X
Collapse

Nandan Prospera?? Should I go for it?

Last updated: August 25 2013
165 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Nandan Prospera?? Should I go for it?

Appreciation of living home

Originally posted by monds View Post
    if you are buying for living, why do you care about future appreciation?
    Well, this world is full of different views...

Some people would not like to value their living home, or at least not tell it to the world, as they would have not planned to sell it and move elsewhere in future. Though I can not really believe that they are not aware of its market value. Even if they are not pro-actively pursuing its value, in most likelihood they would be passively keeping track of it...

In the world of hitech industry, of which IT is the part, jobs are rarely located at one place for a long period. Adding to this, many young or mid-aged professional are not sure of the place in India where they would like to settle. However they take a chance of buying home because there is a general feeling that in the country like India where population is growing at the fast rate, there will always be a good demand for homes and it will generally give a good appreciation, although I agree that this depends on lot many factors. In such cases, people buy house and make it their home for some period, if not very long. But when their personal, professional, social or the market situation changes to their favours or otherwise, they would not hesitate to sell it and move on to other place/location. In such cases, it is widely seen that people keep track of their living home market value.

So in my view it would not be a prudent to say that 'if you are buying for living, why do you care about future appreciation'.

Newone - About Nandan Prospera, although the project is good and builder reliable, the approach road seems to be very narrow.

Comment

Originally posted by monds View Post
      if you are buying for living, why do you care about future appreciation?
      Hey guys.. cool off man.. u getting this quote in the wrong sense...

we should concentrate on Nandan Prospera

Peace
      Eat, Pray and Love

Comment

It is a really good project, was extremely impressed by the fit and finish. But 5600 is a totally 100% absurd rate.

Even Samrajya in Kothrud has less rate, and Jitu might even offer discount for IREF buyers

On a more serious note, after paying so much, infra is still non existent. Did you ask about PMC water connection? Get it in writing from builder as follows: "I, the builder, hereby declare that I have NOT submitted water affidavit to PMC for Nandan Prospera".

Approach road is a joke, public transport is a joke, and price is a joke.

I guess this market is all about irrational exuberance.

Comment

very mature post..agree completely

Originally posted by SunAndSand View Post
          Well, this world is full of different views...

Some people would not like to value their living home, or at least not tell it to the world, as they would have not planned to sell it and move elsewhere in future. Though I can not really believe that they are not aware of its market value. Even if they are not pro-actively pursuing its value, in most likelihood they would be passively keeping track of it...

In the world of hitech industry, of which IT is the part, jobs are rarely located at one place for a long period. Adding to this, many young or mid-aged professional are not sure of the place in India where they would like to settle. However they take a chance of buying home because there is a general feeling that in the country like India where population is growing at the fast rate, there will always be a good demand for homes and it will generally give a good appreciation, although I agree that this depends on lot many factors. In such cases, people buy house and make it their home for some period, if not very long. But when their personal, professional, social or the market situation changes to their favours or otherwise, they would not hesitate to sell it and move on to other place/location. In such cases, it is widely seen that people keep track of their living home market value.

So in my view it would not be a prudent to say that 'if you are buying for living, why do you care about future appreciation'.

Newone - About Nandan Prospera, although the project is good and builder reliable, the approach road seems to be very narrow.

Comment

chinmay686 : chinmay ive seen Vascon willows and even though the construction inside is good and the builder reputation is no doubt the best, i didnt really like the elevation of the project. but i love the 4 BHK there but its 1.5 cr and really outta budget....
            will check manhattan though...thanks !!

m_square: my budget is just abt 1 cr....do u have any other project in mind that could help?? thanks anyways ....

SunAndSand: ya i do agree, the approach road is too narrow....they say that there's donna be another road on the other side which will be the main entrance. il talk to those guys again about it... thanks for reminding

abeerbagul: didnt speak abt the water as yet....will surely do now ... thanks for the tip ... would appreciate more such ones

Comment

Guys, thanks for ur comments....Id really appreciate even more tips and suggestions abt other projects worth considering.
              I'd like to say that the reason i'm thinkin abt Nandan Prospera is coz it gives me a lot of ventilation on the top floors plus adequate privacy with 3 side open flat and ofcourse no buildings that high in the near vicinity.
              about the rate....i think its absurd... but the construction is 'really' good compared to other projects. the amenities too are better comparatively.
              regarding public transport.....i dont remember the last time i used public transport so its not of much concern to me though.

another impressive thing is the layout of the house. it uses the area well. very few architects have done away with the passages in the house. and this is one of them. i really dont understand the need of a passage inside the house connecting the bedrooms. its a turnoff for me. and nandan prospera and pride platinum and kolte patil 24K were the only ones without a passage.....

pls keep posting more criticism and tips abt nandan.... it will really help me make my final decision ..... im still only 'considering' nandan

Comment

If i were you, I would go in a developed area like kothrud and go with Samrajya project, given that the pricing is the same. location matters more then any amenity in the long term. if pricing was 4500 then maybe it would make sense, however 5600 is way too high for that location, even if it has diamond studded door knobs

Comment

Originally posted by newone View Post
                  I've seen a couple of projects in Baner and Aundh / Aundh Annexe and Nandad seems to be the one to fit my needs. Though it is much out of my budget, after seeing the project, i think i can stretch it....... but i'm still hesitant about the price.... and that's where i really need your help

1) im buying the place to live but do u think that buyin a property in this area at 5600 rs psf will appreciate any further in future?

2) is the location worth it?

i saw pride platinum and was impressed too but the diff between the two is just 9 lacs and the possession of pride is uncertain....as the new buildings havent started as yet...

also saw kolte patils 24k and loved the 4 bhk but its too expensive......1.3 cr.... no way ....

i need any feedback on Nandan Prospera... if anyone has booked the flat there already.....or 'any' comments whatsoever will be helpful .....

also if u know of any good 3 / 4 bhks in the range of upto 90 lacs to 1 cr.... in baner or aundh ... im basically lookin for privacy and good ventilation ...

thanks a ton..!!!!
                  newone,
                  Check out resale Duplexes Mahindra Woods Wakad. Great society, spacious, well ventilated. I could not buy one cause of limited budget. It was in the range of 90 lacs - 1 Cr, though check latest prices.

Amol

Comment

I would lay more emphasis on infra rather than only the project. NP as a project is good but infra is junk.
                    So, I would not buy here, be it 5.6k or 3.6k. If one is putting anything in excess of 35-40L, then infra is must & while buying flat I may give up one bedroom but buy in an area where even small kid can move around & buy a bread without the need of an adult & elders don't feel that they are somewhere in the jungle/desert.

Man, there is no good auditorium, multiplex, transport, road, street lights, water.......here & you pay INR 1Cr? I would rather buy one at Bandra, put that on rent & stay on rent in Pune. Not only I will have more VFM house, but rent in Pune too will be free!!
                    If you are happy, you are successful.

Comment

My take on Nandan Prospera is that it is priced too high..............It is a great buy between 3200 to 3700.

The reason
                      1. Very reasonable infrastucrure around it.....It is within 50 meters from main Baner road. I have seen comments like see after 8 PM and all that. Well I pass through that area around 8-9 PM probably every day and there is never a problem.It is a very safe place
                      2. DMart has opened up which would be within 60-70 meters distance from Nandan prospera. You will get everything of usage in DMart. Sadanad resort is just to the next side of road so you have good place to eat as well.
                      3. Ver Easy access to places that can be covered using Bangalore-Pune Highway and for people working in Hinjewadi it is great too
                      4. One side it has NIA which will ensure that the area will not be overcrowded
                      5. Very close to Balewadi stadium...............people can use the infrastructure of Balewadi. For kids all kind of sports fascility can be used
                      6. Rikshaw stand including 6 seaters within 50 meters(I do not think this is criteria any way......for people buying at this kind of price will probably never use them still just mentioned it
                      7. I am staying in Baner for 10 years and according to my research the best nurssary school is sapling which would be around 1-1.5 KM from NP. Even Indira kids and Orchid will be at the same distace as NP
                      8. For class 1 onwards 2 best option for people staying in this area is Vidya Valley and Indira National school. Both these schools are at least distance from this area...then from even heart of Baner and Pashan
                      7. 12-13 KM from Pune Station and 8-9 KM from Shivajinagar Bus stand

Based on what I have seen as amenity and Tech specks, layout and open space......I think NP is the best project currently in that area, hence at today's price even at 3500-3600 it is a great buy(I repeat it is based on today's pricing and it is a separate discussion if today's price is very high or not).......anything above that and you have to think about value for money.

One thing that worries me about that place is......I have heard from a very reliable source that the area ahead of Sadanad resort will become a big ST/city bus stand. If that happens the area will become very crowded. But it is like DP plan....you never know it will happen or not. Just wanted to mention as I have heard it from a very reliable source. With this ST busses will not require to enter the city.
                      Good Luck,
                      Birendra.
                      Last edited by birendra; August 8 2010, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X