I've seen a couple of projects in Baner and Aundh / Aundh Annexe and Nandad seems to be the one to fit my needs. Though it is much out of my budget, after seeing the project, i think i can stretch it....... but i'm still hesitant about the price.... and that's where i really need your help

1) im buying the place to live but do u think that buyin a property in this area at 5600 rs psf will appreciate any further in future?

2) is the location worth it?

i saw pride platinum and was impressed too but the diff between the two is just 9 lacs and the possession of pride is uncertain....as the new buildings havent started as yet...

also saw kolte patils 24k and loved the 4 bhk but its too expensive......1.3 cr.... no way ....

i need any feedback on Nandan Prospera... if anyone has booked the flat there already.....or 'any' comments whatsoever will be helpful .....

also if u know of any good 3 / 4 bhks in the range of upto 90 lacs to 1 cr.... in baner or aundh ... im basically lookin for privacy and good ventilation ...

thanks a ton..!!!!
Read more
165 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • In fact you are spending on excesses on a livestyle where the value of everything tends to zero in time. I'm not saying buy property but justifying the savings of EMI by spending on a lifestyle is also wrong
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rameshyahoo
    In fact you are spending on excesses on a livestyle where the value of everything tends to zero in time. I'm not saying buy property but justifying the savings of EMI by spending on a lifestyle is also wrong

Infact, if I dont spend on EMI, in my case it will be about 70,000 per month, I am spending 15K on rent, another 20K on MFs & other invest, 15K on households, and still left with 20-30K to ENJOY my lifestyle (and buy some stocks as well) --- I know many people dont believe in these extra kharchas - but for me - living a good life-eating good food,socializing--- IS the MOST important thing !!!!!!

From my elders advices, large network among good & powerful people ALWAYS helps you out in some way or the other - NOT a matti patthar house !

To build that good network, you need to SOCIALIZE and MAINTAIN that standard of living & lifestyle!

But, I have seen, in cities, specially in Pune - people like to live secluded life - not even the neigbors care whether you are living or dead ! --- Really life 30 years back was much better in this regard !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pcpune
    Infact, if I dont spend on EMI, in my case it will be about 70,000 per month, I am spending 15K on rent, another 20K on MFs & other invest, 15K on households, and still left with 20-30K to ENJOY my lifestyle (and buy some stocks as well) --- I know many people dont believe in these extra kharchas - but for me - living a good life-eating good food,socializing--- IS the MOST important thing !!!!!!

From my elders advices, large network among good & powerful people ALWAYS helps you out in some way or the other - NOT a matti patthar house !
    Originally Posted by pcpune

To build that good network, you need to SOCIALIZE and MAINTAIN that standard of living & lifestyle!

But, I have seen, in cities, specially in Pune - people like to live secluded life - not even the neigbors care whether you are living or dead ! --- Really life 30 years back was much better in this regard !
    The issue is that 90% people (Pcpune - you are an exception!) will not invest in mutual funds/ stocks (in a big way) before "investing" in a house to stay.

Buying a house "today" becomes priority since the perception is - "if you don't buy today buying in future becomes very difficult since salaries seldom increase at the same rate as RE prices". (Which is true I guess).

This "buy today" feeling drives people to take huge loans & get stuck with large EMIs for 20+ years! I did the exact same thing in 2004 - Only was fortunate that when I bought a house - I unwittingly timed the RE market correctly! (since it zoomed up after 2005)

Thanks,
    Ajoshi
    CommentQuote
  • Not possible if more investors are there in market already

Every country thinks they are different, and we could have other issues - like builders promises falling flat, wrong permissions provided by municipalities, bad elections, fall in GDP etc but I truely believe in one thing - Real Estate - IN ANY MARKET cannot rise 2-3 times and again rise another 2-3 times in a span of 3 years...

All I am saying is, once it has risen for 2-3 times, say average rate is 3000 per sq feet, it will stay around that for years to come,maybe 3 or 5 or even 10, but 3000 CANNOT become 10000.

I agree that India is no different. People across the world have same sentiments for buying home, rather I would say that even in India, any buyer buying today is buying because he feels prices are going to increase tomorrow or even if they decrease they recover in 6-10 months. Emotions have no role when investment is mutiple lakhs.

I slightly disagree on price stagnation after sudden rise in prices. If there are many investors in Pune, prices are bound to fall tomorrow after long stagnation in prices.

Poor rental yield and no capital gain, Investor will put the property on sale, increasing supply. When buyers see prices falling, more buyers will stay out, putting further pressure on demand. There will be buyers at all levels
    since no one will know the actual bottom.

High number of resales in Pune and rent stagnation is evidence of high number of investors in Pune.

There are ~4600 properties on sale in Kharadi itself for budget <50L :D:D
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ajoshi565
    The issue is that 90% people (Pcpune - you are an exception!) will not invest in mutual funds/ stocks (in a big way) before "investing" in a house to stay.

Buying a house "today" becomes priority since the perception is - "if you don't buy today buying in future becomes very difficult since salaries seldom increase at the same rate as RE prices". (Which is true I guess).

Yes 90% people prefer buying house than other investment avenue, ONLY because they feel prices are going to rise tomorrow. Once this perception is gone, things will change.
    CommentQuote

Pls don't forget...they will be with u till u maintain yr lifestyle and u have money....But yr house will be with u.
    This is a typical Indian mentality.
    So what is more appropriate is topic for debate
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RAJESHP
    Yes 90% people prefer buying house than other investment avenue, ONLY because they feel prices are going to rise tomorrow. Once this perception is gone, things will change.

Do u think it is easy to change this perception of 90% people?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kothrud_pune
    Pls don't forget...they will be with u till u maintain yr lifestyle and u have money....But yr house will be with u.
    This is a typical Indian mentality.
    So what is more appropriate is topic for debate

I dont think its true, my friends and associates have helped me in times of good bad, I have helped some of them in times of good & bad. It depends totally on the group and people you are talking about, in OUR family & circles, its a good decent bonding lasting generations, so my kids will surely not ask me "you have no relatives/friends" or "athithi kab aayoge".To become rich, I firmly believe - more than the "makaan", its the "network".
    CommentQuote

I was looking another flat for investing in cities like Ahmedabad & Nagpur - where decent 2 BHKs are still avaialble for 10-15 lacs, VERY MUCH WITHIN CITY LIMITS....

Yesterday u said don't spend on EMI and today u r saying u r a investor who will invest in Ahmadabad,Nagpur.

But it seems u belive in Indian mentality that u should have atleast one house.
    CommentQuote
    Yesterday u said don't spend on EMI and today u r saying u r a investor who will invest in Ahmadabad,Nagpur.

But it seems u belive in Indian mentality that u should have atleast one house.

:) , Well, I can afford 10-15 lacs by way of cash, ALL CASH DEAL !. I already have a home, not in Pune, but dont think one needs a "home" for living. In these cities a decent 2 BHK is still available for 10-15 lacs, which is surely what I know I can afford to invest -- to let it appreciate !

In Pune, 90% of the people take a loan bcos they cannot afford to pay cash, for properties which are way over the "actual value". To understand what I am saying, try to find out the number of loans sanctioned in Ahmedabad & Nagpur, and compare that to Pune....

Even though the prices are lower - people still go in for ALL CASH DEAL - or a 50-70% kind of a CASH DEAL...In Pune & Mumbai & NCR - its just the opposite !

I am not buying there bcos of some emotional decision or as if there is no tommorrow, I am buying there since I think Gujrat & Nagpur are cities of tommorrow, and putting in 10-15 lacs, for me is really not much of a problem, its like buying another car for me !

There is no hurry ofcourse, I am just keeping my eyes open !
    CommentQuote
  • I dont Know about A'Bad ,but in Nagpur you will not get "Decent 2BHK " in 10-15 Lacs with in the city limit.

In Nagpur also you have to pay min 28-30 lac in the city area for 1000sq.ft flat
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by skusare
    I dont Know about A'Bad ,but in Nagpur you will not get "Decent 2BHK " in 10-15 Lacs with in the city limit.

In Nagpur also you have to pay min 28-30 lac in the city area for 1000sq.ft flat

Well, thats true if you have to buy in Dhantoli or Ramdaspeth. Try buying on Wardha raod, Besa,Beltrodi - which are within NIT and NMC, in Pune --- people are selling 35 lacs 2 BHK -- 20-40 kms from the city centre -- thats like Hingna or Kampti in Nagpur.
    CommentQuote
    Do u think it is easy to change this perception of 90% people?

Better question to ask is where was this perception before 2004? Try and answer this!
    CommentQuote
    Well, thats true if you have to buy in Dhantoli or Ramdaspeth. Try buying on Wardha raod, Besa,Beltrodi - which are within NIT and NMC, in Pune --- people are selling 35 lacs 2 BHK -- 20-40 kms from the city centre -- thats like Hingna or Kampti in Nagpur.

In Dhantoli and Ramdaspeth, 2bhk flat prices have already crossed 45-50 lacs mark:bab (59):. Its like Prabhat Road of Nagpur. For 30-35 lacs, you have to search in the areas like Gopal Nagar, Pratap Nagar( i think not even Pratap Nagar), Hanuman Nagar.

Nagpur is slowly gaining speed in terms of Real Estate:bab (6): !
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by skusare
    In Dhantoli and Ramdaspeth, 2bhk flat prices have already crossed 45-50 lacs mark:bab (59):. Its like Prabhat Road of Nagpur. For 30-35 lacs, you have to search in the areas like Gopal Nagar, Pratap Nagar( i think not even Pratap Nagar), Hanuman Nagar.

Nagpur is slowly gaining speed in terms of Real Estate:bab (6): !

:), well, yes in Nagpur, the price range is 1000 rs to 5000 -- 5000 for maybe high end societies in civil lines,dhantoli,ramdaspeth,dharampeth areas...

However, my family has close assoc with Nagpur and I know flats are selling for 10-15 lacs for 2 BHK, in what are called Nagpur sub-urbs, believe me-- they are much better than Pune city areas like Wakad/Pimples.
    CommentQuote