then you will become speechless...As most ppls can not do research in Individual stocks, so I have compared RE returns with MF returns...

Now, comes real Catch..THE TAX...when you will sell your RE investment (Land or Flat) it will be charged at 20% tax on profit earned (You may save tax by converting your White money to Black money with do some transaction in cash)...

But in case on Stock or MF all profit is yours, you don't have to shell out a single penny to Govt as Tax
                  So, Moral of the Story, Invest LT (really LT, as some ppls think LT means 6 months to 1 years at the max) in quality stocks or MF & these see the Power of Compounding

As in RE also nobody sell in 1-2 years (for good return) & when you buy RE then you spend at least 1-2 months while finalizing one , so why ppls buy stock on tips or in 1-2 hours research, if you spend time on stock analysis while buying & then look for at least Qtrly results, then you can make fortunes with stocks...

Prove me wrong in my above analysis
                  I completely agree with and I have nothing against stock investment. Just that stock market is much more volatile than RE and one should book profit/losses in stocks time to time based on the analysis done.

About capital gain taxes...

Exemptions from Capital Gains
                  In case of Individuals and HUF, long-term capital gains are exempt if the sale proceeds are reinvested in certain assets.
                  Some examples:
                  A) Profits on sale of residential house is reinvested in a new residential house.
                  B) Long term capital gains are invested in notified bonds
                  These exemptions are subject to certain conditions and the reinvestment has to be made within the prescribed time.

(source Income Tax | Income Tax India )

So I am less worried about income tax aspect of RE investment as I can reinvest my profits in RE and save taxes.

p.s. The link provided by you above is not working

Comment

Now this is getting bit personal. This is none of your concerns.
                    Dude you made your personal life public on this public forum, why blame me now..

Comment

Dude you made your personal life public on this public forum, why blame me now..
                      Dude I was specific because I thought the information will help to shortlist the place as per my requirement (what type of shop, for what purpose) that's all. nothing more.

Cheers

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X